Ideas

1. Randomize assignment to two simultaneous polls

This might be difficult but, for polls among registered participants only, could you allow randomization of which person gets which poll?

If the instructor could then show both activities simultaneously on screen, we could run randomized trials within the group.

An example of simultaneous assignment of two polls is:

https://sites.tufts.edu/foodecon/2019/01/are-choices-predictable

but for that I had to do the polling outside of class. If we could do this live in class, we could develop more randomized experiments within the classroom.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display deviation and mean on slides

functionality to display aggregate information, such as deviation or mean, on the poll slide.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Numerical responses?

I think this is slightly different from an earlier post about numerical answers, where as I understand, one answer is the 'correct' answer.

I would like students to enter a numerical response to a question, e.g. 'What is your age?'. I would then like to be able to display the mean/median of the responses, and perhaps a histogram or even scattergram (if another numerical- or categorical-response question appears in the same survey to allow for comparison).
    My understanding is that this feature is still not available (i.e. a year after the original, similar discussion)?
    It would be great if this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. re-order questions

This is particularly important for me as I use the iOS app during class. I am surprised there isn't a feature to re-order my questions in my groups so that when I arrow at the top to scroll from poll to poll, they appear on my screen in the correct order as they are show on the board in the classroom so that I can manage the poll live rather than have to go back to the main page and select the question from the list again (maybe this is already capable and I haven't been able to figure it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Build in the essential function of peer-instruction--partnering students with people who have different answers. There is substantial work t

Build in the essential function of peer-instruction pedagogy-partnering students with people who have different responses. There is substantial empirical evidence in research that supports peer instruction pedagogy--when students are not given the answer but have to work it out with someone who might think differently from them. It improves depth and transfer of learning.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Competition - set up for over time, not just for one session

Can Competition be set up as a loop? This way we can put up the questions on a monitor and people who walk by can answer questions as they please and over time we can see the winner on the leaderboard.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am wondering if I can make a shape(ex. animal, tree...) with the keywords from the participants in Word Cloud function.

Since I saw Pollev, It changed the way I survey.
    My name is Hwain Moon from Korea and I work for a pharmaceutical company.
    I use pollev's word cloud function to get doctors' idea on our product. To tell the truth I am 90% satisfied with the service now.
    But I am wondering if I can make a shape(ex. animal, tree...) with the keywords from the participants in Word Cloud function.
    Best regards,
    Hwain Moon

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Choose layout on questions

I need the students to pick one or more images on a page. E.g. "Who, of these persons, have a criminal record". The questions MUST NOT be placed in a long column, but side by side + displayed in random.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Ranking Polls to have option to show correct answer

We would like to have participants rank the options based on what they think is the answer and then have the ability to show them the correct ranking order next to their answers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. convert from one type of poll to another, e.g. multiple choice to competitions. We would like to do this by using an existing poll and conve

convert from one type of poll to another, e.g. multiple choice to competitions. We would like to do this by using an existing poll and converting from one type to another

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Same function but for Open Office

another common office program

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Participants able to change answers to all questions during a live presentation

Participants able to change answers (including open ended comments) to all questions during a live presentation AND not just the particular question being presented at the time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Splitting of single competition

Is it possible to split a single competition into two or three across the presentation, and then the final leaderboard we get, is updated to collate the score of all?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Backup

I now have hundreds of polls, representing many hours of work over five years. I would like to be able to make a backup for myself, in case something gets lost online, either because of my own user error or your system's.
    Is there any way to do this, other than somehow creating a "report" for all poll questions?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CSV template to import questions for Competitions

I've had good success with Competitions already, but it would be nice if CSV template functionality was added for this category. It's a lot easier to create a poll that way.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customize the look and feel of the slides contained in a competition (just like the branded response pages)

Customize the look and feel of the slides contained in a competition (just like the branded response pages)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. K-12 Free vs. Premium

I think it's an oversight that the number of respondents per poll is the same (40) for both the k-12 free and premium accounts. What's the point of upgrading if I can't also increase the number of respondents? Sure, the size of 40 works well for a single class, but what about having an entire GRADE respond to the same poll at the same time to record accurate data? If the number of respondents increases for the Business & Non-profit plans (25, 50, 100, etc.), then why can't this increase also be applied to the K-12 plans? Upping the premium…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Move the previous and next buttons slightly so that they do not block the total results tally.

A great way to use poll everywhere on a very quick basis is to split the screen and have images or questions open in one app and have the poll everywhere open in a second window. However, unless you are in full screen mode, the previous and next buttons block the total number so you can see when your audience has completed the survey. This ought to be an easy fix.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Polling for ratings/probabilities on a 0-1 or 1-10 scale?

Many of the polls I would like to conduct with my class involve asking for a rating or a probability. I’m often looking for answers on a scale of 1 to 10 or on a scale of 0 to 100. I can approximate what I’m looking for by creating a multiple choice problem with different responses representing different ranges…but a point scale question type would be better.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give access only to the attending students.

It would be great if only the attending students can response to the active survey or quiz. If a student is registered in the class, he still can take the survey even though he is not attending the class. This feature will be very helpful in taking the class attendance. I would recommend having an access code for each survey displayed on the board. Attending students only can see it and type it in to access the survey. This feature can be added to the survey setting, such as Restrict to participants with access code only.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve discussed a few different ways we might do this. I’d like to ask if this would work for you:

If the title of the question is not displayed on the mobile device, so the only was a student could know what you are asking is if they can see the chart, would that be sufficient for you?

It isn’t fool proof, but we’re a little hesitant to add in the complexity to reply that it takes to enter a long, rotating code. There’s just a balance we’re trying to strike between ease of replying and preventing any cheating.

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base