Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Yes! If you hover your mouse over the right hand corner of a Multiple Choice Poll’s Live Chart, you will see a few pop-up controls appear. One of these “Show Instructions” allows you to toggle between the chart results and instructions view. This allows you to hide the results until a time of your choosing, while still providing the necessary voting instructions.

2. Add a graphic to a multiple choice question.

I wanted to simply enhance the look of the poll, not to use the graphic as one of the answers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible by either:

Hover your mouse over a poll’s title, two arrows will appear on the left which you can click and then drag the poll to a new group/order.

Use the “edit multiple” button at the top right to select multiple polls and then move to a specified group.

4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Single user fee.

Single user for a year. I am a presenter to groups of 50 or so and want to just use it as a feedback form. Just one positive or negative response. Probably no more than 500 one time responses in a year.

How about a flat yearly fee for something like that? ($75?) Think of all the presenters who might want a service like this. Attendees could enter them at anytime, not for live viewing, but as a tool for the presenter.

I have the free version. I don't quality for the student version. I don't want the Instructor's rate…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. share your poll with other users

it would be cool if you could share your awesome poll with another teacher, you could basically send your completed poll to another user

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Seems that I must start the poll from the machine

I am using a laptop to project the poll onscreen from Powerpoint. It would help if I could use my tablet to start/stop the poll and have it register onscreen. Right now, it seems that the poll needs to be started/stopped from the laptop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Filter

As a teacher, I would like to see a filter installed for the questions where students can text in their short answer. That way, if a student uses a curse word, it will not show up on the board.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Picture and question

I teach nurses, doctors, and paramedics. I would find it useful to be able to insert pictures of EKG strips or sick pictures and include questions such as "What EKG is represented here?"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Embed code

I would be awesome if you could embed the web tools to enter in a code for a poll, so you could place it on your website to direct people to the source easily

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently offered through our existing /embed tools. Click on “blog or webpage” in the sharing menu or add /embed to the end of one of your poll’s permalinks to check it out. You could also use an iframe.

11. Create a Poll Template for Word

Most teachers, myself included, have many review activities and quizzes that I would like to utilize on polleverywhere.com However, creating new polls by copy and past takes a long time. It would be great if I could upload my already created quizzes into polleverywhere.com.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Manipulation of responses

I would like to be able to sort open-ended responses for use after a presentation. For example, when I download the PowerPoint, I would like to be able to take the quote boxes as they are and move them into various columns for teaching purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Diana,

You can do this from the Response History View or Reporting menus. These will display a poll and responses in table format. You can copy paste straight from the site or export to Excel as a CSV.

13. have the ability to cut and paste from a word document.

I have questions that I would like to use in poll everywhere. When I copy the question into poll everywhere it creates several polls and seperates the answers into different polls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robert,

This is currently possible. There are some formatting requirements. Each question needs to be on it’s own line. A"?" designates the end of a question and the start of multiple choice options. Multiple choice options need to be separated with commas. It may be helpful to copy and paste the text into word or notepad first to ensure there isn’t anything extra like html attached (can happen when copying from word).

Here’s an example:

What’s your favorite color? red,blue,green
    What’s your name?
    This is my third multiple choice question? 1,2,3
    This is my fourth short answer question?

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Math Type for math teachers

Recently, I tried using your program to quiz my students on their knowledge of the math concepts in Algebra 2. It would be much better for the students and myself if the program incorporated options for some of the symbols used in math. An "equation editor" or "math type" feature would make this program AMAZING!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow for a dual and multi-level an bar graph poll with a multiple choice response options

I would like to create a poll with dual options as and multiple choice response. For example, How would you rate police (Excellent/Pretty Good; only fair/poor in your community based on the following responding to complaints, preventing crime, solving crime etc.)?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. Average

I would like to be able to have students judge/rate an item (like a presentation) on a scale of 1 to 5 (or similar). I would like poll everywhere to be able to give me an average to one decimal point.
    Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is completed! Any paid user has access to the “Reports” tab, and the normal report can calculate averages both for Multiple Choice Polls that have numeric options, as well as for free-form numeric answers from Free Text Polls.

18. Great way to see a classes attitude towards the subject on the first day of school

Fun way to hook students on the first of school to see what they think of the subject matter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Download as" options

Instead of only ppt, would it be possible to have the flash embedded into a pdf file for download? Or maybe directly to swf? Don't know how many people would use it, if it's even possible, or if it's too difficult to implement, but just thought putting up a fullscreen pdf would be nice sometimes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Philip,

Looks like you already found the Prezi/.SWF download link under the Share and Publish Menu. Keep in mind each poll can be loaded directly in a web browser as well (each has a permalink).

20. Be able to hide only 1 method of response rather than only both

Being able to hide the website method of response but keep text method reduces clutter if text method of response is highly likely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I assume you’ve been hiding the voting instructions form the visual settings menu? When viewing a poll on the site, you can actually select which voting method you’ll allow on the poll to the right under “How People Can Respond.” Deselecting the options you would not like to use will remove them from the Live Chart.

1 2 9 11 13 16 17

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base