Skip to content

Ideas

237 results found

1. Ability to change placement and size of timer and responses

I would like like to be able to move the timer to a different position on the screen, and have it be larger.

Same with the amount of responses, it is too small to really be noticed from the tests that I have done (maybe I haven't found the right setting for it?)

Also, I would like a way to trigger the timer without having to go on screen with the mouse to start/stop/reset it. As an example, sometimes the questions need to be explained or the host is reading them out loud. By the time that's done, the timer…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Keynote for iOS Integration

I'm increasingly doing presentations in keynote on my iPhone with a HDMI output. I'd really like to be able to use poll everywhere in this setup. Shame it doesn't seem possible.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, unfortunately Apple just doesn’t really make this possible for us right now. We are able to integrate with the PowerPoint iOS app by using the Office 365 Store which is a built-in app store for PowerPoint, however Apple’s Keynote does not have a similar store.

Until they release something like that or offer a public API we can build an integration off of, it just is not feasible for us. We’ll jump on the train once it’s possible.

In the meantime, I would recommend either presenting with our Mac App with Keynote on your macbook, or you can use our Office 365 integration on your iPhone

https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104218073&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&clickedfilter=OfficeProductFilter%3APowerPoint&productgroup=PowerPoint&homprd=PowerPoint&sourcecorrid=1b0056ee-27f5-4ee3-9c08-47f1f79f1ffe&homappcat=Education&homapppos=2&homchv=0&appredirect=false

3. I would like to suggest a way to make the poll when inserted into a Power Point transparent so you can still see the Power Point background.

I would like to suggest a way to make the poll when inserted into a Power Point transparent so you can still see the Power Point background.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure if this will be possible for how we currently implement our powerpoint integration. We currently use some parts of that image to determine the size and placement of our poll on the slide.

May I ask, why do you want your audience to see the whole background? If it is to match your branding and slide template > would it work if we are able to match your slide template and set that as the background for our poll?

Otherwise, if you are trying to show an image or something else on the same slide as our poll > you can resize the placeholder image to show part of the slide

4. Engaging Onscreen Results

More attractive/engaging output, for example, I get a more engaged audience response when I use UMU.com vs. PollEverywhere.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Sales Team does offer some custom branding for folks who want to host our web response page on your own URL and branding. Otherwise, we are looking at some ways to make this sort of branding initiative available on our retail plans to let you host our poll slides on your own web domain. But, for now it requires some custom effort either from us or your own developers. We’re happy to work with you to get it working though!

Thanks for the idea

Best,
    Brian – Product Manager of Poll Everywhere

5. Ability to resize custom clickable image polls

The polling space is way larger than the custom image that I want to use, so it would be helpful if I were able to resize the image once I upload.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is the clickable image poll too large when you are displaying the image on your projector/big screen or is it too large when displayed on your participant’s cell phones?

Currently, we try to auto-size the images to fit the space as large as possible by default. One potential workaround you might try is to use an image editor like Microsoft Paint and actually include some white space as a border around the image.

6. Rank by numbers

Have the ability to rank poll by numbers instead of drag and drop

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you thinking about entering allowing the participants to distribute say 10 or 100 “votes” amongst a few different answer choices as free response? Or, maybe just typing in 1st, 2nd, 3rd… instead of drag/drop?

There are a lot of different ways to do a ranking poll. We have a few ideas for how to implement each type, so it’d be great to get an idea of what you are interested in.

Thanks for the feedback!

7. Q&A poll- Disable voting until later

Idea summited from Craig Smith to create a feature for Q&A poll so moderator can to disable the voting and turn it on when all of the ideas / items have been generated

Craig says this is good practice when doing idea generation is to generate ideas THEN vote on them. It's really hard with large groups to get them to stay away from the voting buttons during the idea generation phase.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reverse date option for the polls listed in "my polls"

I use poll everywhere in teaching and so I am creating new polls several times a week. If the "order by date" had the option of putting the most recent at the top, it would greatly facilitate finding the newest polls for editing or other functions. I find it slow and tedious to scroll to the bottom everytime I use this list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Clickable image poll result: Summary image

Clickable image poll result: Summary image
    Current Clickable Image poll results can be displayed two ways: (1) All the received clicks posted onto the image; (2) Tally of clicks that landed in defined Clickable Regions.
    Suggested addition: For polls where the key information is the coordinates - not any clickable regions - calculate a centroid - i.e. an average position of all the clicks, and show that on the same Results figure along with all the individual clicks. In some cases that would be pretty useful. The average coordinates could also be shown. Even better would be that centroid point,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Clickable image coordinate definition

Clickable image poll: Precisely define graph extent and "0" position.
    The current reporting on Clickable Image is in terms of "% of full extent of the total uploaded image". This method would work well for capturing quantitative data based on a graph (an image of a graph),

but only if <
    three points on the graph image could be precisely defined (in terms of screen position) by the user: (0,0), (0,100%), and (100%,0). Then, the reported percentages would mean something more directly usable.
    Suggestion: Offer this capability from the "Edit" screen that shows the uploaded image at the largest scale.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Is there a way to show a count of all responses that are the same in open ended polls or word clouds?

