Skip to content

Ideas

237 results found

1. Create teams

For the competitions, could participates select a team they would like to be a part of, or better yet, could I assign participants to specific teams for competitions.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Edit order of groups in the Participants screen

I'd like to change the ordering of the groups listed on the right side of the Participants screen. Possibly drag them up or down after clicking on the Edit button.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually have never heard of this before, but you are 100% right we do not currently have a way to reorder or customize those at all right now.

We’re generally trying to move away from drag and drop within the application to better support Tablets and mobile devices. However, I will bring up reordering the list for future enhancements to that page.

Thanks again!

3. Allow group members to clear response data

In academic uses of Poll Everywhere, a lot of instructors have teaching assistants who help them to collaborate and share polls. We use the "groups" feature for this but one thing that TAs do not have access to do with grouped polls that they did not create is clear response data. This would be a great setting, for example, "Allow group members to clear response data for this poll" to enable for groups.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I understand completely. Yes. These sorts of Permissions and Collaboration features are really important and can also get complicated for us. The largest issue is just that it varies from presenter to presenter as to whether they want to allow others to do things like Clear Results.

For now, we are defaulting to prevent other users on the account from clearing or performing any other permanent/destructive actions on another person’s polls.

We have a few different initiatives in progress that should hopefully begin to address these sorts of issues, however introducing a more complex permissions system is a long project for us.

So, please stay tuned and thank you very much for the suggestion! We appreciate it and will do our best to post here and keep you all updated as we build more toward a multi-user and collaborative world.

4. Could we go back to the icon feature instead of labels on the right side of ppt presentation?

Icon is cleaner. Label tends to cover the contents on the power point.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been keeping a close eye for feedback on this change. We have generally seen that most people appear to be reassured with the labels as the icons weren’t always as clear for folks.

That said, I definitely understand the desire to not cover up the chart more. We definitely plan on more tweaks to those labels/buttons in the near future to be a cleaner and more beautiful experience.

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate it

5. You should explore allowing multiple account template polls

We are a big company and have two sectors within the same account. We would like to have two poll templates: one per sector

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea! We are actively doing some initial research into different ways to expand and improve our template poll feature. It’s great to hear these sorts of requests.

We are looking into this right now, however it is still very early for us to say exactly how we will implement these improvements. We’ll post here as the project moves along.

Thanks for the idea!

6. Editing participant poll answers as a presenter.

Possible way for presenters to edit participant's poll answers? Often times, participants request a change of Poll answers simply because they selected the incorrect answer for a graded poll or they had technical difficulties trying to access the Poll. I was just wondering if there's already a feature implemented where the presenter can go in and change the participant's answer or even manually enter in a participant's answer.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not have a way to do this right now. I definitely understand the situation when a participant has legitimate issues and should get a correct score.

Longer term, I expect that we will create something like this. However, there are some implications around potential cheating and data ownership that just makes it trickier to implement. Mostly this is around editing open ended responses where a bad actor could abuse Poll Everywhere to get a participant in trouble by editing their responses.

We might be able to do something to edit points/correctness from our reports. Otherwise, for now, I recommend making any necessary edits from wherever you are storing the grades long term.

Thanks for the idea!

7. Ability to adjust Fonts, etc within the multiple choice options

Would like the ability to adjust fonts, colors, size, underline, etc in the multiple choice options. This would be useful in grammar type questions, when we want people to notice the differences in the multiple choice options.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a workaround that I might suggest, let me know if this could work for you.

Our polls support LaTeX which is typically used by math or science professors to give equations. However, LaTeX also supports way to underline, bold, italicize etc… text in general.

You can see a bit how it works here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/power-users/latex

And, I usually recommend this website for examples around LaTeX (there’s a whole section on the formatting you’re describing): https://www.sharelatex.com/learn

Would that work for you?

8. Unlink title font size from logo size

It's great that I can upload a logo to a slide, but if I want to change the size of the logo to be small and unobtrusive, I have to also change the size of the font. So either I have a logo the size I want, but small title text, or the font size I want with a big ol' logo image. It would be nice if the logo size and font size weren't linked.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry about the trouble you’ve had with the text sizing. I can empathize with you entirely. Text sizing is just one of those subtly tricky things.

