Ideas

How can we improve Poll Everywhere?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Create a setting to disable drag-and-drop in the poll list

I have a number of faculty who use tablet computers to interact with Poll Evferywhere. They are not allowed to install apps due to administration and security issues, so they interact with Poll Everywhere using a web browser. The problem is that they have to use the touch screen to scroll around the page, and very often they will accidentally pick up and drag a poll to a different group, or just rearrange the polls in the group.

Is there a way to add a check box or account setting to disable this drag and drop feature when using a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble with this! I spoke with our engineering lead for our My Polls list and we should be able do something for this. We got this in our backlog of work and hopefully will have a solution soon.

I’m not sure if we will add a checkbox or account setting to purely disable the drag-n-drop to reorder. I expect to either add a delay that requires pressing down on a poll for several seconds to enable the drag functionality or we will make it so that dragging on happens on a specific part of the screen.

Thanks for the feedback!

2. "Presenter View" support in PowerPoint

Is there any way to support presenter view in PowerPoint? I'd love to be able to see one slide ahead instead of just mirroring my presentation when I have my laptop plugged into the projector. Currently the polls display but not in the correct location on the slide...they will be off center or even overlayed on the presenter view screen instead of on the slideshow.
    Thanks!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Well, this is tough. Presenter View is not specifically supported, however we do usually work with it. We do have a workaround setting that we can apply if you are using PowerPoint for Mac. If that’s the case, please contact us at support@polleverywhere.com and we can walk you through our “Force Monitor” feature.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a similar workaround for Windows. I opened a request with our Windows Slideware team to investigate if there’s something we could do as a workaround in the short-term. Otherwise, Microsoft does not have Presenter View available in the API (integration format) that we use. So, for us to fully with Presenter View we’ll need to do some reverse engineering to figure out what kind of math the Microsoft engineers are using here. Which is just tough for us.

I’ll see what the team thinks and try to get another update on…

3. Display Answers to Multiple Questions

Allow the ability to poll for question 1, then poll for question 2, and then display the answers to questions 1 & 2 next to each other.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make a check box poll type for multiple boxes

I'd love to allow the clickable image to make smaller boxes to click. Currently there is no "check box" questions. I need to poll how many criteria apply to the question from my audience. Currently the UI is too cumbersome to draw 20 boxes, for example, but suitable for <8. If you look at my poll here, you could see I'm almost set up to collect tick boxes on each category, but creating that many boxes is too difficult the way the current functionality is set up

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s a tricky one. I can see how you were setting it up, but it’s difficult to display that many options on a live screen.

The closest thing we currently have, that I might recommend, is to use a Survey and separate these out into several multiple choice poll questions.

Otherwise, I agree we’d need a new poll type for this sort of situation. It’s really clever idea – I wish we had a better solution for you out of the box. I’ll bring it up to our engineering team to see about feasibility.

5. Exporting results in a PPT format

Add the option of expporting results into a PPT.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you interested in getting a screenshot of the poll results into PowerPoint? Basically the same thing that we display on the live poll. Or, a report?

If a screenshot of the results, we do have a pre-built way to insert the screenshots of polls directly into a PowerPoint presentation from our PowerPoint app. Here’s how:

1. install our powerpoint app at polleverywhere.com/app
    2. once installed, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the top right of PowerPoint
    3. select Insert → Screenshot
    4. then select the poll questions that you would like to insert the screenshots for directly into PowerPoint

We have some more info here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/new-powerpoint-placeholder/

6. Nested groups of polls

I hear this is in the works, but being able to have groups of polls INSIDE other group would make managing hundreds of polls much easier to navigate and deal with. THANKS!!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a "MATRIX" poll

Please create a matrix poll: You ask a question, have several items for which the quesiton should be answered individually in separate rows, and then have a predefined set of possible answers, where the user is asked to respond in each row. It would be perfect if you can define, how many answers are allowed in each row. This matrix could be used for ratings (e.g. "rate these 5 presentations on scale 1 to 10" with 10 different answer options; "rate these 5 movies on a scale from "poor" - "okay" - "nice" - "great") or other questions like "how…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Presenters would like to use the PollEv Mobile app remote function with the Mac Presenter

At the moment the remote functionality of the mobile app only works with the Windows Presenter. I have seen an uptick in requests to use the Mobile app remote with the PollEv Mac presenter. Posting this to gage interest of our users.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I remember when we released the Remote Control for our Windows PollEv Presenter that we looked into getting it working with Mac and there were some complications with how PowerPoint for Mac detects some of our poll settings. If there’s interest though, we can definitely look into the problem with fresh eyes and see what we can do

9. Add Back Button to LiveSlides PowerPoint add-in

LiveSlides doesn't have a back button but it needs one! This would allow someone to be able to follow a hyperlink on a website but still get back to the original webpage. Without it, I can't figure out how to get back.

