Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

106 results found

1. include profanity filter in the "Edit Multiples" optons

It seems like an over sight that it is missing. But actually, this is something a user will either want to use on every single poll or not care about. It seems it would be better to create a global option to always use the profanity filter on every poll.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort by groups

It would be nice if we could sort by groups

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Participation grades

My participants are students and it would be great if they had the following in their displays: 1) groups in which they are enrolled, 2) current participation rate (% of total questions responded), 3) current "correctness" rate, 4) which questions that were presented that they did not respond to. I would also like to see the ability to sync multiple emails to an account so they can respond with both their school and personal accounts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This is great, thanks for the request! We are in some of the very initial design stages for what we’re calling a “Participant Dashboard” which students would be able to easily access from their mobile devices or computers and review this type of information.

Enrolled groups and a “correctness rate” as a proxy for their grade are both doable. The participation rate and generally displaying poll questions they did not respond to is much tougher. With faculty who use Poll Everywhere across multiple courses it is difficult for us to currently know which group/class the polls are for. And, we have some users who do not want to show questions participants did not answer to prevent any cheating or as an incentive to show up to class and answer. So, there are some business concerns as well for that.

Would it work for you all if we had an ability…

4. Improve PowerPoint Add-In stability

Improvements in PowerPoint Add-In stability

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  5. Reports

User friendly reports access.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Video

Let us post videos. It would be cool to show students video clips through youtube or self uploading and have students answer questions off of the videos.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have a sound play whenever there's a response.

I've made a live "I don't understand poll" for students who don't understand what I just said in lecture. If I see responses I would back-up and repeat or expand on the lecture point. Sometimes I don't know if there are responses without looking at it, so it would be nice if it could play a specific sound to let me know.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and interest in Poll Everywhere!

That’s an interesting idea! We’ll put it under review and talk about it. We’ll also let other users vote on your idea.

8. Location Tracking

GPS tracking to discourage cheaters. Some stay home in their dorms/apartments and just wait for a poll to come up. We have to find clever ways to keep them from cheating.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This has always been a far-off dream for us and I 100% understand the desire to limit responses to only participants within the room. We have been waiting and hoping for GeoTracking technology to be reliable enough for us to use as part of our regular workflow. I have personally used Uber or enough times where they have me one or more city blocks away from my actual location and we really don’t want the same situation to prevent a student from getting any class credit.

That said, there are a few ways we could try to tackle the problem. Would something like this work for you?
    - you are able to set you poll questions to “Request the participants location” before they are able to respond
    - the student is then prompted to share their location on the phone/laptop
    - if Poll Everywhere is unable to determine the location…

9. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure! So, currently we have a lot of background color options and the ability to upload a background image. Are you thinking of something like background “templates” sort of like how PowerPoint or Keynote use for slide backgrounds?

Otherwise, on fonts – are there any in particular you are looking for that we don’t have right now?

10. Seek version for use with Keynote on an iPad

Need version to work directly with Keynote on an iPad

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have an integration with the PowerPoint app for iPad. And, that is available today (I have the link below for installing)

Unfortunately, we need Apple to make a few changes to their Keynote API before we can take that one on. In the meantime, i would recommend using a full desktop or laptop and our Mac Presenter App which does support Keynote (just not on an iPad).

https://store.office.com/poll-everywhere-WA104218073.aspx?assetid=WA104218073

11. Master Account Level Reports

I'd like to be able to run account wide reports that give me information on all faculty usage and all student usage. I know it would be tough to run those on your servers with the massive amount of data, but I'd like to be able to download a CSV of all polls from all subusers maybe limited to a specific period of time so I can analyze usage over a semester.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm, that is a good suggestion and we’ve been working piecemeal on this as we get more institution wide accounts. My first suggestion would be this – email us at support@polleverywhere.com and one of our account managers can whip that up for you. We can absolutely do that on request. It may take us a few days as time allows, but we can do that.

Otherwise, we do have a CSV export available with some metadata for all of the Users/Faculty on the account. This is under Settings > Manage Users > Export to CSV. That will get you a report of all of the users on the account, the number of polls each created, the last time they used us, and the total number of responses each received. We have that today!

We plan on getting this available for all registered students on the account soon. It would…

12. Student-led blogs and polls

Blogging capabilities? Maybe a section where students could create and host their own polls.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Download Poll List with Meta Data only

Menu option to download .csv file that consists of a list of your polls with columns for: question; question type; creation date; modified date; # responses; # runs; whether responses have been deleted; when deleted; group (if any) to which the poll belongs. this would give us ability to sort the polls and consider how to reuse polls, etc. essentially, the ability to download the meta data separately from the data. Right now reports allow you to include some meta data but as part of the download of data content.. great product!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting one. I can understand the desire. We do store most of the information that you specified (questions type, creation date, last modified date, # responses, and # of runs could be calculated. We do not track deleted responses/groups after a few days).

Will it work for you if we ONLY display this information on the CSV download? Otherwise, in the short run if you are interested in some of that information and if you’re willing to wait a few days – you can contact our support team at support@polleverywhere.com and if it’s reasonable, we will be happy to try and get some of that information for you manually as a workaround.

14. Make RF clickers obsolete

Figure out the tough engineering problem of LTI integration, even if it is a different version of Poll Everywhere that is integration only. I want PollEv (or similar product) replace crude RF clickers, not simply be a substitute for them.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have full screen mode on the web able to take slide clicker inputs.

Have full screen mode on the web able to take slide clicker inputs.

This sounds redundant because you have PollPresenter for Powerpoint/Mac, but I find that fullscreen presentations from the web are much faster and more reliable than PollPresenter.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe this is currently possible with some slide clickers. Fullscreen mode honors left right arrow key inputs to navigate between polls. So, if your slide clicker can send these keyboard inputs, you should be all set.

16. Add graphic organizers

Create a way for students to update graphic organizers, like a venn diagram and have it able to show live on the website.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow the creator of the poll to edit the results to manually enter results.

I have a few students without cell phones or another technology device in my classroom. I go around and ask these students what they think the answer it. I would then like to add their responses to the result totals.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. more than 250 chars per question

seems an absurd limit. really a problem for my classroom usage. I'd maybe try to use powerpoint, but that facility is buggy, you can never tell how big the slides will turnout on presentation I saw in my testing.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the feedback! The character limit is due mostly to a lack of screen real estate on the chart view. We limit the number of characters to preserve legibility.

PowerPoint is a good alternative. If you’re experiencing a bug, please email us at support@polleverywhere.com so we can get it sorted out.

19. Consecutive grouped polls

When polls are grouped, be able to switch to the next one by clicking a NEXT button, or RANDOM within that group of polls.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Student Name / Identifier Appearance

Is there some way we could have either the student's name or NetID or some sort of identifier appear on the answer response screens for students? This would help course staff be able to quickly see if a student is polling in for another classmate when they have two polling devices open.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you asking to have the student’s name display on the pollev.com/:Username or web response page?

I assume you would be walking around a lab like classroom where they are using desktop or laptop computers to respond. Does that sound right?

Currently we just have a “hamburger” icon (those three horizontal lines) on the top right. We could replace that with the student’s first name if they are logged in. I’ll bring it up with the team and see if there are any dangers or complexities that I’m missing, but I think this should be straightforward.

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base