Skip to content

Ideas

66 results found

1. The Third-Party Assurance for International Polling

Since, many are left uncertain of the trustworthiness and validity of government polling, this polling system would—hopefully, and soon—be secure and credible enough from breaches, or tampering.

The single-vote, identification system, with a brief description (or a list of general information of the authenticated voter)—could help; along with creating an open forum, and categories with sub-categories for public voting of self-prioritizing topics/subjects/concerns (based on quantitative value) that the people would like to address. There could be a top 10, 20, 30, list column on the side-panel, and maybe an option for a small chatroom with a user-appropriate language-filter integrated for…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sharing presentations with LiveSlides without installing add-in

Hey there,

I have downloaded the LiveSlides Add-in and I'm loving it, but I was wondering if you have any plans on developing this so that we can share presentations that include LiveSlides.

We use PPT to develop systems training. I have interactive HTML5 videos that we use as demos. Right now the trainers have to open a browser to view the video, then view in full screen mode before playing. Your add-in takes away some unnecessary steps.

We would need to be able to share these presentations without installing the plugin. We sometimes share with trainees, or we often…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, I’m glad that we’re able to help save you some time, unfortunately there isn’t really a way to share presentations without installing our add-in right now.

The API that we are using with Microsoft Office requires installation for security purposes. In the long-run as Office 365 becomes more and more widespread and settled, we might be able to do this with the Office 365 App Store. But, until that is settled and more widespread, we plan on continuing our current architecture so we can support all versions of PowerPoint from the last few years.

I’ll mention this to the team though and see if our engineers can think of any possible workarounds

3. Clapping

A clapometer

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ahh, yup I understand the desire. We tried this back in the day with our short lived Dial Test. It just really did not work out for us. It isn’t what we do.

If you are interested in some real-time and general feedback we recommend either an Open Ended Poll to get some comments and feedback or a Multiple Choice Poll with a few simple answer choices to see how the audience is doing.

4. A new real-time voting system for the people—to reach our elected representatives when we need an immediate consensus with political topics.

I believe that the poll activity should be categorized into at least three groups within different domains. One for students and teachers, one for businesses and presenters, and also those who would like to vote on an international scale. So you have a public and private voting system. The private domain could have the individual’s name, but the public can permit the name of validated organizations, and also include the feature of searching for public polls to vote upon to network entire communities, organizations, and nations. This polling system has the potential to integrate a wider spectrum of audiences and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Do not randomize a ranked poll

Do not randomize a ranked poll

I would like to create a poll where an initial ranking is given, so that the participants can change it instead of starting from scratch.
    Especially with a large set of answer options (around 20) a sensible starting point makes things easier.

So it would be helpful if a ranking poll could be configured so that it does not randomize the items.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, I can certainly understand your situation. That makes a lot of sense for you. Unfortunately, we very hesitant to add the complexity handle randomized and not. We wanted to prevent biasing the responses to any particular order when we built the feature.

And, we’re worried about the cost to maintain both. My only suggestion for you would be to try our Q&A poll. You could seed some responses to this poll in the order that you want and then let your audience up or downvote the replies. It’s not exact either, but it is often easier when you are dealing with a large set or replies like you are.

6. Alpha Input vs. Numeric Input for CODES

If it were possible to have the system auto generate alpha strings (rather than numeric ones), students wouldn't have to switch their phones into numeric mode, e.g. 123, which could save them as many as 2 clicks per transaction, and would speed up the process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Clickable images with different pin color for different person voting.

Clickable images with different pin color for different person voting

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve actually spoken about this a little bit in the past around the office. It just comes up from time to time. Unfortunately, it’s very important for us to build features with the ability to scale because we also have many people who can use our polls for hundreds, thousands, or even tens of thousands of people. And, there just aren’t enough colors for it.

Thank you for the request! We appreciate the ideas coming in.

8. App for Windows Phone

I have downloaded the iOS app and found it to be very good, easy to use, simple, straightforward.

However, not everyone has an iPhone (or an Android), my current clients have all been issued Windows phones. I don't know how much market Windows has in phones (probably not much) but having tested the Poll Everywhere experience through texting, I have to say that the app is better. If there was an app for Windows, I would strongly recommend to my clients that they use that instead.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Correlate responses after anonymous setting?

A survey I created was originally set to anonymous. However, following the responses received, a colleague wanted the results correlated by attendees. Is there anyway to re-identify without creating a new poll?

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, there is no way to correlate the responses to anonymous questions and we do this intentionally.

When we say “Anonymous” we mean anonymous. If you have a question earlier in the presentation/survey that is identifiable such as “what is your name” and we correlate an anonymous response with this, then we are no longer anonymous. There’s just too many dangers and ways it could be abused and we owe our company’s success on both the Presenter and the Participant. Both must be protected. It’s the American Way.

So, while we understand where you and your colleague are coming from and you probably have only the best intentions, we just can’t rely on it.

Let us know if there’s anything else though! We appreciate the feedback and ideas

10. Response/non-response recorded in anonymous

Record response/non-response for Anonymous answers. There's one bit of information about each participant in anonymous responses that's needed: Did they answer or not? This way participants can get credit for participating.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We went back and for on this for a long while. And, the answer is NO. Sorry

When we say “Anonymous” we mean anonymous. If you have 100 folks and 99 respond, we are not going to have anyone identify the one person who didn’t. There’s just too many dangers and ways it could be abused and we owe our company’s success on both the Presenter and the Participant. Both must be protected. It’s the American Way.

