1. Make it free

Make it free

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. How many people will attend the summer cycle?

We are trying to see how many learners will be attending classes to develop a comprehensive summer cycle

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Number polls that are in a group

In the column to the left in the poll view, at the bottom where you can select previous poll or next poll, there should be a number to indicate what poll question you are on of those that have been group together.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Create an App for working moms.

Kids never respond to their parents' texts. What if I could ask my kids waht time they would be home, want for dinner, etc. in a cool way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the international number for text voting as simple as the USA number

Make the international number for text voting as simple as the USA number, just four or five digits. There are 12 for Europe

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

That number is called a shortcode and they’re country specific. So, it can be very expensive to support multiple country’s. We’re planning on supporting more countries in the future; however, we’ll only be able to do so as our usage expands outside of North America.

For now I’d suggest web voting as an alternative.

6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea, and we will support this in the distant future.

I’m marking this as “declined” for now because implementing uni-code symbols, icons, asian-language characters, etc. within our Flash charts would require much larger file sizes and longer load times.

However, in the future we plan on moving away from Flash based charts to HTML 5. The development team has a few other items to work on before getting to that project; however, I would imagine you’ll begin seeing HTML 5 charts sometime this year. This type of format will allow us to support symbols and such easier as well!

Thanks again for your suggestions!

7. Polls to PDF?

It would be really nice to have poll data sent to PDF. One cannot print screen if there is a lot of responses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make compatible with Smart Notebook

Your flash files do not work correctly when they are embedded in a smart notebook presentation, teachers would rather use this over powerpoint, so can you make it compatible???

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi William,

Smart Notebook doesn’t allow you to embed any object that needs to reference the internet. For example you couldn’t insert a web page that would open within your Smart Notebook file. This is the reason our Flash files do not function. They need to be able to “talk” to our servers to populate the visuals and update with “live” results.

Currently the only solution I can see with Smart is to simply link directly to your polls. If you log out of polleverywhere.com the links will pull up each poll in the entire browser window (without your account controls).

Other than that you could ask Smart to provide this type of feature. I probably wouldn’t mention us though, as they sell their own Classroom Response Systems for use with Smart notebook!

9. change "i" for sessions

To say something like this...

To join this session, text "session number" to "user number".

For example...

To join this session, text 123456 to 37234.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jason,

We currently say “To join this session, send a message using the keyword 123456”.

This statement is a bit ambiguous, but that’s because sending “a message” may not necessarily be a text (could be a tweet or one of several web response options).

Plus, we don’t have a “user number” rather participants will text to the number displayed. All of our users (depending on country) share the same texting number.

I’m going to mark this request as declined for now. However, you should know, you are on to something with the user number idea. We are planning to implement a system in the future that allows participants to join a user’s polls and use the user’s own keywords.

Please email steve@polleverywhere.com with additional questions!

10. Make the number of characters where the question is longer

I have several questions that need lengthy explanation and I was about 20 characters too long.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

I’m marking this as declined for now. With our current Flash charts the reason we have a character restriction is you will run out of screen “real-estate” and not be able to fit everything on the chart! In the future we’ll be moving to HTML 5 charts that may be a little more flexible with adjusting fonts as well as character limits.

For now one work around would be to embed the poll in a PowerPoint slide. You can hide the poll’s title/question from the visual settings menu and type out the question on the slide itself.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Steve

11. Remove Dollar Sign from goal poll

Love the new goal poll, however not all goals are related to dollar amounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add the Google voice/Skype option to the screen

In the ways people can respond include the information for how to respond via google voice/ skype etc..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Services like Google Voice and Skype do not support shortcodes; however they can use our backup number more info on the FAQ here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/faq#google-voice

We don’t give you the option to display this number, as it’s a backup number only and is only to be used sparingly. Google Voice and Skype require a web connection so those participants should really be voting via the web. It’s much simpler and makes for a better experience.

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s a great idea; however, I’m marking this as declined and here’s why:

Each poll is an individual Flash object that you load from the site. The Flash controls (including full-screen button) interact with this singular poll object. So, if you clicked the “next poll/previous poll” button a new Flash object would still need to load before enabling you to go full screen.

Now could we build a Flash application that allowed you to cycle through polls without the web interface? Sure. But we already offer this functionality in the form of embedding polls into a PowerPoint presentation.

Another reason we haven’t invested the time into a “poll presenter application” is we’d like to do away with Flash charts altogether. We plan to move to Html 5 charts in the future, and I imagine your suggestion will be implemented in that release, as it will be much simpler to accomplish.

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We may consider it in the future depending on what it costs and if we can suitably build it in to our pricing models. Unfortunately, there really isn’t a good option for this in most countries (including the US). Here’s a good article: http://www.mobilestorm.com/resources/digital-marketing-blog/free-to-end-user-fteu/

This would certainly be something we would consider implementing in markets with a significant user-base, but for now I’m marking this as declined as it’s not currently an available option.

Thank you for your suggestion!

16. Allow PPT download without the instructional slides

After the first download, it is redundant to keep downloading the instructional slides that come before the poll slide(s)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. chemical structure drawing

It might be good to figure out a way students can submit chemical structure drawings as a web entry using a Java-based structure drawing program. Your interface would take the information and "beautify" it for presentation, and be able to see duplicate answers. Sapling Learning has developed a structure drawing tool for their online homework; it might be valuable to contact them and work out a collaboration. There are other possible tools that currently exist as well. Let me know if oyu wish to discuss further.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Custom Keywords

I would pay the k-12 plan (50 a year) if I could do custom keywords. That makes or breaks it for me when you have kids with a short attention span and little attention to detal (like longer numbers).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Custom Keywords are a limited resource as multiple users can’t reserve the same words. We don’t include these on our education plans at this level in order to keep cost down i..e. $50/year.

In the future we have plans to change the keyword model, which will alleviate these issues and give every user a lot more freedom in designating specific keywords/codes. But for now it just wouldn’t be fair to our business users to offer Custom Keywords to our K12 segment.

19. Make a list of all my polls at my public poll page

When I ask my students to log on to my public poll page (www.pollev.com/mzh) they see the poll that I am currently looking at in the backend interface.

It would be better if they saw a list of all my (running) polls that they could then click on and answer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. People need to be able to cut n paste the web response

If they can past the response address into their web browser then it is easier for them to respond.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base