We’ve had this request before and it is something we’ll definitely look into how we can accomplish. There are some workarounds that you can do with the image itself that you are uploading as a logo. Where we can add some “whitespace” around it to appropriately size. However, that is a somewhat tedious process.

Another thing that I’ve seen done as a workaround is to upload a Background Image with your logo in the corner and the rest just a white background. That can sometimes cause text to cover the logo but with proper placement and spacing/alignment you can maneuver around that.

Thank you for the suggestion and bringing this up. We’ll post here as we make progress on these sorts of customization…

9. When I advance past an embedded poll in PowerPoint, deactivate the poll

Basically what the title says - it's really slick that a poll activates as soon as I move to its slide in PowerPoint, but when I advance to the next slide after the poll, the poll remains active and people may still be responding. I'd like to see it where it's only active while the poll's slide is being presented.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a tough one. We’ve had a couple other folks ask for this as well. There’s a couple reasons we’ve been reluctant to make this change
    - first, we really want to make sure that the audience is able to reply. Getting that feedback is the core part of our service so we try to be more lenient in that direction vs. harder time restrictions
    - second, it’s fairly common (and easy) for presenters to accidentally skip forward a slide and then go back. And, we don’t want to

Those are the two big ones. We could add a toggle to switch whether we default to de-activate when you leave a poll slide. However, it’s a lot more complexity and a bit risky for us to maintain two different versions for how Activation works since it is such a core part of our entire workflow.

So, it’s certainly not…

10. Ability to log me out on all devices

If I log in on someone elses device - whether in the browser, PowerPoint, etc. - and forget to log out, I'd like the ability to log myself out of anywhere I'm logged in. This would improve data privacy/security as I could remove access to see my polls, and ensure that others aren't using my login for their own purposes.

This would be similar to Spotify's "Log out of everywhere" option, or Google's "Log out of all sessions" ability.

example: https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/account_basics/can-i-sign-out-of-my-account-if-im-signed-in-on-another-device/

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatically insert replies from one poll to a new one in a presentation

It would be great to have the possibillity to take the answers from one poll directly into another poll/question during a presentation, without having to take a break in the presentation to do this manually.
    Specifically, I have been hoping to first start out with a word cloud, and then directly switch over to another question (e.g. rank order, multiple choice or upvote) where the respondents can vote on the words reported in from the previous question (hence the replies on the first question is seamlessly added into the second).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is tricky for us to do. I love the idea, but it’s subtly very hard to cover all of our edge cases.

Have you tried our Q&A Poll before? It’s not going to give you the exact same behavior but it hits a similar need. That poll type allows your audience to reply with open ended responses and up/downvote those responses as well.

Is that sufficient for you? You can read a bit about our Q&A polls here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/question-and-answer-brainstorm

12. Allow the poll timer to activate when using the mobile app.

For many reasons, I do not embed the poll questions in my presentation, but prefer to "push" the poll questions to the audience while showing a different presentation slide. With the embedded poll slides/desktop version, the timer for a question will activate and then lock the poll. However, when the mobile app is used, the timer for the poll will not activate. It would be nice to either have it activate the timer or give a timer start option within the mobile app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Insert video or url in the surveys or activities

Insert video or URL in the surveys or activities

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea. Would you expect the video to load and display for your audience on their mobile devices? Or, is it more just to be able for them to link to another website?

There are a few security concerns because there is always some risk to linking or loading other websites but it’s a fun idea

14. Gradebook Reports Enhancements

For grading, reports are very limited currently. Here are some crucial features that are badly needed, in particular for cvs download.

Include information of what group the poll was part of.

Include information of when the poll was administered.

Be able to control the order of polls (columns), especially chronologically when the polls were administered.

Be able to group polls in sessions.

Use case:
    Every class I give three polls. My students get one point per poll up to a possible total of 3. They also get one attendance point if they answered at least one of the polls (no…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can definitely understand the frustration here. Our Gradebook reports were mostly designed to be exported into an LMS (Blackboard, Canvas etc..). It does break down a bit when you are looking at a larger number of polls, especially across multiple groups or multiple courses.

One thing that I would recommend is to instead use our Response Pivot Table Report and export that to CSV. That will include the group title, several timestamps of the responses, and more. It isn’t ideal, but would be my best suggestion for now.

