Ideas

How can we improve Poll Everywhere?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add more color to word clouds

I use your word cloud option regularly but find the colors quite drab which is disappointing for an option which is inherently visual. Currently I can only control the color of the two most popular responses. I don't need to be able to choose the color of individual words, but it would be great to be able to request a more vivid color palate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ll run this by our visual engineering team who work on our animations (like the word cloud). I know that in the past this was difficult for us to add more customization to the word cloud responses. The technology we used only supported 20 different color options and adding our own customization threatened the loading speed. We’ve made some significant progress in our loading time, so it may be more viable today.

Thanks for bringing this up!

• "Presenter View" support in PowerPoint

Is there any way to support presenter view in PowerPoint? I'd love to be able to see one slide ahead instead of just mirroring my presentation when I have my laptop plugged into the projector. Currently the polls display but not in the correct location on the slide...they will be off center or even overlayed on the presenter view screen instead of on the slideshow.
      Thanks!

14 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Well, this is tough. Presenter View is not specifically supported, however we do usually work with it. We do have a workaround setting that we can apply if you are using PowerPoint for Mac. If that’s the case, please contact us at support@polleverywhere.com and we can walk you through our “Force Monitor” feature.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a similar workaround for Windows. I opened a request with our Windows Slideware team to investigate if there’s something we could do as a workaround in the short-term. Otherwise, Microsoft does not have Presenter View available in the API (integration format) that we use. So, for us to fully with Presenter View we’ll need to do some reverse engineering to figure out what kind of math the Microsoft engineers are using here. Which is just tough for us.

I’ll see what the team thinks and try to get another update on…

• Duplicate a question adds it as the last question. Put it after the one being duplicated

Better still would be to support Ctrl+Drag so it can be placed anywhere in the list of questions

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually very recently looked into making the Duplicate option put the new question immediately after the original, but it turned out to be much more difficult and prone to bugs than we anticipated. With how important the order polls are listed (to be able to present from the website), we didn’t want to introduce the potential errors this would cause for us. Hopefully, we’ll be able to include this in the future when we come back to improvements to the poll list.

Otherwise, we do have drag-n-drop support for any poll questions you create. You can now click and hold on any poll question → and drag it to the desired location. You can read about this and other changes to our poll list here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/surveys-as-siblings/

• 1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry that the “Clear” button isn’t obvious. We used to have all of those buttons have longer labels and it was titled “Clear responses” however we had to shorten the names for most of them for space as we added more controls recently and had some feedback that the buttons needed to be larger.

I’ll get a request out to our design to see if we can get some tooltips in the short-term. I know longer-term our plan is to move more toward a dropdown menu of options where we’d have more descriptive labels.

If you do want any more information about the Clear responses option you can read about it here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#clearing-responses

• Notification that survey of a non-live presentation was responded to.

We use a survey of quiz questions after someone has viewed a video presentation. Would like to have notification that the survey was taken.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Change default right/wrong point assignment

For teaching I give mostly multiple choice questions. For the wrong answer I'd like to assign 2 points and right answers I'd like to assign 4 points. I then use the export-to-canvas to send them all to my student's accounts.

I'd like to set this up by default. Currently, for every question I turn on the "assign points", and fill in the 2 for all questions but the correct one, where I fill in a 4.

8 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Option to disable the newest response being larger

Option for instructor to disable the newest response being larger.
                At least this is what happens in Cluster mode when showing responses. If I am in a workshop with a group, asking for opinions or feedback about something, I would prefer all answers appear the same size.
                What I do know is send myself at the end an answer jusr with "x", but I would prefer to have the option to have all the answers the same size.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Display Answers to Multiple Questions

Allow the ability to poll for question 1, then poll for question 2, and then display the answers to questions 1 & 2 next to each other.

34 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Are you asking the same question twice as sort of a before/after comparison or are these two completely different questions you want to display?

I ask because we are beginning work on a before/after comparison display to show how your audience has change (or not) since the first time you asked them something.

If you are thinking of two separate questions, could you go into some more detail of what you are trying to display next to each other any why? It’ll really help us get a good idea of what we can do to help

• Translations in mobile app y response web instructions

Translations in mobile app and response web instructions

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We have some translation support for our instructions on the live chart, however it will still be a little while before we can commit to begin working on the same level of support on the mobile application. There are just a lot more error states and other potential translation needs on our mobile app. And, this will add a significant amount of work for us to maintain.

