Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. A slider poll with multiple sentences/questions.

Coming from Mentimeter which has it flaws, I was disappointed to be able to use only one slider with question per poll. It would be great to have several. Also great if you can show the voting frequencies behind the slider position as sometimes there are multiple populations. Mentimeter does this very well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Open ended questions

Currently, is difficult to manually grade "open ended" questions. It would be wonderful to assign "correctness" to these type of questions. Open ended questions allow for a higher level of thinking than multiple choice but it is time consuming to calculate grades when not included in a report.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow multi-line textual responses

The "open-ended" response type allows arbitrary textual response, but only one line of text. For complex answers, including answers that may including tables or diagrams, one line is not sufficient. I would like to request an option (perhaps presented to the user as an "allow long answers" checkbox on the open-ended response type) that will allow the user to insert newlines and construct multiline responses.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Cascading answers

I'd like to collect answers on the first poll slide and allow upvotes (current functionality).
    Then I'd like the top X number to be automagically available in the next poll slide so that people can add short answers.
    Use case:
    Survey: What excuses do your prospects say when you cold call them?
    (respond and upvote)
    New Poll with top 5 upvoted answers: OK, how would you respond to each of these excuses?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is a great platform. My family is using it for family trivia night.

As private citizens using this for personal polls/surveys for our family trivia night, this is a great solution for us!

None of your plans offered are tailored for personal use like this however. With 8 people playing and setting up their questions, we're not going to pay $45 a month each for access to advanced features. If you had plans for people like us that were under $5 a month with some advanced features, we would likely exercise that option. Seems like an opportunity for an additional revenue stream related to another use case. If it were marketed correctly, there…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would it be possible to have a sticky note response in the future?

When students respond, their answer shows up as a sticky note on the screen. Like Jamboard but in Jamboard students have the ability to change other students answers. I think you have a much better product and this would be a great response idea for students!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A Custom Response based on a right or wrong answer

I'm running a program that would like to reveal clues based on a right answer. For example if a right answer is given I would like to give an automatic response with a "correct" but also respond with a "your next clue is hotdog". If a wrong answer is given the automatic response would read "wrong answer".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Results presentation per participant

I am using polls in my teaching and that would be great if i could present Survey responses per participant and not question by question,
    For example: If survey has four question a, b, c, d and there are 2 participants X, Y I want to present first responses to all questions submitted by X, then all responses submitted by Y.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Utilize videos (MP5) for questions

I have a need to create questions which include short video clips. It would be nice to have this option available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! We’ll look into this as we see more customer interest.

In the meantime, I recommend using our slideware apps for PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides to share a Poll Everywhere activity right after a video in your presentation. Learn more at polleverywhere.com/app

10. Display clean results on website

I’m now using mmhmm to “mix” my webcam, slide show, and a virtual background before pushing out video to Zoom etc. I like the control it gives me over almost everything - except Polleverywhere. If I share a full desktop, it works, even when I use Keynote’s “play in window” function (which I have to, if I want to see anything of the Zoom interface etc.). BUT - if I click on anything other than Keynote - like the Zoom chat or something - PollEverywhere won’t display in the Keynote show until I exit it, and restart on that slide.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase font size range on word clouds

The current appearance seems to have 4 different font sizes in the word cloud. When an idea has 30 matches and others are only at 4 or 5, a MUCH larger font size would better represent that, contrasting the smaller ones. Even a range of 8 sizes would be a significant improvement to determine popularity in a given data set. Ideally I would like a range of 12 or more.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Use screen name instead of arrow on clickable images.

On clickable images, use screen names instead of just an arrow or marker that way you have the option of knowing who put what in your activity. Makes it more personable.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cursor scrolls to the top of the page when FAQ is clicked

The cursor should go to the correct "expanded" Answer when you click an FAQ question. Instead it goes right to the top, and you have to scroll down to find your answer. Please verify and update, thanks! (On a Windows 10 laptop)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Put back the ability to export poll screenshots directly from the Activity page!

It's completely inefficient--particularly when segmenting polls with multiple other polls--to have to go to the "Response History" page to simply download a screenshot. The new method requires the user to leave the activity screen, go to the Response History, export the screenshot, go back to the activity screen, wait for the lengthy time it takes for the segmentation tool to reload all polls, select the new segmentation poll, and start the process all over again (just getting the segmentation drop-down to populate fully takes forever, and now users have to wait for that population each and every time they return…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Build a feature for tracking attendence

We badly need this feature. The current workaround for taking attendance is clunky. May I suggest add a scan QR feature in the Poll Everywhere App? Right now, if I set up a poll, and get the QR code, students scan it, but it will open in a web browser, so they have to re-login. We require our students to stay login in the App.
    Why QR code? We need to use the big screen for the presentation. QR code is easier to be posted in the classroom, and it also forces the students to be onsite, so they can…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We built the QR code feature as a way for participants to join a presentation quickly without having to type a pollev.com/username.

We have a feature that is available on all premium education accounts called “Hide activity titles” which was designed to encourage students to physically be in the classroom by not displaying the title of any activity questions on the participant site or app. We encourage using this for attendance and participation credit: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/response-settings/activity-title-blocker

17. Duplicate activity from edit page (currently only available in activity list)

As far as I can tell you are only able to duplicate an activity from the main groups and activities list (available when you click POLLS from the main menu). It would be helpful if you were able to duplicate an activity from the open activity page (where you save the activity). Example, for an election, you run the activity full screen and show results, now you have to remove some of the options and run it again (and again, and again until there is a winner). It is easier to track the order of polls taken by duplicating the…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Weighted grading settings

I grade my students based on participation and correctness both (1 point for participation, another for correctness). I've been using the weighted grading options to give 2 points to the correct answer and 1 point to the wrong ones, but I wish I could simply set all my polls to automatically always do this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to refresh placeholder image on google slides.

Currently, placeholder images are not changeable, and if I change the wording of my pollev question after creating a slide, the placeholder image on that slide will be inconsistent with the question shown in the live presentation.

I'd suggest adding a refresh option in the context menu of the image. That is, I'd like to right click the image, select "refresh pollev image" and then the image would refresh to reflect the latest status of the linked pollev question.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a confirmation to "Clear Responses"

Because "clear responses" cannot be undone, please add a confirmation button (You've asked to clear responses. Your action cannot be undone. Would you like to continue? <Yes> <No>).

One can too easily hit the wrong button, which is what happened to me and I lost all of my data. This is something that should have already been in place.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas