Ideas

1. Display deviation and mean on slides

functionality to display aggregate information, such as deviation or mean, on the poll slide.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. re-order questions

This is particularly important for me as I use the iOS app during class. I am surprised there isn't a feature to re-order my questions in my groups so that when I arrow at the top to scroll from poll to poll, they appear on my screen in the correct order as they are show on the board in the classroom so that I can manage the poll live rather than have to go back to the main page and select the question from the list again (maybe this is already capable and I haven't been able to figure it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow group members to clear response data

In academic uses of Poll Everywhere, a lot of instructors have teaching assistants who help them to collaborate and share polls. We use the "groups" feature for this but one thing that TAs do not have access to do with grouped polls that they did not create is clear response data. This would be a great setting, for example, "Allow group members to clear response data for this poll" to enable for groups.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I understand completely. Yes. These sorts of Permissions and Collaboration features are really important and can also get complicated for us. The largest issue is just that it varies from presenter to presenter as to whether they want to allow others to do things like Clear Results.

For now, we are defaulting to prevent other users on the account from clearing or performing any other permanent/destructive actions on another person’s polls.

We have a few different initiatives in progress that should hopefully begin to address these sorts of issues, however introducing a more complex permissions system is a long project for us.

So, please stay tuned and thank you very much for the suggestion! We appreciate it and will do our best to post here and keep you all updated as we build more toward a multi-user and collaborative world.

4. Build in the essential function of peer-instruction--partnering students with people who have different answers. There is substantial work t

Build in the essential function of peer-instruction pedagogy-partnering students with people who have different responses. There is substantial empirical evidence in research that supports peer instruction pedagogy--when students are not given the answer but have to work it out with someone who might think differently from them. It improves depth and transfer of learning.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am wondering if I can make a shape(ex. animal, tree...) with the keywords from the participants in Word Cloud function.

Since I saw Pollev, It changed the way I survey.
    My name is Hwain Moon from Korea and I work for a pharmaceutical company.
    I use pollev's word cloud function to get doctors' idea on our product. To tell the truth I am 90% satisfied with the service now.
    But I am wondering if I can make a shape(ex. animal, tree...) with the keywords from the participants in Word Cloud function.
    Best regards,
    Hwain Moon

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Choose layout on questions

I need the students to pick one or more images on a page. E.g. "Who, of these persons, have a criminal record". The questions MUST NOT be placed in a long column, but side by side + displayed in random.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Ranking Polls to have option to show correct answer

We would like to have participants rank the options based on what they think is the answer and then have the ability to show them the correct ranking order next to their answers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Same function but for Open Office

another common office program

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Participants able to change answers to all questions during a live presentation

Participants able to change answers (including open ended comments) to all questions during a live presentation AND not just the particular question being presented at the time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Splitting of single competition

Is it possible to split a single competition into two or three across the presentation, and then the final leaderboard we get, is updated to collate the score of all?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Backup

I now have hundreds of polls, representing many hours of work over five years. I would like to be able to make a backup for myself, in case something gets lost online, either because of my own user error or your system's.
    Is there any way to do this, other than somehow creating a "report" for all poll questions?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. K-12 Free vs. Premium

I think it's an oversight that the number of respondents per poll is the same (40) for both the k-12 free and premium accounts. What's the point of upgrading if I can't also increase the number of respondents? Sure, the size of 40 works well for a single class, but what about having an entire GRADE respond to the same poll at the same time to record accurate data? If the number of respondents increases for the Business & Non-profit plans (25, 50, 100, etc.), then why can't this increase also be applied to the K-12 plans? Upping the premium…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scale & 100 point questions

I had to go with www.mentimeter.com for a conference due to not having the question types of scales and 100 points. You guys should check those 2 types out and add them to poll everywhere.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Move the previous and next buttons slightly so that they do not block the total results tally.

A great way to use poll everywhere on a very quick basis is to split the screen and have images or questions open in one app and have the poll everywhere open in a second window. However, unless you are in full screen mode, the previous and next buttons block the total number so you can see when your audience has completed the survey. This ought to be an easy fix.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give access only to the attending students.