15. Q&A enhancement

Add the option for a Customisable Question with a User Drop Down box options before continuing on to the page to write your Q&A, This would allow us to continue as anonymous, yet have a group identifier that allows us to tailor the response in a live Q&A. The example I have is to be able to identify the market / location where the question is being asked from. This would then be displayed in a new column during a live Q&A so that you can sort by market first, and votes second, so that each population has questions answered.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Placeholder slide: rather than random shot - just have title portion. That way, won’t ‘glitch’ while waiting for server connection

Currently the slide you’ll see in slide deck of PowerPoint is apparently randomly generated, sometimes capturing a chart with answer from previously run poll ( the last time you presented the deck live). This leads to cumbersome need to pull out the poll everywhere slides and reinsert them fresh each time you give the talk. Or else will risk a glitchy presentation and slide deck that has answers revealed from last presentation. The ‘placeholder slides’ poll everywhere uses do not update - they are truly just ‘placeholders’. The best solution is for those placeholders to be ‘clean’ and unrevealing of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! That’s really interesting to hear. We had a lot of discussions about whether to show or hide the results on the placeholder images. It was tough to try and decide.

I’ve shared this with our team and we’ll be checking in with other customers if they have a preference as well.

17. Polls embedded in PowerPoint should save final results

When I have multiple polls in PowerPoint, after the presentation is done, the results of the last active poll are saved on a slide - because that poll is still considered active. I'd like all the results collected during the presentation to be saved on the slide for each poll so that when I distribute the presentation the static results are show. Simply doing whatever you do with the active poll when the presentation is closed should be applied to the inactive polls too.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

We do have a way to insert a screenshot with the results into PowerPoint. That would be my recommendation for right now. The tricky part for us is that many presenters like to reuse their decks and they want to have the poll slides always be empty and not show results. It’s a tough tradeoff for us.

But, here’s how you can insert screenshots with the results without leaving PowerPoint for Windows
    1. in PowerPoint, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the upper right
    2. then click the arrow icon at the bottom of the Insert button
    3. select Screenshot
    4. click the checkbox for the polls you want to get screenshots for
    5. then click Insert Screenshot

That will insert separate powerpoint slides with screenshots for the selected polls. You may then move those to the desired spot in your deck before sharing.

18. Reverse display order for open-ended responses

We use open-ended responses to collect questions for executive town halls. It would be great if we could reverse the order and new responses/questions would be added at the bottom instead of the top.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow presenting slides on iOS that were created on a PC/mac

Right now the only way to present a poll on the iOS version of PowerPoint is to create the poll on iOS.

Per your support article, "Only polls created on the iPad will work in PowerPoint for iPad. This means if you’re copying over a presentation to the iPad, you will need to re-create all of its polls."

This seems like a gigantic oversight in functionality, or at least in letting users know about it. Presenting on iPad is one thing, authoring on it is another very different matter.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We made some recent changes to our Office 365 integration (which is the version of Office used on iOS). These changes will let you log into your Poll Everywhere account and insert polls that you created previously. So, you do not need to “recreate” poll questions, but you will need to reinsert them into your PowerPoint presentation.

Office 365 for iPad works on a completely different architecture than our desktop PowerPoint app, so the two are not interchangeable for now.

That said, there is a way to do this but it means using the Office 365 App from the get go. If you have Office 365 on your desktop, you can create the poll questions from our Office 365 App and then open the deck on your iPad. Here’s a bit how:

1. open PowerPoint on your desktop
    2. click Insert → Add-ins → store → find the Poll Everywhere…

20. Voters count rather that votes count

I often allow voters to vote for more than one item. When I do so, I can see how many votes have been cast, but not how many people have voted. I want to be able to see the latter, because I want to know when most people have cast a vote. This is impossible to tell from the tally of votes, since some people cast multiple votes

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll bring it up to our engineers. I know this is a bit trickier for us to do than simply changing a visual setting because we have to securely pass the participant data back to the poll. This is especially difficult for our Anonymous polls. As well as keeping it crystal clear to people what we are counting. Last thing we want is to confuse folks who see that the number of responses and the count don’t match up.

But, I can certainly understand the desire here.

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base