Ideas

How can we improve Poll Everywhere?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Weighted Voting

Have a way for a delegate's vote to be weighted in situations where one delegate is representing several people's vote as a proxy or maybe the president's vote has more swing so his/ her vote should count as two individual's vote.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Color coding

We'd like to be able to choose specific colors for certain multiple choice responses in the bar/column charts

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ll check with the team to see what this would take. Otherwise, the closest thing we offer today is our Heat Map view which will have each bar be a different color. However, the color of the bar will change based on how many people support that option to help show the “Leader”

If that sounds like something you’re interested in check out the visual settings menu > heatmap and see what you think

• Please update the iPad app for iOS 9 multitasking

The current version of the Poll Everywhere app on iPad does not allow for split view/multitasking, which was introduced to the iPad two years ago. Please support this functionality which is crucial for using PE on the fly.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Add Back Button to LiveSlides PowerPoint add-in

LiveSlides doesn't have a back button but it needs one! This would allow someone to be able to follow a hyperlink on a website but still get back to the original webpage. Without it, I can't figure out how to get back.

I'd like to use LiveSlides within a self-guided PowerPoint to flip the classroom, and I want students to be able to do a simple research project but easily move forward with the presentation when they are finished.

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Bracket for a playoff

Create ability to vote on and display winners in a bracket play off, ala NCAA basketball tournament. For example, if there was a beer tasting for 8 beers, users could select (blind or identified) favorites two beers at a time - four votes in first round, two in semifinal and one in final.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Ability to delete individual responses

In a moderated event, it would be good if we could delete individual responses to preserve the 500 response count. In many cases, we have forums where we would like to allow participants to be anonymous and also to have the ability to input multiple responses, but it only takes one person in the group to ruin it for everyone else. Deleting all the responses is not a great option because it deletes the legitimate responses.

7 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ah, this is a tough one. Most of our pricing is based around the maximum number of responses allowed per poll question because generally larger events have a larger budget and this helps keep things fair for our customers and keeps us in business.

If we allow plans with moderation to “delete” a response and prevent it from getting recorded as a response it allows for some bad agents to game our pricing system and get a lot of “free” responses by showing them and then “deleting” them before they reach the limit. So, it’s a tradeoff for us.

We might be able to do something like giving each presenter a maximum of 5-10 “deletes” that they can use for any given poll question. That way you can remove a few bad responses that you never want to display, but prevent gaming the system.

Do you think that would work…

• Export to SPSS

Add the option to export all of the response data to .sav format for further analysis in SPSS.

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • improve "recent presentations" on pollev.com

As students, it'd be helpful to see more than 3 "recent presentations" so that we can access frequent professors faster

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Keynote for iOS Integration

I'm increasingly doing presentations in keynote on my iPhone with a HDMI output. I'd really like to be able to use poll everywhere in this setup. Shame it doesn't seem possible.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, unfortunately Apple just doesn’t really make this possible for us right now. We are able to integrate with the PowerPoint iOS app by using the Office 365 Store which is a built-in app store for PowerPoint, however Apple’s Keynote does not have a similar store.

Until they release something like that or offer a public API we can build an integration off of, it just is not feasible for us. We’ll jump on the train once it’s possible.

In the meantime, I would recommend either presenting with our Mac App with Keynote on your macbook, or you can use our Office 365 integration on your iPhone

https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104218073&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&clickedfilter=OfficeProductFilter%3APowerPoint&productgroup=PowerPoint&homprd=PowerPoint&sourcecorrid=1b0056ee-27f5-4ee3-9c08-47f1f79f1ffe&homappcat=Education&homapppos=2&homchv=0&appredirect=false

• Have the show results chart hidden by default.

I know that you can toggle this on/off, but for brand new polls the default is always to show the results. It would be nice if it this was set to default to hide the chart, then after you move on to the next slide after showing the chart, it would reset it back to hiding results.

In my experience, we have never wanted to show the results as answers come in.

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

We are looking into a few ways to do this. Our current plan is to have a “workflow” that you could customize and setup for all of the polls on your account. And we would follow that flow as you click the right arrow key while presenting. So, the poll would start with the chart hidden then

hidden chart and active poll > lock the poll > show the chart > show the correct answer > go to the next poll

Does that sound like something that would work for you?

• Presenters would like to use the PollEv Mobile app remote function with the Mac Presenter

At the moment the remote functionality of the mobile app only works with the Windows Presenter. I have seen an uptick in requests to use the Mobile app remote with the PollEv Mac presenter. Posting this to gage interest of our users.

