Educators' Ideas

1. Make it seamless to use a Power Point doc with polls on multiple computers

Make it easier to use the Poll Everywhere plugin for Power Point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Is there anything in particular that you are having trouble with regarding our PowerPoint integration? I know there a few trouble spots when using multiple computers with our application.

For example, are you having trouble installing the add-in? Or, maybe tracking which “user” is logged in within our PowerPoint application? Or, something else!

We’re always on the lookout for improvements.

2. After the results - Now What

Have the ability to work with responses on screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

What do you have in mind exactly Desmond? When you get the results displayed on the screen you can make some visual adjustments (you can see details to our visual settings here https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#customizing_your_poll)

Or, you can export the results to CSV and manipulate them for analysis and reporting. We cover how that works in detail here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/reporting

Is there anything else in particular you would like to do? We’re absolutely interested in your feedback and use case

3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sure! So, currently we have a lot of background color options and the ability to upload a background image. Are you thinking of something like background “templates” sort of like how PowerPoint or Keynote use for slide backgrounds?

Otherwise, on fonts – are there any in particular you are looking for that we don’t have right now?

4. merge surveys

I'd love a way to merge survey response from different classes after doing the same survey with different groups

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Report formatting

Report formatting needs significant improvement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Absolutely, is there anything specific with our reports that are causing you difficulties or frustration?

Is it more how we are displaying the results with our current 5 report types? Or, that you would like more flexibility in how we format and display the reports? Or, something else entirely!

We have made some recent changes with how our reports display open ended responses and we are in the process of updating how they display clickable image responses to be more readable and more comprehensive.

We’re definitely up to reviewing how reporting capabilities for improvement

6. Improve PowerPoint Add-In stability

Improvements in PowerPoint Add-In stability

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Master Account Level Reports

I'd like to be able to run account wide reports that give me information on all faculty usage and all student usage. I know it would be tough to run those on your servers with the massive amount of data, but I'd like to be able to download a CSV of all polls from all subusers maybe limited to a specific period of time so I can analyze usage over a semester.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm, that is a good suggestion and we’ve been working piecemeal on this as we get more institution wide accounts. My first suggestion would be this – email us at support@polleverywhere.com and one of our account managers can whip that up for you. We can absolutely do that on request. It may take us a few days as time allows, but we can do that.

Otherwise, we do have a CSV export available with some metadata for all of the Users/Faculty on the account. This is under Settings > Manage Users > Export to CSV. That will get you a report of all of the users on the account, the number of polls each created, the last time they used us, and the total number of responses each received. We have that today!

We plan on getting this available for all registered students on the account soon. It would…

8. Report customisation

Ability to customise columns (and column formats) for exporting report data. For instance, I don't need identifier data as most of my respondents are anonymous, but I would like to have seconds-level resolution on when responses happened.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Confusion meter

Polls where a student can 'retract' their answer. A useful idea for us is a ' I'm confused' meter during a complex class. Students click to indicate their confusion and a screen pops up on the presenter PC/account. When the student is satisfied/no longer confused they can click it 'off' and the presenter PC/screen is updated to reflect this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Cool idea! I might recommend hacking our multiple choice polls for this in the short run. Here’s something you could try
    - add a “I’m confused” answer choice for a multiple choice poll
    - all of our multiple choice polls have a Change Answer feature enabled by default
    - students who are confused can initially post that response and the change their answer once they understand
    - you’ll be able to see the “I’m confused” on the regular bar chart

10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you referring to our Open Ended Poll Questions? If so, the only way we currently have a way to organize them is with our Word Cloud feature which will show which words had the highest frequency.

What kind of grouping or analysis are you thinking of?

11. Closed poll responses

restricting answers to a particular group (to avoid dummy accounts with inappropriate responses)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently built a way for us to restrict poll responses only to participants who are already registered with your account. It takes a bit of custom setup for us to do. If your university or organization is interested contact us at sales@polleverywhere.com and we can work it out.

A question for anyone interested that will help us flesh this custom (for now) work to everyone – Would you want to restrict these responses to a specific group/class? Or, would restricting the poll questions to registered participants at the university/organization as a whole work for you?

12. Shared on Google Classroom

Google Classroom
    I wish that it could be shared with Google Classroom, now that it works with Google Slides. Then, I could post a Poll Everywhere assignment that my students could answer in the evenings or on weekends.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are working on a big expansion to our Survey View feature which will allow for asynchronous polling/surveys that might work for you. Basically you could post a link to a survey quiz for the students to take as homework. We’ll have a big release for it when it’s available and hopefully this will work for you.

13. hmm

sidebar that groups separate polls so that it is more clear what will happen (what questions will be asked) when the poll is started

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Insert directions on how to respond with Poll EV app

For polling slides (below the question), directions are provided to learners on how to respond via web browser at PollEV.com and also for texting to 22333; however, most of our learners use the Poll EV app on their smart phone or tablets to respond. It would be nice if short directions were provided to use the Poll EV app as a means to respond.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is a really good idea, but it’ll be a little tough for us. There is a very limited amount of screen available on our poll chart and we don’t want to overwhelm it too much.

We’ll definitely have our design team see if they can come up with a good way to fit all of our different response instructions on the page.

15. Reports

User friendly reports access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Availability

Text option for MOLDOVA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, I checked around and none of our preferred SMS vendors have a local Moldova number available for purchase yet. We always get new numbers as they become available and if there’s enough interest – we can go searching for another vendor.

In the meantime, I always recommend our web response method which will work anywhere there’s internet!

17. 3D graphic

Have more options for graphic choices including 3D graphs

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. x

I used it to teach my college classes. Besides using it to engage students. I also post a question at the beginning of each class asking the students to ask a question here. I am hearing impaired, so I am able to receive feedback and questions which I would otherwise miss due to my hearing loss.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lower cost for students

lower costs for higher education, not more features

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m always sorry to hear from folks that we’re out of budget. Are you perhaps using us in a smaller class setting? I always recommend to any educators with classes of 50 or fewer students to try out our Basic Business Plan for $19 a month or $120 a year. It comes with our reporting and grading features and up to 50 responses per poll question. It usually does the trick for any small classes at a fraction of the cost of our Individual Instructor Plan. You can check it out and see if it will work for you here:
    https://www.polleverywhere.com/account/plans/business-and-non-profit

• Don't see your idea?

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base