Ideas

How can we improve Poll Everywhere?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add ability for admins to import open-ended & Q/A answers.

Allow admins to import open-ended answers given by participants in a previous poll. This will allow for more possibilities with the participants input and would save time on the backend where we would not need to manually resubmit all answers.

Alternatively, provide option when duplicating a poll, to also copy over existing answers. Furthermore, having the ability after said duplication, to change from "open-ended" to "Q & A".

Example use-case:
    -Participants submit questions to one open-ended poll throughout a weeklong event.
    -Attendees will be split into two groups on the final day, two different general sessions.
    -During each general session…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would be great to utilize the participant groups to designate specific polls, and/or generate reports for polls to identify groups.

this would help to exclusively limit responses to people who are registered for specific classes, and/or be able to vote during meetings attended by both voting and non-voting members.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Deafult Option for Everyone - No Restriction Vs Restricted to Registrants

Default Option on a profile to set each new question created to for Everyone - No Restriction Vs Restricted to Registrants and VV. Right now we have to set that for each question we create manually, but it would be great to be able to change the default Audience Restriction based on what Poll questions I'm trying to build or what audience, as not all audiences are students or users of Poll Everywhere.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve the visualization and understanding of the survey - Add Subtitles between the Questions

Improve the visualization and understanding of the survey - Add Subtitles between the Questions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it possible to use Poll Everywhere for regular surveys, like survey monkey.

I would rather have one platform for all surveys, instead of one for live surveys and one for traditional surveys. Why not add "survey money-like" functionality to Poll Everywhere?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Speeding up competitions (less clicks, more automation)

(1) If everyone answered the question it could be locked and (if selected) the timer doesn't have to count down any further. What are we waiting for?

(2) I would like to go to the 'correct answer page' automatically after the question is locked. By then we've seen it long enough. This could reduce another unnecessary click as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hide/show results in class

Some instructors would like to be able to hide the poll results from their students until the poll is complete but would like to see the results themselves in real time without having to use a second device for the mobile app..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Schedule Lock/Unlock to the minute

Currently, the Schedule Lock/Unlock feature only allows 5 minute increments. It would be nice to have this go to the minute. We want to set specific quizzes to be locked at 11:59pm and currently have to do 11:55 which is a problem

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need for seamless open ended polls

I really miss the opportunity to make a openended session (e.g. wordcloud) seamless.
    As it is now it is all to much of a mess to moderate incomming words. As I understand it I need an extra device to moderate "on the fly"?
    Why not make a sollution that one can make on the computer one uses anyway?
    I suggest split screens.
    br
    Ole S. Mikkelsen
    associate professor

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Simultaneous live polls or at least copy polls between accounts

My project team has multiple accounts because we sometimes need to have multiple live polls happening simultaneously, and PollEv doesn't support this from one account. Problem is that the polls are now located in multiple places making management of the polls and data tedious, and there isn't a way to duplicate polls from one account to another. There's got to be a better way.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Adding the time element to the Change Answer feature was a tricky decision for us, but was a response to issues we had where participants were interrupting presentations by deleting their responses at moments while the presenter was specifically addressing them.

I’ll bring this up for our design and engineering team and see what it might take to make that an editable setting. We just always try to strike a balance between simplicity and customization to keep things understandable.

12. Ranking, show percentage of selection

Ranking, show percentage of selection instead of just 1st, 2nd etc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Randomize assignment to two simultaneous polls

This might be difficult but, for polls among registered participants only, could you allow randomization of which person gets which poll?

If the instructor could then show both activities simultaneously on screen, we could run randomized trials within the group.

An example of simultaneous assignment of two polls is:

https://sites.tufts.edu/foodecon/2019/01/are-choices-predictable

but for that I had to do the polling outside of class. If we could do this live in class, we could develop more randomized experiments within the classroom.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display deviation and mean on slides

functionality to display aggregate information, such as deviation or mean, on the poll slide.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. re-order questions

This is particularly important for me as I use the iOS app during class. I am surprised there isn't a feature to re-order my questions in my groups so that when I arrow at the top to scroll from poll to poll, they appear on my screen in the correct order as they are show on the board in the classroom so that I can manage the poll live rather than have to go back to the main page and select the question from the list again (maybe this is already capable and I haven't been able to figure it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Build in the essential function of peer-instruction--partnering students with people who have different answers. There is substantial work t

Build in the essential function of peer-instruction pedagogy-partnering students with people who have different responses. There is substantial empirical evidence in research that supports peer instruction pedagogy--when students are not given the answer but have to work it out with someone who might think differently from them. It improves depth and transfer of learning.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Competition - set up for over time, not just for one session

Can Competition be set up as a loop? This way we can put up the questions on a monitor and people who walk by can answer questions as they please and over time we can see the winner on the leaderboard.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am wondering if I can make a shape(ex. animal, tree...) with the keywords from the participants in Word Cloud function.

Since I saw Pollev, It changed the way I survey.
    My name is Hwain Moon from Korea and I work for a pharmaceutical company.
    I use pollev's word cloud function to get doctors' idea on our product. To tell the truth I am 90% satisfied with the service now.
    But I am wondering if I can make a shape(ex. animal, tree...) with the keywords from the participants in Word Cloud function.
    Best regards,
    Hwain Moon

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Choose layout on questions

I need the students to pick one or more images on a page. E.g. "Who, of these persons, have a criminal record". The questions MUST NOT be placed in a long column, but side by side + displayed in random.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Ranking Polls to have option to show correct answer

We would like to have participants rank the options based on what they think is the answer and then have the ability to show them the correct ranking order next to their answers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base