It would be great if only the attending students can response to the active survey or quiz. If a student is registered in the class, he still can take the survey even though he is not attending the class. This feature will be very helpful in taking the class attendance. I would recommend having an access code for each survey displayed on the board. Attending students only can see it and type it in to access the survey. This feature can be added to the survey setting, such as Restrict to participants with access code only.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve discussed a few different ways we might do this. I’d like to ask if this would work for you:

If the title of the question is not displayed on the mobile device, so the only was a student could know what you are asking is if they can see the chart, would that be sufficient for you?

It isn’t fool proof, but we’re a little hesitant to add in the complexity to reply that it takes to enter a long, rotating code. There’s just a balance we’re trying to strike between ease of replying and preventing any cheating.

16. Edit order of groups in the Participants screen

I'd like to change the ordering of the groups listed on the right side of the Participants screen. Possibly drag them up or down after clicking on the Edit button.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually have never heard of this before, but you are 100% right we do not currently have a way to reorder or customize those at all right now.

We’re generally trying to move away from drag and drop within the application to better support Tablets and mobile devices. However, I will bring up reordering the list for future enhancements to that page.

Thanks again!

17. Adding a feature that allows participants to notified when they are to answer a poll question.

dding a feature that allows participants to notified when they are to answer a poll question. This could be something like a push notification on the app or an email alert when using the website.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This could be possible for us to do with our downloadable mobile application, but gets very tricky for participants that are just using a web browser or text messaging to reply. We’ve also been very hesitant to cause any notification that might cause “buzzing” or other sounds in a large auditorium as it might be very distracting, although I believe there are some ways around that.

Are most of your participants using the downloadable app or are you looking for something more?

Thanks for the feedback!

18. Provide options for uploading grades to Canvas LMS

When I export grades to Canvas, I'd like some options (checkboxes) to decide what to export. E.g., If I select a group of polls, I would like to send just the participation percent; or a total points for the polls. Often I don't want individual polls in the gradebook, just a score for the day.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Polls embedded in PowerPoint should save final results

When I have multiple polls in PowerPoint, after the presentation is done, the results of the last active poll are saved on a slide - because that poll is still considered active. I'd like all the results collected during the presentation to be saved on the slide for each poll so that when I distribute the presentation the static results are show. Simply doing whatever you do with the active poll when the presentation is closed should be applied to the inactive polls too.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

We do have a way to insert a screenshot with the results into PowerPoint. That would be my recommendation for right now. The tricky part for us is that many presenters like to reuse their decks and they want to have the poll slides always be empty and not show results. It’s a tough tradeoff for us.

But, here’s how you can insert screenshots with the results without leaving PowerPoint for Windows
    1. in PowerPoint, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the upper right
    2. then click the arrow icon at the bottom of the Insert button
    3. select Screenshot
    4. click the checkbox for the polls you want to get screenshots for
    5. then click Insert Screenshot

That will insert separate powerpoint slides with screenshots for the selected polls. You may then move those to the desired spot in your deck before sharing.

20. Sub-users can be a member of multiple groups

Hi there,
    We would like it if sub-users can be a part of more than one group. We have some faculty who teach graduate and undergraduate classes, and need to copy polls from other undergrad and graduate faculty. Currently users can only be a part of one group. Can you please change this so that users can be a part of multiple groups simultaneously?

Thanks,
    Kevin

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we are seriously considering. We are looking into a lot of different options to handle roles, permissions, and team structures within the application for our larger customers. It is a pretty significant project and we’ve only just begun some initial user research into what this might take.

If you are interested in providing feedback for sharing/copying/collaborating on polls with other people at your organization → we plan on performing user interviews in early 2018. Send us an email to support@polleverywhere.com and we will add you to our interview candidate pool.

Otherwise, please feel free to share any specific cases or problems you’re seeing here. I’ll route them to our user research team

Thanks for the feedback!

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base