Skip to content

Ideas

237 results found

1. Conditional Responses

It'd be nice to have followup questions based on the response that has been sent. For example say the first question is "do you use public transit? a) yes b) no" and only if they answer "yes" they would receive a followup question "What type of public transit do you use? a) bus b) light-rail"

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Better handling of numeric answers

when numerical answers are required, display a histogram of the distribution of responses, so lecturer can see roughly how many get close to the right answer, and how many are far off.

117 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Timed/scheduled activation of a poll

I'd like the ability to push a scheduled poll to my dedicated page
    without the question being visible until the poll actually starts.
    Currently the question is visible, the users just cannot submit a response
    yet until the start time has been reached.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Segregated data collection based on which sub-user is logged in to the PPT plug-in

Let's say I had eight sub-users on my account and a group of questions that I want all of them to be able to ask, potentially in parallel classrooms running at the same time, but only see displayed their own results (excluding the responses gathered by the other seven sub-users). Today I have to copy the group of questions to each sub-user account and build eight separate PowerPoint decks (which is ugly, since now I'd have eight decks to maintain instead of one).

In a corporate environment, it would be really, really useful to build one PowerPoint deck and have…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback!

It’s a pretty difficult issue to solve/account for, and we’re not sure that in all situations it would be the best approach. That said, it’s something we’ve also considered.

The main issue is that the way our system works is it assigns specific, unique codes to each of your multiple-choice options. If you try to use the same poll question multiple times, we would have to somehow create copies of the poll question on the fly, then serve them instantly to the new presenter’s audience.

This is an awesome idea, but to make something like this work at the moment, we’d have to change some of how our system works and also dedicate a lot of development time into creating this possibility.

5. Cache Polls, Send Eventually

The wifi at my university is pretty terrible. However, my professor insists on using poll everywhere for quizzes everyday. Often, I miss a poll question simply because my computer or my phone cannot connect to the internet. I can't send via text because I don't have service. It would be nice if I could send the poll whenever I got wifi. Of course, this will may require a complete rewrite of your backend because a poll completely closes when the instructor decides to. And the code doesn't work afterwards. But maybe if the time the response was cached is before…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 81 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Unlink title font size from logo size

It's great that I can upload a logo to a slide, but if I want to change the size of the logo to be small and unobtrusive, I have to also change the size of the font. So either I have a logo the size I want, but small title text, or the font size I want with a big ol' logo image. It would be nice if the logo size and font size weren't linked.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry about the trouble you’ve had with the text sizing. I can empathize with you entirely. Text sizing is just one of those subtly tricky things.

We’ve had this request before and it is something we’ll definitely look into how we can accomplish. There are some workarounds that you can do with the image itself that you are uploading as a logo. Where we can add some “whitespace” around it to appropriately size. However, that is a somewhat tedious process.

Another thing that I’ve seen done as a workaround is to upload a Background Image with your logo in the corner and the rest just a white background. That can sometimes cause text to cover the logo but with proper placement and spacing/alignment you can maneuver around that.

Thank you for the suggestion and bringing this up. We’ll post here as we make progress on these sorts of customization…

8. Ability to log me out on all devices

If I log in on someone elses device - whether in the browser, PowerPoint, etc. - and forget to log out, I'd like the ability to log myself out of anywhere I'm logged in. This would improve data privacy/security as I could remove access to see my polls, and ensure that others aren't using my login for their own purposes.

This would be similar to Spotify's "Log out of everywhere" option, or Google's "Log out of all sessions" ability.

example: https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/account_basics/can-i-sign-out-of-my-account-if-im-signed-in-on-another-device/

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Could we go back to the icon feature instead of labels on the right side of ppt presentation?

Icon is cleaner. Label tends to cover the contents on the power point.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been keeping a close eye for feedback on this change. We have generally seen that most people appear to be reassured with the labels as the icons weren’t always as clear for folks.

That said, I definitely understand the desire to not cover up the chart more. We definitely plan on more tweaks to those labels/buttons in the near future to be a cleaner and more beautiful experience.

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate it

10. You should explore allowing multiple account template polls

We are a big company and have two sectors within the same account. We would like to have two poll templates: one per sector

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea! We are actively doing some initial research into different ways to expand and improve our template poll feature. It’s great to hear these sorts of requests.

We are looking into this right now, however it is still very early for us to say exactly how we will implement these improvements. We’ll post here as the project moves along.

Thanks for the idea!

11. Ability to adjust Fonts, etc within the multiple choice options

Would like the ability to adjust fonts, colors, size, underline, etc in the multiple choice options. This would be useful in grammar type questions, when we want people to notice the differences in the multiple choice options.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a workaround that I might suggest, let me know if this could work for you.