I love the open ended feature in my classes and the word cloud visualization as well. It would be nice though if we could see the actual count of how many people responded with the same answer. For instance, if I put a definition up in my lecture, it'd be great to have a count of how many people answered correctly. Obviously, right now I'm just using a multiple choice question, but sometimes I'd prefer to see if they can remember without the right answer up there to cue their memory.
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give participant feedback on the correctness of their answer

Would like for my students to receive a message about whether or not their response was correct for graded responses.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All of our paid education plans come with a feature called Custom Reply Message. This can be used to send your students an automatic message after they’ve submitted their response. It won’t automatically determine if they chose the correct answer, but you can set it up like this:

“You chose choice The correct answer was A”

Do you think this would work for you?

Other than that, students can check their Response History after class to review questions they’ve responded to and that will tell them of there correctness. Just send them to polleverywhere.com/my/results

More details on custom reply messages here:
    https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#custom_reply_messages

13. Ranking plus touch-area = step change in functionality

Hi, as you'll know I've used PE for years. A couple of new workshops in the planning stages now; and I'm looking forward to using the Ranking poll type.
    Looking at the "New Features" gives me an idea that would be extremely useful for quantitative evaluation in expert elicitation workshops.
    Background: My workshops' objective is to evaluate binary risk attributes (Probability and Severity) to >50 scenarios or "risks". Afterward, the average values from workshop participants are displayed on a 5x5 grid, where 1,1 is "not at all risky" and 5,5 is "extremely risky".

What if my participants all used smart…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Merge word cloud data from different polls

I would like to be able to merge the data from multiple word clouds. For example, if each month I host a meeting and generate a word cloud I would like to be able to group my polls together or merge the input data and create a roll-up or summary word cloud including all inputs on a quarterly or annual basis.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea. Are you asking the same poll question each week/month for your WordCloud? One thing we might be able to do is to display all the “past runs” or “archived results” for any given WordCloud at once. We do something similar for Multiple Choice Polls currently.

Do you think that would work for you? Or, are you creating completely different poll questions for each of these presentations?

15. Ability to sort responses in reverse chronological order so that new entries come in at the bottom

On open ended entries, it would be nice to have the option to have new responses come in at the bottom. For instance when we have a Q&A and are working on answering the top question, we dont want it to keep getting shoved down because of new replies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you are using our Text Wall visualization of our Open Ended Poll where you have text bubbles that flow down the screen. Does that sound correct?

If so, then I can understand your use case. We have always followed the rule where newer goes at the top. I’ll bring this up with our chart visualization team and we can brainstorm a few different visualizations that might for you OR if we can easily toggle the order.

One thing I might recommend for you, if your audience is primarily responding via the web on the smartphones (not using text message) then our new Q&A poll type might work better for you. It is a web response only poll, but I promise it is really cool. We use it every week for townhall and Q&A sessions. This blog post goes into the best detail if you are curious: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/introducing-qna-brainstorm-alternative-google-moderator/

16. Create a timer for surveys that limits the amount of time a participant has to respond.

I have heard this idea from a couple of educators and corporate trainers. Everyone is very excited about our new survey tools, and they would like to be able to use Surveys to make timed assessments. I think this would be a serious undertaking given how surveys work currently, but it would be cool!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Q&A ideas to be combined/merged along with the votes

Allow ideas to be combined/merged along with the votes in the Brainstorming / Q&A poll

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Geofencing

Prevent people from outside a room from sending a poll link by using geofencing, which would remove the need for registered users. In some
    Community settings participants are reluctant to register

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Presenters would like to be able to accept Latex responses in open ended polls.

University users love Latex, and they would like to get the students in on the action.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support split view on iPad app

Please support split view on the iPad! 8 currently project my iPad to a classroom and use the app Perfect Browser, which has a video out mode wherein the iOS interface is hidden and only the content of the web page is shown. If PE supported split view, I could keep it on the right side of my iPad screen and see poll results without showing them to the students.

I sincerely hope the PE developers can add this!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?