In the meantime, I do recommend setting our chart translations. You can see how here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/presenting/language-support

• When I'm answering a Q&A question, mark which items I've already upvoted or downvoted

When I'm answering a Q&A question, mark which items I've already upvoted or downvoted so I can more easily work through the list. It's also hard to understand (and explain to others) what the numbers are on the left. Perhaps a label at the top of that column would help.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, I’m not sure I fully understand. After you up/downvote on a response to a Q&A poll → the up/down arrow should turn from white to a dark blue to indicate that you have voted. Is this not happening for you or not what you have in mind?

The numbers along the left is the “Net score” or “Net votes” which tallies the +1 and -1 votes and gives it’s overall value. I haven’t heard much confusion with the Net Score being unclear, however we will definitely test it with some folks and if we hear from more people we will add some more labeling. We’re always hesitant to add more words to clutter up the response page, but it’s important to be clear.

Thanks for the feedback!

• 1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Weighted Voting

Have a way for a delegate's vote to be weighted in situations where one delegate is representing several people's vote as a proxy or maybe the president's vote has more swing so his/ her vote should count as two individual's vote.

8 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • LMS - Success Factors

Add Success Factors as an option for LMS attendee data import.

Please and thank you!

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values

Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values
                              Current reporting for "Clickable Image" poll includes a data column (in the Pivot Table format) that has both the click coordinate values (0-100%,0-100%) and the Defined Click Region, if any. These are 3 separate values and should be reported in separate data columns; otherwise they have to be parsed in order to be used.

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Ability to delete individual responses

In a moderated event, it would be good if we could delete individual responses to preserve the 500 response count. In many cases, we have forums where we would like to allow participants to be anonymous and also to have the ability to input multiple responses, but it only takes one person in the group to ruin it for everyone else. Deleting all the responses is not a great option because it deletes the legitimate responses.

8 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Ah, this is a tough one. Most of our pricing is based around the maximum number of responses allowed per poll question because generally larger events have a larger budget and this helps keep things fair for our customers and keeps us in business.

If we allow plans with moderation to “delete” a response and prevent it from getting recorded as a response it allows for some bad agents to game our pricing system and get a lot of “free” responses by showing them and then “deleting” them before they reach the limit. So, it’s a tradeoff for us.

We might be able to do something like giving each presenter a maximum of 5-10 “deletes” that they can use for any given poll question. That way you can remove a few bad responses that you never want to display, but prevent gaming the system.

Do you think that would work…

• Color coding

We'd like to be able to choose specific colors for certain multiple choice responses in the bar/column charts

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll check with the team to see what this would take. Otherwise, the closest thing we offer today is our Heat Map view which will have each bar be a different color. However, the color of the bar will change based on how many people support that option to help show the “Leader”

If that sounds like something you’re interested in check out the visual settings menu > heatmap and see what you think

• Please update the iPad app for iOS 9 multitasking

The current version of the Poll Everywhere app on iPad does not allow for split view/multitasking, which was introduced to the iPad two years ago. Please support this functionality which is crucial for using PE on the fly.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Add Back Button to LiveSlides PowerPoint add-in

LiveSlides doesn't have a back button but it needs one! This would allow someone to be able to follow a hyperlink on a website but still get back to the original webpage. Without it, I can't figure out how to get back.

I'd like to use LiveSlides within a self-guided PowerPoint to flip the classroom, and I want students to be able to do a simple research project but easily move forward with the presentation when they are finished.

4 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Ability to change placement and size of timer and responses

I would like like to be able to move the timer to a different position on the screen, and have it be larger.

Same with the amount of responses, it is too small to really be noticed from the tests that I have done (maybe I haven't found the right setting for it?)

Also, I would like a way to trigger the timer without having to go on screen with the mouse to start/stop/reset it. As an example, sometimes the questions need to be explained or the host is reading them out loud. By the time that's done, the timer…

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Bracket for a playoff

Create ability to vote on and display winners in a bracket play off, ala NCAA basketball tournament. For example, if there was a beer tasting for 8 beers, users could select (blind or identified) favorites two beers at a time - four votes in first round, two in semifinal and one in final.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base