Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

106 results found

1. PowerPoint DataSheets

I would like a live poll, activated through PowerPoint, could publish some data back into a DataSheet in PowerPoint. I run into this is a class where I want to use demographic data to sort my results and display them as a combine graph.
    I have been able to do this with Turning Point. I can get this data from reports, I just want it to be fed back live to my PPT.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow full LaTeX for more than just equations

i.e., allow more than just limited / simple LaTeX

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Darken Screen After Responding

Redesign the user screen so that answers aren’t displayed more than a few seconds, and in a small box on computers. Our lecturers ask students to poll in with their individual response, then discuss with a neighbor and poll in again. With the large computer screens displaying student answers, there is no need for discussion as students will just look off of their neighbor's screen. This is a negative for our classes and it changes the way our lecturers teach, and gives cause to minimize the use of polling.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s an interesting use case. I can understand why this would be helpful in a “lab” type setting. The way you describe it, to have the screen darken after a few seconds, would go against our accessibility guidelines for ADA compliance. We might be able to get by this with an “opt-in” feature that you could select. I would need to ask our design team if they have any ideas

One thing, have you tried our multi-page survey features at all? It’s designed for a more asynchronous teaching style to let students answer questions at their own pace. However, it does let them answer a question > click Next > and this takes them to the next poll question in the survey. At this point the students could discuss in pairs/groups about the question they just answered and then make adjustments/comments in a followup question. You can see a bit…

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I haven’t heard of Entrada before, but we can certainly check it out. We’re always interested in more LMS integrations. If they support LTI 2.0 then there’s a good shot that we’ll be able to work with Entrada in the future

Thanks for the idea!

Brian
    - Poll Everywhere Product Manager

5. Presenters would like to be able to Password protect their polling sessions

This idea was brought to my attention by an educator. The idea is derived from the desire to ensure that students are present in class before participating. One easy way to do this is to apply a simple password or key required to access the presenter's pollev.com response page.

My initial idea is to integrate this into the user settings, in the Poll Settings of the Personal Info page.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  6. hide responses on Android version

Allow the hide responses option on the Android version. I appreciate that you have an app so we can lecture from a tablet or phone, but I don't like showing the responses until after everyone has responded.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m glad to hear you’ve been able to present from our Android application! I’ll bring this up with our design team and see if we can think of a way to do this. Right now, we do have a hide/show responses control in our application, but only as a remote control for our PowerPoint integration. So, we need to find a way to distinguish this from the remote control version.

Definitely something to look into for us. Thanks for the idea!

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Christine,

Could you give me a little more detail about what is happening with your Canvas Account? You should be able to export our Gradebook accounts to any Canvas Account that is integrated with Poll Everywhere. Worst case scenario it might take another user/login like a TA to upload the Gradebook to a separate Canvas account provided it is integrated on the backend.

If this sounds like what you are having trouble with, can you email us at: support@polleverywhere.com and give us a few more details? We’ll do our best to get to the bottom of this and see what we can do

Hope this helps!

8. Quick Clear button for Google Slides

Would like to see a "clear results" button on the poll so when I do back-to-back Google Slides presentations, it would be easier to clear.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  9. Data Visualization of Results

Enhance data visualization options for poll resutls

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Seek version for use with Keynote on an iPad

Need version to work directly with Keynote on an iPad

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have an integration with the PowerPoint app for iPad. And, that is available today (I have the link below for installing)

Unfortunately, we need Apple to make a few changes to their Keynote API before we can take that one on. In the meantime, i would recommend using a full desktop or laptop and our Mac Presenter App which does support Keynote (just not on an iPad).

https://store.office.com/poll-everywhere-WA104218073.aspx?assetid=WA104218073

11. Allow for personalized polling order output in created reports.

When reports are created, it organizes the polls by name instead of order presented to my class. So instead of seeing my questions appear in the order that they were presented (ex: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q1, Q2, Q3) they appear to be organized by name (ex: Q1, Q1, Q1, Q2, Q2, Q2, Q3, Q3, Q3). Can we set it up so that if I wish to view my students response patterns over the course of the quarter in a spreadsheet that they appear in chronological order? Or at the very least, in the order they appear listed…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  12. images in polls, in other formats

Add a figure (in different formats such as .pdf, .docx, or .pptx) to a poll

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it seamless to use a Power Point doc with polls on multiple computers

Make it easier to use the Poll Everywhere plugin for Power Point.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there anything in particular that you are having trouble with regarding our PowerPoint integration? I know there a few trouble spots when using multiple computers with our application.

For example, are you having trouble installing the add-in? Or, maybe tracking which “user” is logged in within our PowerPoint application? Or, something else!

We’re always on the lookout for improvements.

14. After the results - Now What

Have the ability to work with responses on screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What do you have in mind exactly Desmond? When you get the results displayed on the screen you can make some visual adjustments (you can see details to our visual settings here https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#customizing_your_poll)

Or, you can export the results to CSV and manipulate them for analysis and reporting. We cover how that works in detail here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/reporting

Is there anything else in particular you would like to do? We’re absolutely interested in your feedback and use case

15. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure! So, currently we have a lot of background color options and the ability to upload a background image. Are you thinking of something like background “templates” sort of like how PowerPoint or Keynote use for slide backgrounds?

Otherwise, on fonts – are there any in particular you are looking for that we don’t have right now?

16. merge surveys

I'd love a way to merge survey response from different classes after doing the same survey with different groups

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve PowerPoint Add-In stability

Improvements in PowerPoint Add-In stability

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Master Account Level Reports

I'd like to be able to run account wide reports that give me information on all faculty usage and all student usage. I know it would be tough to run those on your servers with the massive amount of data, but I'd like to be able to download a CSV of all polls from all subusers maybe limited to a specific period of time so I can analyze usage over a semester.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm, that is a good suggestion and we’ve been working piecemeal on this as we get more institution wide accounts. My first suggestion would be this – email us at support@polleverywhere.com and one of our account managers can whip that up for you. We can absolutely do that on request. It may take us a few days as time allows, but we can do that.

Otherwise, we do have a CSV export available with some metadata for all of the Users/Faculty on the account. This is under Settings > Manage Users > Export to CSV. That will get you a report of all of the users on the account, the number of polls each created, the last time they used us, and the total number of responses each received. We have that today!

We plan on getting this available for all registered students on the account soon. It would…

19. Confusion meter

Polls where a student can 'retract' their answer. A useful idea for us is a ' I'm confused' meter during a complex class. Students click to indicate their confusion and a screen pops up on the presenter PC/account. When the student is satisfied/no longer confused they can click it 'off' and the presenter PC/screen is updated to reflect this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cool idea! I might recommend hacking our multiple choice polls for this in the short run. Here’s something you could try
    - add a “I’m confused” answer choice for a multiple choice poll
    - all of our multiple choice polls have a Change Answer feature enabled by default
    - students who are confused can initially post that response and the change their answer once they understand
    - you’ll be able to see the “I’m confused” on the regular bar chart

20. Closed poll responses

restricting answers to a particular group (to avoid dummy accounts with inappropriate responses)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently built a way for us to restrict poll responses only to participants who are already registered with your account. It takes a bit of custom setup for us to do. If your university or organization is interested contact us at sales@polleverywhere.com and we can work it out.

A question for anyone interested that will help us flesh this custom (for now) work to everyone – Would you want to restrict these responses to a specific group/class? Or, would restricting the poll questions to registered participants at the university/organization as a whole work for you?

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base