Ideas

How can we improve Poll Everywhere?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. convert from one type of poll to another, e.g. multiple choice to competitions. We would like to do this by using an existing poll and conve

convert from one type of poll to another, e.g. multiple choice to competitions. We would like to do this by using an existing poll and converting from one type to another

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Same function but for Open Office

another common office program

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Participants able to change answers to all questions during a live presentation

Participants able to change answers (including open ended comments) to all questions during a live presentation AND not just the particular question being presented at the time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Splitting of single competition

Is it possible to split a single competition into two or three across the presentation, and then the final leaderboard we get, is updated to collate the score of all?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Backup

I now have hundreds of polls, representing many hours of work over five years. I would like to be able to make a backup for myself, in case something gets lost online, either because of my own user error or your system's.
    Is there any way to do this, other than somehow creating a "report" for all poll questions?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CSV template to import questions for Competitions

I've had good success with Competitions already, but it would be nice if CSV template functionality was added for this category. It's a lot easier to create a poll that way.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Customize the look and feel of the slides contained in a competition (just like the branded response pages)

Customize the look and feel of the slides contained in a competition (just like the branded response pages)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. K-12 Free vs. Premium

I think it's an oversight that the number of respondents per poll is the same (40) for both the k-12 free and premium accounts. What's the point of upgrading if I can't also increase the number of respondents? Sure, the size of 40 works well for a single class, but what about having an entire GRADE respond to the same poll at the same time to record accurate data? If the number of respondents increases for the Business & Non-profit plans (25, 50, 100, etc.), then why can't this increase also be applied to the K-12 plans? Upping the premium…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Move the previous and next buttons slightly so that they do not block the total results tally.

A great way to use poll everywhere on a very quick basis is to split the screen and have images or questions open in one app and have the poll everywhere open in a second window. However, unless you are in full screen mode, the previous and next buttons block the total number so you can see when your audience has completed the survey. This ought to be an easy fix.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Polling for ratings/probabilities on a 0-1 or 1-10 scale?

Many of the polls I would like to conduct with my class involve asking for a rating or a probability. I’m often looking for answers on a scale of 1 to 10 or on a scale of 0 to 100. I can approximate what I’m looking for by creating a multiple choice problem with different responses representing different ranges…but a point scale question type would be better.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give access only to the attending students.

It would be great if only the attending students can response to the active survey or quiz. If a student is registered in the class, he still can take the survey even though he is not attending the class. This feature will be very helpful in taking the class attendance. I would recommend having an access code for each survey displayed on the board. Attending students only can see it and type it in to access the survey. This feature can be added to the survey setting, such as Restrict to participants with access code only.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve discussed a few different ways we might do this. I’d like to ask if this would work for you:

If the title of the question is not displayed on the mobile device, so the only was a student could know what you are asking is if they can see the chart, would that be sufficient for you?

It isn’t fool proof, but we’re a little hesitant to add in the complexity to reply that it takes to enter a long, rotating code. There’s just a balance we’re trying to strike between ease of replying and preventing any cheating.

12. Scale & 100 point questions

I had to go with www.mentimeter.com for a conference due to not having the question types of scales and 100 points. You guys should check those 2 types out and add them to poll everywhere.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Segmentation reports

Up until recently ( last used Dec 2017) I was able to do poll by poll segmentation reports. I have been told by your support team that this is no longer supported as you have changed to only support a graded answer system. Unfortunately unless I am planning on running a pub quiz type setup this isn’t very helpful in a commercial/conference environment. Segmentation data, or demographics as we know it, can be a really important factor in using polling. Using the polls to breakdown where people are from, what kind of organisation they work for or what size of…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it possible to customize the instruction text

The French instructions for answering a poll are not clear at all. I would rather include my own instructions.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding a feature that allows participants to notified when they are to answer a poll question.

dding a feature that allows participants to notified when they are to answer a poll question. This could be something like a push notification on the app or an email alert when using the website.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This could be possible for us to do with our downloadable mobile application, but gets very tricky for participants that are just using a web browser or text messaging to reply. We’ve also been very hesitant to cause any notification that might cause “buzzing” or other sounds in a large auditorium as it might be very distracting, although I believe there are some ways around that.

Are most of your participants using the downloadable app or are you looking for something more?

Thanks for the feedback!

16. Sub-users can be a member of multiple groups

Hi there,
    We would like it if sub-users can be a part of more than one group. We have some faculty who teach graduate and undergraduate classes, and need to copy polls from other undergrad and graduate faculty. Currently users can only be a part of one group. Can you please change this so that users can be a part of multiple groups simultaneously?

Thanks,
    Kevin

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we are seriously considering. We are looking into a lot of different options to handle roles, permissions, and team structures within the application for our larger customers. It is a pretty significant project and we’ve only just begun some initial user research into what this might take.

If you are interested in providing feedback for sharing/copying/collaborating on polls with other people at your organization → we plan on performing user interviews in early 2018. Send us an email to support@polleverywhere.com and we will add you to our interview candidate pool.

Otherwise, please feel free to share any specific cases or problems you’re seeing here. I’ll route them to our user research team

Thanks for the feedback!

17. Polls embedded in PowerPoint should save final results

When I have multiple polls in PowerPoint, after the presentation is done, the results of the last active poll are saved on a slide - because that poll is still considered active. I'd like all the results collected during the presentation to be saved on the slide for each poll so that when I distribute the presentation the static results are show. Simply doing whatever you do with the active poll when the presentation is closed should be applied to the inactive polls too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

We do have a way to insert a screenshot with the results into PowerPoint. That would be my recommendation for right now. The tricky part for us is that many presenters like to reuse their decks and they want to have the poll slides always be empty and not show results. It’s a tough tradeoff for us.

But, here’s how you can insert screenshots with the results without leaving PowerPoint for Windows
    1. in PowerPoint, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the upper right
    2. then click the arrow icon at the bottom of the Insert button
    3. select Screenshot
    4. click the checkbox for the polls you want to get screenshots for
    5. then click Insert Screenshot

That will insert separate powerpoint slides with screenshots for the selected polls. You may then move those to the desired spot in your deck before sharing.

18. Hybrid multiple choice / free text question type

It would be helpful to have a hybrid multiple choice / free text questions type. E.g. Have 3 multiple choice options and an "Other" free text field

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Re the "empty the poll" button

1. The button for emptying the poll is right next to the one for locking
    the poll. When I lock the poll I am usually in a hurry (like in a
    class), and I made a mistake hitting the wrong button (and the buttons
    look similar enough when the instructor is in a hurry). I think it would
    be best for the emptying button to be in a separate place (like at the
    bottom where the recycle bin is usually located).

2. If emptying the poll is undoable (until saved?), that would be a
    great feature to have, I think.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow hyperlink open on a poll

I wish there is a way to allow live link on a poll page. For example, a instructor wants a student to read an article/watch a video on their own devices. He can create a poll with the link embedded. Currently, I can type in the link in the question or answer box, but the link is deal.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Does the instructor want the students to read the article before they reply to the poll or after?

If it’s before, we’ll need to build something to support this. I’m a little worried if there are any security implications where someone could post a malicious link and I’d need to speak with some of our legal/security folks to make sure that’s okay.

Otherwise, if the link should be shown after the students reply → we can do that today with our Custom Reply Message. This shows a small notification after the reply has been sent and you can paste a clickable link here.

For details on the custom reply message: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/response-settings/custom-reply-message

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base