For any poll where you want to give credit to people responding, we recommend using Registered Participants Only and to not use Anonymous mode. I hope everyone understands where we’re coming from.

11. Change wording from anonymous to confidential

Requesting feature on behalf of Alex Hill (akhill@uw.edu). He shared that anonymous isn't really the correct terminology since once a poll is set to "make responses anonymous," we keep a record of the responses in our database. The wording should be changed to confidential instead.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, our anonymous functionality is pretty anonymous. It’s completely anonymous for the presenter or the person who created the poll and we will not give out your information even when asked as per our terms of service.

Furthermore, even if you are a fully registered participant → anonymous responses are stored differently in our database, specifically they are not directly tied to your participant record. So, while one of our engineers could tie a response back to a registered participant or phone number (if you replied by text message) this is only possible for 90 days. And, it takes a bit off effort on our side. So, even I or one of our customer support representatives would not be able to identify you.

Basically, we would only go through the effort of these database queries if the police requests us to.

I agree that “confidential” is slightly more accurate. Those…

12. Ability to Modify Corner Colors in LiveSlides

It would be really great if you could change the colors of the three boxes in all four corners of the LiveSlides placeholder images. That would give corporate PPT users the ability to match their corporate branding color requirements. Huge user benefit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we actually use those colors to help determine where to display the poll with our PowerPoint integration for Mac. So, we really do need the colors of those 4 squares set.

That said, we do have some changes coming out in a month or two (hopefully sometime in November) that will make those boxes much less intrusive. They will be smaller and will be grey and black instead of the blues they are today. Hopefully, this will solve the most intrusive issues for the placeholder images.

13. music

add music or songs while participants making their choice

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has come up a few times in the past and we definitely understand the desire to have something to fill up the time it takes for the participants to reply. But, we just cannot commit to the cost it takes to support audio. There’s a lot of unknowns there and we do not want to take the blame if the audio is screeching load, starts skipping, or any of the other things that can happen with audio.

We recommend just setting up a sound bite you can manually control. But, we’ll let you know if we change our minds!

Thanks for the suggestion

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

I understand the desire for this and it would be really convenient, however this is something that we just cannot do. Overriding the standard internet browser or slideware behavior and shortcuts is really dangerous and can cause a lot of bugs, as well as hurting our accessibility standards.

15. Have a QR code for each poll,

In addition to poll web link, add a QR code somewhere on the poll page. In this case the respondents can choose to directly scan the QR code and go to the poll instead of typing in the web address themselves. A QR code for downloading the poll everywhere app may be added as well, for promoting purpose of course.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. register/certify user via text message

It would be great if users could register or confirm their identity via text message.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. PO purchase option

I just worked to get permission to pilot your services this year, but my school can't purchase with credit cards or reimburse me for purchases. Since you don't take PO's for less than $500, I am going to find another method to pilot for formative assessment. I just wanted to give you feedback for future policy planning. Bummer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I understand. It’s like relationships…we’ve just been burned before.

This is one of the reasons we offer a free version of our service that has no time limit (although their is a limit to the maximum number of responses). You can sign up and test out all of our basic features here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/signup

Otherwise, please contact Sales@PollEverywhere.com – we try to stay flexible for any pilot programs.

For Purchase Order Info check out this page: https://www.polleverywhere.com/purchase-order

18. Undo button.

Please have an undo button so you can reverse delete actions.

Regards,
    Shannon Hogan

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Jeopardy option

I love polleverywhere. I use it all the time. I have a paid subscription. can I print this report ? when I print, it prints only 2 pages even though it has many pages. It would be nice if I can save it into a pdf format. Can I dowload the info to word or excel?

Could you include the option where poll should close as soon as 1st person answers like in Jeopardy & it should show the name of the person who answered? I know you might be thinking I am asking for too much.

I can insert…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not have an integrated way to print our reports to a PDF just yet, but we do plan on building this. In the meantime, you can print the reports with your browser or computer itself. Here’s how:

1.Right click on the report.
    2.Click “print”
    3.Then under Destinations click “change”
    4.Under Local Destinations select “Save as PDF

Otherwise, we do have a way to export the polls to .CSV (Excel). You can see the details for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/153772-can-i-get-the-results-of-my-poll-in-a-spreadsheet

Finally, we do have a full PowerPoint integration for Mac. You can see the details for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/487574-mac-how-do-i-insert-or-embed-my-polls-in-powerpo

Please feel free to reach out to us for specific questions at support@polleverywhere.com

20. Making Directions Plain and Simple

Fix the directions on the Polling screen. I use poll everywhere during conferences and everyone is always confused by the directions for texting. Its wordy and backwards.

Can you make it simple:
    TEXT: 12453

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do get this request from time to time. And, I promise we understand. But, there’s some reasons for this. One of the reasons for the wordiness is that we want to draw the eye of the participant to the instructions and shorter phrases can have people miss it. Another reason is when we were founded this is how SMS worked! Back in 2009 you had to enter the body of the message and then the number. And, while this convention is mostly gone it is dangerous to change such an integral part of how we work. In short, there’s a legacy for it.

There are a few recommendations I always give to folks who do not like our instructions. First, a reassurance that most concerns are handled by the presenter verbally describing the process in much more detail that we can do in writing. Next, if you are using…

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base