Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

155 results found

1. Character limit

Add function to limit characters (e.g. 50 characters, or 10 words)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  2. Confusion meter

Polls where a student can 'retract' their answer. A useful idea for us is a ' I'm confused' meter during a complex class. Students click to indicate their confusion and a screen pops up on the presenter PC/account. When the student is satisfied/no longer confused they can click it 'off' and the presenter PC/screen is updated to reflect this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Cool idea! I might recommend hacking our multiple choice polls for this in the short run. Here’s something you could try
    - add a “I’m confused” answer choice for a multiple choice poll
    - all of our multiple choice polls have a Change Answer feature enabled by default
    - students who are confused can initially post that response and the change their answer once they understand
    - you’ll be able to see the “I’m confused” on the regular bar chart

3. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Are you referring to our Open Ended Poll Questions? If so, the only way we currently have a way to organize them is with our Word Cloud feature which will show which words had the highest frequency.

What kind of grouping or analysis are you thinking of?

4. Closed poll responses

restricting answers to a particular group (to avoid dummy accounts with inappropriate responses)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We recently built a way for us to restrict poll responses only to participants who are already registered with your account. It takes a bit of custom setup for us to do. If your university or organization is interested contact us at sales@polleverywhere.com and we can work it out.

A question for anyone interested that will help us flesh this custom (for now) work to everyone – Would you want to restrict these responses to a specific group/class? Or, would restricting the poll questions to registered participants at the university/organization as a whole work for you?

5. Shared on Google Classroom

Google Classroom
    I wish that it could be shared with Google Classroom, now that it works with Google Slides. Then, I could post a Poll Everywhere assignment that my students could answer in the evenings or on weekends.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are working on a big expansion to our Survey View feature which will allow for asynchronous polling/surveys that might work for you. Basically you could post a link to a survey quiz for the students to take as homework. We’ll have a big release for it when it’s available and hopefully this will work for you.

6. hmm

sidebar that groups separate polls so that it is more clear what will happen (what questions will be asked) when the poll is started

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  7. Insert directions on how to respond with Poll EV app

For polling slides (below the question), directions are provided to learners on how to respond via web browser at PollEV.com and also for texting to 22333; however, most of our learners use the Poll EV app on their smart phone or tablets to respond. It would be nice if short directions were provided to use the Poll EV app as a means to respond.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is a really good idea, but it’ll be a little tough for us. There is a very limited amount of screen available on our poll chart and we don’t want to overwhelm it too much.

We’ll definitely have our design team see if they can come up with a good way to fit all of our different response instructions on the page.

8. Reports

User friendly reports access.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Availability

Text option for MOLDOVA.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, I checked around and none of our preferred SMS vendors have a local Moldova number available for purchase yet. We always get new numbers as they become available and if there’s enough interest – we can go searching for another vendor.

In the meantime, I always recommend our web response method which will work anywhere there’s internet!

10. 3D graphic

Have more options for graphic choices including 3D graphs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. x

I used it to teach my college classes. Besides using it to engage students. I also post a question at the beginning of each class asking the students to ask a question here. I am hearing impaired, so I am able to receive feedback and questions which I would otherwise miss due to my hearing loss.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lower cost for students

lower costs for higher education, not more features

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m always sorry to hear from folks that we’re out of budget. Are you perhaps using us in a smaller class setting? I always recommend to any educators with classes of 50 or fewer students to try out our Basic Business Plan for $19 a month or $120 a year. It comes with our reporting and grading features and up to 50 responses per poll question. It usually does the trick for any small classes at a fraction of the cost of our Individual Instructor Plan. You can check it out and see if it will work for you here:
    https://www.polleverywhere.com/account/plans/business-and-non-profit

14. Visual spectrum

Place yourself on a spectrum- say you have an idea... Like- I think the world is flat. And there is spectrum of belief- I totally agree at one end & this is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Folks get to place themselves on the spectrum. Then during the presentation of two ideas say, BoB the rapper, and Neil de Grasse the Scientist, people can move their position accordingly- in real time...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ha, well I really love your description of it Toby! I personally believe the world is round, but that is a pretty good song anyway….

Way back when we actually used to have a Dial Test poll to do this sort of thing. It never quite panned out for us and we’ve put it back on the shelf. Unfortunately, I think it would take a lot to convince us to go back to a Dial Test or Spectrum poll type.

In the mean time, I would recommend using our Multiple Choice poll to basically do this same thing. Here’s how:

You make a Multiple Choice Poll with Agree/Disagree as the answer choices. The audience can then use our Clear Response feature to change their answer during the presentation. The bar graph will update in real-time as people agree/disagree with what’s been said. You can read a bit about the Change…

15. Positive feedback :)

I work as a technical writer for a small tech company. I teach a class about writing tips about once a month to all of my fellow employees. Today I used PollEverywhere to check for understanding since I was teaching a tricky concept. Seeing everyone's answers on the screen was not only great for our discussion (and reteaching), but it seemed that everyone had a LOT of fun using the tool. When I was done, everyone clapped because they had enjoyed it so much---the kind of applause that is really sincere. After the meeting, everybody raved about PollEverywhere and asked…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Student-led blogs and polls

Blogging capabilities? Maybe a section where students could create and host their own polls.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Edit with Mobile Devices

Add edit feature to polls on mobile devices (android)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure, what sort of features or things would you like to edit from our mobile app?

For example, are you just interested in editing the poll title and answer choices OR do you want control for other features such as maximum number of allowed responses per participant, anonymity, ways to respond (Web, SMS, Twitter), or any visual settings (colors, font size, etc…) on the chart?

There are a low of options, so it would be great to know which are the most important for you. Thanks for the feedback!

19. Team-based quiz games

Easier team-based game functionality would be great!

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  5 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  20. increase the character limit for questions

Some poll questions may have a longer stem than 250 characters; can you create a new template that allows for longer questions? thanks

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base