Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Ability to log me out on all devices

If I log in on someone elses device - whether in the browser, PowerPoint, etc. - and forget to log out, I'd like the ability to log myself out of anywhere I'm logged in. This would improve data privacy/security as I could remove access to see my polls, and ensure that others aren't using my login for their own purposes.

This would be similar to Spotify's "Log out of everywhere" option, or Google's "Log out of all sessions" ability.

example: https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/account_basics/can-i-sign-out-of-my-account-if-im-signed-in-on-another-device/

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add attendance export for Sakai

Sakai seems to have some ability to import an attendance report. It would be nice if Poll Everywhere could export a compatible file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Open Ended Question Categorization

Hi, I am an independent event manager and I manage a number of medical events across the country. we use your software as a stand-alone program, which works great for our application. Many of our questions are open source questions from the audience being texted into my computer then displayed for later response. During a speakers talks the audience has the ability to randomly pose questions related to that particular presentation. At the end of each presentation, or during a designated QA session we produce, or display the questions for the faculty to review and answer. It works great. The…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide the APK file for foreign Android platform users who do not have access to Google Playstore

I was recently using your poll in China. We encountered a difficulty for Android users because they are not able to download the android app because they are not able to access Google playstore. As you know Google is blocked in China. We also tried to locate the APK file but it could not be installed. While the web interface can be used, I think we all agree that the app is much more convenient. Is there a solution that you can provide to allow Android based phone users in China to have access to the app?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use of ENTER in text-fields - Linebreak not possible

Students cannot use ENTER-button, and often submit and have to re-do the questions. They cannot even use line-shift as SHIFT+ENTER.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could we go back to the icon feature instead of labels on the right side of ppt presentation?

Icon is cleaner. Label tends to cover the contents on the power point.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been keeping a close eye for feedback on this change. We have generally seen that most people appear to be reassured with the labels as the icons weren’t always as clear for folks.

That said, I definitely understand the desire to not cover up the chart more. We definitely plan on more tweaks to those labels/buttons in the near future to be a cleaner and more beautiful experience.

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate it

7. Could you add a feature to "competitions" so that every class I could run one, and the results would be added to a cumulative ranking?

The idea is this, each class I could run my current events competition and get a weekly winner and ranking of ALL participants. As well, as the weeks go by I could produce a cumulative ranking of ALL competitions for the group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have more polls in the recent polls list

put more polls in the recent polls list. 5-7 would be ideal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to hide target area on clickable image poll through template poll

I use a template poll to hide results by default for multiple choice type polls. This seems to translate to hiding click markers on clickable images polls but the target areas are still shown by default. I would like the option to hide these as well so students only see the unadorned image when the poll is launched., without have to edit this setting for each clickable image poll.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Censor using a custom word list (in addition to usual profanity)

My students often post names of classmates and other professors to make fun of them. I'd like to prevent this problem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clarify the two uses of the word "group"

Poll Everywhere uses "group" to mean "group" of questions AND "group" of collaborators. This gets confusing. It would be ideal if these features used different names. How about "Team" of collaborators? or something like that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback! Yes. I and Poll Everywhere agree one hundred percent as we regret that naming scheme as well.

We have begun work on a project around Sharing Polls with other presenters and part of this work will involve changes to our User Group feature. This is a large project for us that will be a months yet, but changing the name is part of our current plan.

So, stay tuned! And, we’ll be posting here and looking for beta testers for that in time.

Thanks again!

12. Ability to show multiple choice answers one at a time in Powerpoint

Instead of giving all multiple choice answers at the same time, allow the presenter to show a new answer on click. There are benefits to showing students the answers one at time. This might require to be able to activate the poll in ppt manually, instead of instant activation as soon as the slide/poll comes up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change the order of text number and poll number

I am getting feedback from many students and colleagues that, when I request them to text their poll response, the language on the slide does not read clearly. It provides the content of the text message (the unique poll number to text with the response) before providing the phone number to text to. On many devices, you have to put in a number before you can draft a text. The ordering of these two numbers results in many people sending a text to the poll number and putting the text number in the content of the text message.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display Survey Results on One Chart rather than by Individual Question

When creating a survey, I would like to display one chart with all the responses to each question, rather than having to click through slides for each question to see the results. For instance, if there was a "check all that apply" option (if there is, I apologize for not finding it) that then can be shown in a frequency chart (10 responses for item 1, 5 responses for item 2).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Experiments

Allow teachers to run in-class experiments: By this I mean that I want to direct all my students to one link. The poll or survey should then (randomly) direct one half of students to one version of a question and the other half of students to another version of a question. This way I can show how different question wording / scenarios / ... lead to different responses.

thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Give the option to show regions in present mode.

For the poll I want to create, I have selected specific regions and ideally would be able to show those on present mode so that voters can "click" on the region they are voting for instead of randomly clicking on the map. The way it’s set up now, the map is blank and you essentially have to cross your fingers that voters click on an area that corresponds to one of those boxes. Keep in mind - some countries are small! 

For this use-case, I feel like a pin would be sufficient as shown under “Audience Favorites” (hopefully people can…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Custom time period for correct answer visibility delay

Instead of having a drop down with limited options for the "When should correct responses be visible to participants?" setting, have it be a field where you fill in a set number of hours/days.

Even better - if we could set this on a per-poll or per-group basis and enter in a specific date as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You should explore allowing multiple account template polls

We are a big company and have two sectors within the same account. We would like to have two poll templates: one per sector

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea! We are actively doing some initial research into different ways to expand and improve our template poll feature. It’s great to hear these sorts of requests.

We are looking into this right now, however it is still very early for us to say exactly how we will implement these improvements. We’ll post here as the project moves along.

Thanks for the idea!

19. Visme presentation?

I've recently moved all presentations over to using Visme (away from Prezi and Powerpoint). An excellent tool, except I can not embed my polls. Is there a way I can do this with Visme like I did with Power Point rather than having to close out and go to full web screen shot?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Nested Questions

Nested questions based on how an initial question is answered.

For example, question 1 is a yes or no question. If the respondent answers yes, they're brought to a follow-up question (question 2); if their answer is no, they're brought to a different follow-up (question 3).

Once those are responded to, the answers can be merged into one poll for display.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas