Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

106 results found

1. Visual spectrum

Place yourself on a spectrum- say you have an idea... Like- I think the world is flat. And there is spectrum of belief- I totally agree at one end & this is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Folks get to place themselves on the spectrum. Then during the presentation of two ideas say, BoB the rapper, and Neil de Grasse the Scientist, people can move their position accordingly- in real time...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Ha, well I really love your description of it Toby! I personally believe the world is round, but that is a pretty good song anyway….

Way back when we actually used to have a Dial Test poll to do this sort of thing. It never quite panned out for us and we’ve put it back on the shelf. Unfortunately, I think it would take a lot to convince us to go back to a Dial Test or Spectrum poll type.

In the mean time, I would recommend using our Multiple Choice poll to basically do this same thing. Here’s how:

You make a Multiple Choice Poll with Agree/Disagree as the answer choices. The audience can then use our Clear Response feature to change their answer during the presentation. The bar graph will update in real-time as people agree/disagree with what’s been said. You can read a bit about the Change…

2. x

I used it to teach my college classes. Besides using it to engage students. I also post a question at the beginning of each class asking the students to ask a question here. I am hearing impaired, so I am able to receive feedback and questions which I would otherwise miss due to my hearing loss.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Daily rather than per poll participation

For Gradebook, let answering one poll/day (or one in a select group of polls) to give full participation

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding teacher input

See if you can design a platform like Class Flow which combines slide sharing with polls. Also, you can start getting teacher input on questions to post per grade and subject content area to increase your database of questions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. udemy

How do you work with Udemy courses? Are there any problems, especially from them?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. counters for no of responses and time elapsed on the poll page

For class room use, it would be great to have a live counter for no of responses and time elapsed on the poll page. See attached screenshot from another polling software. This would greatly enhance the in class usage.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow full LaTeX for more than just equations

i.e., allow more than just limited / simple LaTeX

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After the results - Now What

Have the ability to work with responses on screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What do you have in mind exactly Desmond? When you get the results displayed on the screen you can make some visual adjustments (you can see details to our visual settings here https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#customizing_your_poll)

Or, you can export the results to CSV and manipulate them for analysis and reporting. We cover how that works in detail here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/reporting

Is there anything else in particular you would like to do? We’re absolutely interested in your feedback and use case

9. merge surveys

I'd love a way to merge survey response from different classes after doing the same survey with different groups

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Availability

Text option for MOLDOVA.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, I checked around and none of our preferred SMS vendors have a local Moldova number available for purchase yet. We always get new numbers as they become available and if there’s enough interest – we can go searching for another vendor.

In the meantime, I always recommend our web response method which will work anywhere there’s internet!

12. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use the new groups option to send poll using account details

I want to be able to create a poll then distribute it to one of my groups electronically, they can respond wherever they are.
    This will be extremely useful to setup polls to be responded too for flipped classroom feedback to ensure I can modify the next lesson if necessary, or collect important information over holidays or the weekend.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  14. Data vizualization freedom

Poll participants can create their own data visualizations. Woah.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Text only (not requiring answer)

Text only. I want to have instead of a question at the beginning of the survey to have a set of directions explaining how to use it. There doesn't appear to be a "non question" type of design feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. hide responses on Android version

Allow the hide responses option on the Android version. I appreciate that you have an app so we can lecture from a tablet or phone, but I don't like showing the responses until after everyone has responded.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m glad to hear you’ve been able to present from our Android application! I’ll bring this up with our design team and see if we can think of a way to do this. Right now, we do have a hide/show responses control in our application, but only as a remote control for our PowerPoint integration. So, we need to find a way to distinguish this from the remote control version.

Definitely something to look into for us. Thanks for the idea!

17. Quick Clear button for Google Slides

Would like to see a "clear results" button on the poll so when I do back-to-back Google Slides presentations, it would be easier to clear.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it seamless to use a Power Point doc with polls on multiple computers

Make it easier to use the Poll Everywhere plugin for Power Point.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there anything in particular that you are having trouble with regarding our PowerPoint integration? I know there a few trouble spots when using multiple computers with our application.

For example, are you having trouble installing the add-in? Or, maybe tracking which “user” is logged in within our PowerPoint application? Or, something else!

We’re always on the lookout for improvements.

19. Confusion meter

Polls where a student can 'retract' their answer. A useful idea for us is a ' I'm confused' meter during a complex class. Students click to indicate their confusion and a screen pops up on the presenter PC/account. When the student is satisfied/no longer confused they can click it 'off' and the presenter PC/screen is updated to reflect this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cool idea! I might recommend hacking our multiple choice polls for this in the short run. Here’s something you could try
    - add a “I’m confused” answer choice for a multiple choice poll
    - all of our multiple choice polls have a Change Answer feature enabled by default
    - students who are confused can initially post that response and the change their answer once they understand
    - you’ll be able to see the “I’m confused” on the regular bar chart

20. Closed poll responses

restricting answers to a particular group (to avoid dummy accounts with inappropriate responses)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently built a way for us to restrict poll responses only to participants who are already registered with your account. It takes a bit of custom setup for us to do. If your university or organization is interested contact us at sales@polleverywhere.com and we can work it out.

A question for anyone interested that will help us flesh this custom (for now) work to everyone – Would you want to restrict these responses to a specific group/class? Or, would restricting the poll questions to registered participants at the university/organization as a whole work for you?

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base