I'd like to use LiveSlides within a self-guided PowerPoint to flip the classroom, and I want students to be able to do a simple research project but easily move forward with the presentation when they are finished.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bracket for a playoff

Create ability to vote on and display winners in a bracket play off, ala NCAA basketball tournament. For example, if there was a beer tasting for 8 beers, users could select (blind or identified) favorites two beers at a time - four votes in first round, two in semifinal and one in final.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add sound to the countdown timer

Can you put in some sound options when the countdown timer gets to 00:00. I have a couple of audience members who are colorblind and several have said that hearing a bell would let them know that time was up, if they weren't looking at the screen

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Is your audience generally responding by the web on their phones or are they responding by text message?

I ask because we have a longterm goal (hopefully sometime this year) to add the countdown time to the web response page on the audience’s phone and to have this timer work with screenreader and other accessibility devices. Do you think that would solve the problem?

12. Flush participants off a keyword

I would like the ability to force every participant off of a keyword. We use P.E. at events where we have multiple meetings (or classes if you are an educator) starting at the same time. The moderator (or teacher) tells the audience to log in to the keyword - say SessionA - at the start of the program.

We have an open ended poll open to send questions directly to the moderator. What shows up is not only "SessionA" from people who were still logged into the keyword, but also "SessionB", C, and D from people who are in another…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to organize reports into folders

Folders for organizing reports.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Accessibility improvement.

I have been sat on the website for 2 days after trawling through the user guide, attempting to get it to work. It is really difficult to move from poll page to testing and editing. It is also confusing to understand how to activate the poll. Really frustrating system.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto toggle of "show/hide" with timer

I love the timer feature, how you can set a poll to automatically lock when the timer runs out. It would be GREAT to have the poll show/hide toggle also when the timer runs out, at the same time as the lock toggle. I use poll everywhere in my lectures and I want students to be able to answer a question without seeing the other students' answers. Then once the timer runs out the poll should lock and automatically show the results.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integration with ProPresenter.

It would be great to have an add in for the program ProPresenter on MAC. Very useful and widely used presentation software. Same idea as powerpoint an keynote. Thank you for considering. I'd love to see this available in the near future if at all possible.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Greg,

I believe the last few releases of ProPresenter have a web page viewer included. You can present your polls from the web there, the same way as if you were using our website to directly present your polls.

You can directly navigate to the poll chart, hover over the top right of the chart, and click “enable fullscreen” to start presentation mode.

We also support PowerPoint and Keynote integration with our Mac App.

Give ProPresenter a try and let us know how it works out

17. Option to show real-time poll results on audience devices after a web poll vote is placed

After a web poll link is used, show the voter the real time results and keep refreshing the page like a gamecast app/page does, so the voter can see the real-time results of the poll they just participated in.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Conditional Responses

It'd be nice to have followup questions based on the response that has been sent. For example say the first question is "do you use public transit? a) yes b) no" and only if they answer "yes" they would receive a followup question "What type of public transit do you use? a) bus b) light-rail"

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better handling of numeric answers

when numerical answers are required, display a histogram of the distribution of responses, so lecturer can see roughly how many get close to the right answer, and how many are far off.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi William,

Thanks for using Poll Everywhere and providing feedback!

This is an interesting idea, but it’d take quite a bit of development time away from other features we’re currently working on. I’m not an educator, but as I think through this, I wonder in how many situations this would be helpful. My concern is that when numeric answers are concerned, they aren’t often always close. For example, if students are solving a problem using a formula, they could get the formula aspect slightly wrong and get an absurd answer, even if they were just one step off. I guess my expectation is that we’d often find that answers that should receive more credit could be further from the right answer and vice-versa.

20. Add A Live Updating Leaderboard for Team Competitions

The current segmentation feature doesn't allow me to view a live visual of which team is in the lead. It would be nice if there was a live view that could be embedded into PowerPoint.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base