Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

99 results found

1. Share polls between accounts

Allow people to share polls. As a teacher at a school that has 16 people in my department that teach the same book. If we could share a poll from one account to anther, it would help with preparation times. Possibly allow a download number for a poll or something like that.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

There are two ways to do this right now. The first, and ideal for us, is that any school-wide, department-wide, or university-wide plans with multiple users on the same account may quickly and easily share polls with each other. There’s an option under the Edit Multiple button to move polls from one user on an account to another. You can read about this in more detail here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160770-moving-multiple-polls-between-groups-or-users

Otherwise, you can share individual polls with each other by sending the URL for the poll question itself.

1. Copy the URLs of the polls you’d like to share onto a list. (Copy the address while it’s in live chart view, not instructional or survey view.)

2. Give them the list of URLs.

3. Have them log into her own Poll Everywhere account.

4. Have them enter the URL for the first poll, and then add this: /copy to the end of…

2. Graded report generation

Gemerate graded reports for all the polls given in a semester (150 or more).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Fixed feedback - second vote

Allow poll creator to send electric shock back to users of devices that got the question wrong - excellent motivator for pre-school.

Failing that, allow automated response to be sent back to user based on their vote - a kind of instant fixed-text feedback, before offering a second vote with which they can confirm or alter their response.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ha, well we probably won’t go the route of electric shock. I can only imagine the a meeting with our lawyer after that…

But, we do have an auto-reply message feature to allow any of our paid users to send a reply SMS or post a message on the web response page. You can see the details of this here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#custom_reply_messages

Our Change Answer feature is now available! Students may now click “Clear Responses” at the bottom of the page to change their original answer. And, if they are using text message – they may text Clear or Undo to the same number to change their response.

The combination of these two should get you 90% if not more of the way there

4. NATIVE LTI INTEGRATION

Provide native Canvas LTI Integration as the Univerity of Florida will not provide a root level “Developer Key” (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10847-4214445806)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  5. Change font size

Allow us to change the font size of the responses so people in the back of larger groups can see easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  6. Export from Blackboard Exam questions without retyping into polls.

Be able to export test questions from Blackboard without retyping them into poll.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Academic Pricing

Academic Pricing for poor teachers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mapping responses

Geographic maps. Questions could ask respondents where they are from, for example, and highlight responses on the map.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this now! We have a Clickable Image poll type that will allow you to upload an image, such as a map of the USA, and ask respondents to mark where they are from. Their responses will display as Pins on the display and you can see it.

Here’s how:
    1. click on red Create Poll button
    2. Select Clickable Image along the left side
    3. then upload your own image or choose one of our pre-loaded ones
    4. And, present your poll!

*note – clickable image polls are web only. We do not accept text message responses

9. Rearranging polls within a group

When I am rearranging the polls within a group, it is terribly frustrating that it jumps me to the top of my list of group with a message under each one that the group has to be expanded in order to drag to a poll to it. The page should not jump and I should be able to drag/drop by polls within a group without having to scroll back down to the group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is FIXED! Our very own Brad Lindsey worked over the weekend and knocked a problem we thought would take much longer.

If you go to rearrange a poll now, none of the groups will immediately expand. If you drag the poll over a collapsed group and pause for a few seconds, the group will expand and allow you to drop the poll there.

10. Math type in the question

Be able to use math type in the question.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We got it! You can now have inline LaTeX in the title of the poll question, in the answer choices, and they will display on the pollev web response page (including surveys) for your students.

You can use the TeX shorthand of $$ to enter your equation.

1. click the Create Poll button
    2. Type your question $$ your equation in LaTeX $$ the rest of your question
    3. click Create and you are done

You can see detailed instructions and screenshots for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/891297

Remember to start your question or answer option with “$$:” so we know to convert it properly.

11. Latex

Create a question using Latex - not only answers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We got it! You can now have inline LaTeX in the title of the poll question, in the answer choices, and they will display on the pollev web response page (including surveys) for your students.

You can see detailed instructions and screenshots for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/891297

Remember to start your question or answer option with “$$:” so we know to convert it properly.

12. It would be helpful to be able to use superscripts and subscripts for only part of an answer (specifically for chemical formula)

The LaTex option is nice, but it doesn't address the need for superscripts and subscripts in chemical formula, where you only want it for a portion of the answer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make multiple polls live

I would like to be able to make multiple polls live at the same time, so that students can answer for instance 5 questions at once and then we can review them together. Instead of taking on poll at a time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't over-complicate it

I've been using Poll Everywhere for several years and it remains my all time favourite edtech tool. It's strength for me has been its simplicity and ease-of-use. While I always welcome improvements to the interface I am slightly wary of feature creep. So my request is for simplicity. Please don't spoil what you have by expanding the functionality to meet all users' requirements. Matt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Matt! I promise our design and engineering teams do their best to keep things as simple as possible. At the very least, keeping the initial and critical workflows as simple as possible. We’ll have some small tweaks to the main My Polls page which I think will also help simplify some of the UI as well.

Let us know if there’s ever anything you see that starts to be more confusing than helpful

15. A Reset Button

A reset button!!!!
    We need ONE button to take care three settings for the multiple choice questions. 1. Clear the responses, 2. Hide the chart 3. Hide the correct answer.
    I thought when I cleared the responses, it would do these three things for me. But, I was very surprised to see the responses showed when they coming in, and the right answer box was selected from the beginning!!!! These ruined my presentation :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We’ve got it! From here on out, any time you Clear a poll question we will update the chart visualization to hide the correct answer. Try it out and let us know if it isn’t working

We do not yet have a way to automatically “reset” polls to hide the chart because it’s a little more complicated for us to do because it goes against our stored defaults. Until we are able to update that, I would recommend using our Copy Visual Settings feature to “Hide the chart” for multiple poll questions at once. You can see details how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160777-copying-and-applying-existing-visual-settings-to-p

16. Response message

After message is sent by attendee, system could send a response as received with a link to My response history page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this right now! It is a feature that may be enabled or disabled for any given poll question.

You can use our Custom Reply Message feature to send a confirmation message that a response was successful (our default) OR customize the message to say whatever you want, including links!

This feature can be found by opening the poll configuration page > select Response Settings > and enter your Custom Reply Message.

You can see more details for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160732

17. New customer

Hello, my name is Giovanna and I work for Insper, a brazilian university.
    We already use a pooling system, but we're doing some research to change our actual supplier.
    I'd like to now if it's possible to schedule an online presentation for me and my team, so we can know your system better.
    Best regards,
    Giovanna.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. math type

Math type in the question

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to add Hebrew font and add video/audio to questions.

I would like to be able to have Hebrew font capability and audio/video

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How about Multiple Choice Questions where m out of k options can be chosen

In assessments, we often use so called k-prim questions. These are multiple choice questions, where the respondents can tick more than just one answer. Is it possible to construct those in PollEverywhere?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base