Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

106 results found

1. Shared on Google Classroom

Google Classroom
    I wish that it could be shared with Google Classroom, now that it works with Google Slides. Then, I could post a Poll Everywhere assignment that my students could answer in the evenings or on weekends.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We are working on a big expansion to our Survey View feature which will allow for asynchronous polling/surveys that might work for you. Basically you could post a link to a survey quiz for the students to take as homework. We’ll have a big release for it when it’s available and hopefully this will work for you.

2. hmm

sidebar that groups separate polls so that it is more clear what will happen (what questions will be asked) when the poll is started

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Insert directions on how to respond with Poll EV app

For polling slides (below the question), directions are provided to learners on how to respond via web browser at PollEV.com and also for texting to 22333; however, most of our learners use the Poll EV app on their smart phone or tablets to respond. It would be nice if short directions were provided to use the Poll EV app as a means to respond.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is a really good idea, but it’ll be a little tough for us. There is a very limited amount of screen available on our poll chart and we don’t want to overwhelm it too much.

We’ll definitely have our design team see if they can come up with a good way to fit all of our different response instructions on the page.

4. Reports

User friendly reports access.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Availability

Text option for MOLDOVA.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, I checked around and none of our preferred SMS vendors have a local Moldova number available for purchase yet. We always get new numbers as they become available and if there’s enough interest – we can go searching for another vendor.

In the meantime, I always recommend our web response method which will work anywhere there’s internet!

6. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. x

I used it to teach my college classes. Besides using it to engage students. I also post a question at the beginning of each class asking the students to ask a question here. I am hearing impaired, so I am able to receive feedback and questions which I would otherwise miss due to my hearing loss.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lower cost for students

lower costs for higher education, not more features

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m always sorry to hear from folks that we’re out of budget. Are you perhaps using us in a smaller class setting? I always recommend to any educators with classes of 50 or fewer students to try out our Basic Business Plan for $19 a month or $120 a year. It comes with our reporting and grading features and up to 50 responses per poll question. It usually does the trick for any small classes at a fraction of the cost of our Individual Instructor Plan. You can check it out and see if it will work for you here:
    https://www.polleverywhere.com/account/plans/business-and-non-profit

9. Visual spectrum

Place yourself on a spectrum- say you have an idea... Like- I think the world is flat. And there is spectrum of belief- I totally agree at one end & this is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Folks get to place themselves on the spectrum. Then during the presentation of two ideas say, BoB the rapper, and Neil de Grasse the Scientist, people can move their position accordingly- in real time...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ha, well I really love your description of it Toby! I personally believe the world is round, but that is a pretty good song anyway….

Way back when we actually used to have a Dial Test poll to do this sort of thing. It never quite panned out for us and we’ve put it back on the shelf. Unfortunately, I think it would take a lot to convince us to go back to a Dial Test or Spectrum poll type.

In the mean time, I would recommend using our Multiple Choice poll to basically do this same thing. Here’s how:

You make a Multiple Choice Poll with Agree/Disagree as the answer choices. The audience can then use our Clear Response feature to change their answer during the presentation. The bar graph will update in real-time as people agree/disagree with what’s been said. You can read a bit about the Change…

10. Student-led blogs and polls

Blogging capabilities? Maybe a section where students could create and host their own polls.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Edit with Mobile Devices

Add edit feature to polls on mobile devices (android)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure, what sort of features or things would you like to edit from our mobile app?

For example, are you just interested in editing the poll title and answer choices OR do you want control for other features such as maximum number of allowed responses per participant, anonymity, ways to respond (Web, SMS, Twitter), or any visual settings (colors, font size, etc…) on the chart?

There are a low of options, so it would be great to know which are the most important for you. Thanks for the feedback!

12. Team-based quiz games

Easier team-based game functionality would be great!

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  5 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  13. increase the character limit for questions

Some poll questions may have a longer stem than 250 characters; can you create a new template that allows for longer questions? thanks

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding teacher input

See if you can design a platform like Class Flow which combines slide sharing with polls. Also, you can start getting teacher input on questions to post per grade and subject content area to increase your database of questions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add graphic organizers

Create a way for students to update graphic organizers, like a venn diagram and have it able to show live on the website.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  16. Upgrade inhibits continuity of presentation

It was much easier to integrate the poll into PPT before your upgrade. I cannot download the program on classroom computers, so there is a break in continuity, because I have to change to the web instead of staying in PPT. I believe it was better before the upgrade.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe you are referring to our old Flash PowerPoint integration where you did not need to download or install a program on the presentation computer. This method had some serious security and reliability concerns for us and Flash in general has become less and less supported by all of our providers as a result.

This is why we’ve switched to the much more reliable and secure HTML5 version of our PowerPoint integration.

If you have any trouble getting our PowerPoint App installed on your school computer or any other computer – feel free to send us an email to Support@PollEverywhere.com and we’ll do our best to get you sorted out. Have a great day!

17. 20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  18. Daily rather than per poll participation

For Gradebook, let answering one poll/day (or one in a select group of polls) to give full participation

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Realtime Line Graph

I would like to see a feature on PollEverywhere that allows a progressive poll throughout a class period, which shows up as a line graph.

For instance, I may ask a question at the beginning of the class, and students answer. Some may change their minds as the lesson progresses and we read more of our book, so I could take another poll with the same question. Then again at the end of class. We could discuss how opinions change based on perspective.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea! Instead of a Line Graph – do you think it would work for you if we instead have Grouped Bar Charts, so you can compare before/after?

This was you would have two bars of different colors to compare the before/after responses for each of the answer choices to a multiple choice poll. It would not let you pinpoint the exact time the students changed their minds > but it does give you a very easy/quick way to compare how their choices changed from the beginning vs end of a lesson. It would look something like this: https://goo.gl/Bgf9oW

What do you think?

20. signal to close poll

An indicator when over 95% of participants have polled in (allowing an initial poll to set baseline for session).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We do have a setting to “Show total results” which will show the total number of responses you have received for an individual poll question. It will be displayed on the bottom right of the chart. You can use this to get a count of responses and then chose to move on when it hits an amount. To show the total results on the chart:
    Click the Paintbrush icon to open visual settings menu > select Show total results at the bottom of that menu.

Would it be enough for us to allow you to preset an amount and when the “Total Results” nears or hits this number we provide some alert on the chart to notify the presenter?

I’m hesitant to have us try and guess when a poll question has received all of the responses that it will receive. We do not want to try and control the…

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base