15 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I remember when we released the Remote Control for our Windows PollEv Presenter that we looked into getting it working with Mac and there were some complications with how PowerPoint for Mac detects some of our poll settings. If there’s interest though, we can definitely look into the problem with fresh eyes and see what we can do

• Ability to change placement and size of timer and responses

I would like like to be able to move the timer to a different position on the screen, and have it be larger.

Same with the amount of responses, it is too small to really be noticed from the tests that I have done (maybe I haven't found the right setting for it?)

Also, I would like a way to trigger the timer without having to go on screen with the mouse to start/stop/reset it. As an example, sometimes the questions need to be explained or the host is reading them out loud. By the time that's done, the timer…

4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Track time to submit a response

It would be great to have a feature to measure how long it takes for someone to submit a response to a poll question. We are thinking of it in the context of a clickable image poll where we would ask the participant to find something in the image and see how long it takes them to do so.

5 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That could be cool and an interesting piece of data for folks. I’m not sure how many people would really be interested though.

Do you think it would work if we only displayed this on the CSV (Excel) download our reports? We have limited space available on the web view and I don’t think we can fit this without sacrificing a lot.

Otherwise, the closest thing we can easily track is the amount of time that has elapsed since the poll was made active until the response was received. This won’t always be accurate because a presenter could activate/deactivate and re-activate a single poll question during a presentation but should generally be accurate.

Would that be enough for y’all?

• Engaging Onscreen Results

More attractive/engaging output, for example, I get a more engaged audience response when I use UMU.com vs. PollEverywhere.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Sales Team does offer some custom branding for folks who want to host our web response page on your own URL and branding. Otherwise, we are looking at some ways to make this sort of branding initiative available on our retail plans to let you host our poll slides on your own web domain. But, for now it requires some custom effort either from us or your own developers. We’re happy to work with you to get it working though!

Thanks for the idea

Best,
                                Brian – Product Manager of Poll Everywhere

• Reverse date option for the polls listed in "my polls"

I use poll everywhere in teaching and so I am creating new polls several times a week. If the "order by date" had the option of putting the most recent at the top, it would greatly facilitate finding the newest polls for editing or other functions. I find it slow and tedious to scroll to the bottom everytime I use this list.

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Clickable image poll result: Summary image

Clickable image poll result: Summary image
                                  Current Clickable Image poll results can be displayed two ways: (1) All the received clicks posted onto the image; (2) Tally of clicks that landed in defined Clickable Regions.
                                  Suggested addition: For polls where the key information is the coordinates - not any clickable regions - calculate a centroid - i.e. an average position of all the clicks, and show that on the same Results figure along with all the individual clicks. In some cases that would be pretty useful. The average coordinates could also be shown. Even better would be that centroid point,…

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values

Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values
                                    Current reporting for "Clickable Image" poll includes a data column (in the Pivot Table format) that has both the click coordinate values (0-100%,0-100%) and the Defined Click Region, if any. These are 3 separate values and should be reported in separate data columns; otherwise they have to be parsed in order to be used.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Clickable image coordinate definition

Clickable image poll: Precisely define graph extent and "0" position.
                                      The current reporting on Clickable Image is in terms of "% of full extent of the total uploaded image". This method would work well for capturing quantitative data based on a graph (an image of a graph),
                                      > but only if <
                                      three points on the graph image could be precisely defined (in terms of screen position) by the user: (0,0), (0,100%), and (100%,0). Then, the reported percentages would mean something more directly usable.
                                      Suggestion: Offer this capability from the "Edit" screen that shows the uploaded image at the largest…

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • I would like to suggest a way to make the poll when inserted into a Power Point transparent so you can still see the Power Point background.

I would like to suggest a way to make the poll when inserted into a Power Point transparent so you can still see the Power Point background.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m not sure if this will be possible for how we currently implement our powerpoint integration. We currently use some parts of that image to determine the size and placement of our poll on the slide.

May I ask, why do you want your audience to see the whole background? If it is to match your branding and slide template > would it work if we are able to match your slide template and set that as the background for our poll?

Otherwise, if you are trying to show an image or something else on the same slide as our poll > you can resize the placeholder image to show part of the slide

• Rank by numbers

Have the ability to rank poll by numbers instead of drag and drop

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you thinking about entering allowing the participants to distribute say 10 or 100 “votes” amongst a few different answer choices as free response? Or, maybe just typing in 1st, 2nd, 3rd… instead of drag/drop?

There are a lot of different ways to do a ranking poll. We have a few ideas for how to implement each type, so it’d be great to get an idea of what you are interested in.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base