Our polls support LaTeX which is typically used by math or science professors to give equations. However, LaTeX also supports way to underline, bold, italicize etc… text in general.

You can see a bit how it works here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/power-users/latex

And, I usually recommend this website for examples around LaTeX (there’s a whole section on the formatting you’re describing): https://www.sharelatex.com/learn

Would that work for you?

12. Q&A enhancement

Add the option for a Customisable Question with a User Drop Down box options before continuing on to the page to write your Q&A, This would allow us to continue as anonymous, yet have a group identifier that allows us to tailor the response in a live Q&A. The example I have is to be able to identify the market / location where the question is being asked from. This would then be displayed in a new column during a live Q&A so that you can sort by market first, and votes second, so that each population has questions answered.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Voters count rather that votes count

I often allow voters to vote for more than one item. When I do so, I can see how many votes have been cast, but not how many people have voted. I want to be able to see the latter, because I want to know when most people have cast a vote. This is impossible to tell from the tally of votes, since some people cast multiple votes

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll bring it up to our engineers. I know this is a bit trickier for us to do than simply changing a visual setting because we have to securely pass the participant data back to the poll. This is especially difficult for our Anonymous polls. As well as keeping it crystal clear to people what we are counting. Last thing we want is to confuse folks who see that the number of responses and the count don’t match up.

But, I can certainly understand the desire here.

14. Automatically insert replies from one poll to a new one in a presentation

It would be great to have the possibillity to take the answers from one poll directly into another poll/question during a presentation, without having to take a break in the presentation to do this manually.
    Specifically, I have been hoping to first start out with a word cloud, and then directly switch over to another question (e.g. rank order, multiple choice or upvote) where the respondents can vote on the words reported in from the previous question (hence the replies on the first question is seamlessly added into the second).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is tricky for us to do. I love the idea, but it’s subtly very hard to cover all of our edge cases.

Have you tried our Q&A Poll before? It’s not going to give you the exact same behavior but it hits a similar need. That poll type allows your audience to reply with open ended responses and up/downvote those responses as well.

Is that sufficient for you? You can read a bit about our Q&A polls here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/question-and-answer-brainstorm

15. Reverse display order for open-ended responses

We use open-ended responses to collect questions for executive town halls. It would be great if we could reverse the order and new responses/questions would be added at the bottom instead of the top.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Insert video or url in the surveys or activities

Insert video or URL in the surveys or activities

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea. Would you expect the video to load and display for your audience on their mobile devices? Or, is it more just to be able for them to link to another website?

There are a few security concerns because there is always some risk to linking or loading other websites but it’s a fun idea

17. Placeholder slide: rather than random shot - just have title portion. That way, won’t ‘glitch’ while waiting for server connection

Currently the slide you’ll see in slide deck of PowerPoint is apparently randomly generated, sometimes capturing a chart with answer from previously run poll ( the last time you presented the deck live). This leads to cumbersome need to pull out the poll everywhere slides and reinsert them fresh each time you give the talk. Or else will risk a glitchy presentation and slide deck that has answers revealed from last presentation. The ‘placeholder slides’ poll everywhere uses do not update - they are truly just ‘placeholders’. The best solution is for those placeholders to be ‘clean’ and unrevealing of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! That’s really interesting to hear. We had a lot of discussions about whether to show or hide the results on the placeholder images. It was tough to try and decide.

I’ve shared this with our team and we’ll be checking in with other customers if they have a preference as well.

18. Allow the poll timer to activate when using the mobile app.

For many reasons, I do not embed the poll questions in my presentation, but prefer to "push" the poll questions to the audience while showing a different presentation slide. With the embedded poll slides/desktop version, the timer for a question will activate and then lock the poll. However, when the mobile app is used, the timer for the poll will not activate. It would be nice to either have it activate the timer or give a timer start option within the mobile app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Gradebook Reports Enhancements

For grading, reports are very limited currently. Here are some crucial features that are badly needed, in particular for cvs download.

Include information of what group the poll was part of.

Include information of when the poll was administered.

Be able to control the order of polls (columns), especially chronologically when the polls were administered.

Be able to group polls in sessions.

Use case:
    Every class I give three polls. My students get one point per poll up to a possible total of 3. They also get one attendance point if they answered at least one of the polls (no…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can definitely understand the frustration here. Our Gradebook reports were mostly designed to be exported into an LMS (Blackboard, Canvas etc..). It does break down a bit when you are looking at a larger number of polls, especially across multiple groups or multiple courses.

One thing that I would recommend is to instead use our Response Pivot Table Report and export that to CSV. That will include the group title, several timestamps of the responses, and more. It isn’t ideal, but would be my best suggestion for now.

20. Add a spelling and grammar checker so our questions and answers don't have these errors

Add a spelling and grammar checker so our questions and answers don't have these errors

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas