Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values

Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values
    Current reporting for "Clickable Image" poll includes a data column (in the Pivot Table format) that has both the click coordinate values (0-100%,0-100%) and the Defined Click Region, if any. These are 3 separate values and should be reported in separate data columns; otherwise they have to be parsed in order to be used.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Presenters to custom a daily unlock, lock and clear

If one poll or survey is being used for multiple sessions, instead of manually going to My Polls every time to clear responses, to have a feature of creating a recurring auto-unlock, auto-lock and auto-clear responses for polls and surveys (an alarm clock feature)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow anonymous poll with no responses to be changed

It would be nice to be able to change an anonymous poll to an identified poll so long as the poll does not have any responses (e.g. it is still in creation phase).

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, I understand that one. I know I’ve clicked the anonymous button and then later regretted it as well. We try to put a scary pop up warning, but it still happens.

It’s difficult for us to convert a poll back because we take our anonymity very seriously. Once that warning is accepted we immediately scramble any responses to that poll and then put a lock that prevents the poll from recording the name/email of any future responses. We’re literally destroying where we would store the identifiable information for the poll and to convert back we’d have to re-create those tables which is a tricky and slow process. And, we’re hesitant to open a way for someone to hack that information.

That said, certainly if we get a lot of requests for this we will work on it. In the meantime, I just recommend being careful with the anonymous button…

4. Ability to change case of letters in word cloud

Not sure why there is no option to prevent the word cloud from changing everything to lower case. Could at least be a moderated option. This is a hindrance in Tech oriented settings where participants often enter acronyms into the cloud... just looks strange when you have a system names CATS and it shows up as cats...

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, it’s tough but I definitely understand what you mean. Our dream is to have some Natural Language Processing to automatically determine a lot of these responses. It’s a tough computing problem for Google and Apple with their AIs…and us too!

We don’t want our wordclouds to be straight case sensitive because most phones will autocorrect to be autocase and you don’t want “Cats” to show up either, or just the first word of each sentence and we chose to default to lowercase because it is standard in the word cloud industry.

Some acronyms are obvious like SUV should always be capitalized, but words like “cats” could be either depending on the context.

We will tackle it in time and hopefully sooner than later. If we get a lot of interest in this over some other cool stuff we’re working on, we will definitely switch priorities. Let us know if…

5. Weighted Poll

We want to present 10 ideas and have the participants rank them in order of importance. When the participants finish ranking them they will be weighted by order i.e. my first choice is worth 10 points, my second choice is worth 9 points and so on.

This will so a true ranking poll of what my participants believe to be most to least imporatant

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, we do not have a way to do this right now out of the box, but there are a few workarounds.

The first is that you can use our Ranking Poll which allows folks to drag/drop the answer choices to their selected rank order. This will apply the set number of “points” on the backend depending on the number of answer choices. So, if you have 5 answer choices > then when someone ranks one option first > it gets 5 points > 2nd place gets 4 points and so on…
    - You can see more details for how this works here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/612507

Another option is to use our Multiple Choice Polls to get the same results. You can either have 10 separate multiple choice polls where you can ask them to assign 1-10 points to each of your choices. Or, you can have a single poll question and…

6. Flush participants off a keyword

I would like the ability to force every participant off of a keyword. We use P.E. at events where we have multiple meetings (or classes if you are an educator) starting at the same time. The moderator (or teacher) tells the audience to log in to the keyword - say SessionA - at the start of the program.

We have an open ended poll open to send questions directly to the moderator. What shows up is not only "SessionA" from people who were still logged into the keyword, but also "SessionB", C, and D from people who are in another…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to organize reports into folders

Folders for organizing reports.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Accessibility improvement.

I have been sat on the website for 2 days after trawling through the user guide, attempting to get it to work. It is really difficult to move from poll page to testing and editing. It is also confusing to understand how to activate the poll. Really frustrating system.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. REALLY need a visual analog scale

Need a Visual Analog Scale (VAS) for class work/ratings in graduate level voice disorders class!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integrate with the LearnUpon LMS

We use a learning management system (LMS) to track our trainings, including quizzes and results, and we would like to use the Report function on Poll Everywhere to log the results of polls (quizzes) for each individual that takes our training courses.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Integration with ProPresenter.

It would be great to have an add in for the program ProPresenter on MAC. Very useful and widely used presentation software. Same idea as powerpoint an keynote. Thank you for considering. I'd love to see this available in the near future if at all possible.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Greg,

I believe the last few releases of ProPresenter have a web page viewer included. You can present your polls from the web there, the same way as if you were using our website to directly present your polls.

You can directly navigate to the poll chart, hover over the top right of the chart, and click “enable fullscreen” to start presentation mode.

We also support PowerPoint and Keynote integration with our Mac App.

Give ProPresenter a try and let us know how it works out

12. Auto toggle of "show/hide" with timer

I love the timer feature, how you can set a poll to automatically lock when the timer runs out. It would be GREAT to have the poll show/hide toggle also when the timer runs out, at the same time as the lock toggle. I use poll everywhere in my lectures and I want students to be able to answer a question without seeing the other students' answers. Then once the timer runs out the poll should lock and automatically show the results.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show Colored Markers Idea for Clickable Images

You may be spinning the wheels on this already, but it would be AWESOME if your programmers could add another toggle switch to a live poll that would change the colors of the participants markers to match their "group" colors instead of just displaying all markers in green. This would allow for a few more competitive uses of PollEv in the classroom.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improving Clickable Images

Ability to zoom in on clickable images on mobile. Plus, optimizing the code, since it seems to chug for multiple clicks from multiple users.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Would it work if we allow you to temporarily magnify what’s under your finger by tapping and holding your finger down?
    In this magnified state, you can:
    - Drag your finger to explore different parts of the screen.
    - Lift your finger to return to your previous state.

It is a different workflow than the usual “pinching” movement for zooming, but unfortunately our mobile app makes that tricky to support.

15. Conditional Responses

It'd be nice to have followup questions based on the response that has been sent. For example say the first question is "do you use public transit? a) yes b) no" and only if they answer "yes" they would receive a followup question "What type of public transit do you use? a) bus b) light-rail"

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better handling of numeric answers

when numerical answers are required, display a histogram of the distribution of responses, so lecturer can see roughly how many get close to the right answer, and how many are far off.

117 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Timed/scheduled activation of a poll

I'd like the ability to push a scheduled poll to my dedicated page
    without the question being visible until the poll actually starts.
    Currently the question is visible, the users just cannot submit a response
    yet until the start time has been reached.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Segregated data collection based on which sub-user is logged in to the PPT plug-in

Let's say I had eight sub-users on my account and a group of questions that I want all of them to be able to ask, potentially in parallel classrooms running at the same time, but only see displayed their own results (excluding the responses gathered by the other seven sub-users). Today I have to copy the group of questions to each sub-user account and build eight separate PowerPoint decks (which is ugly, since now I'd have eight decks to maintain instead of one).

In a corporate environment, it would be really, really useful to build one PowerPoint deck and have…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback!

It’s a pretty difficult issue to solve/account for, and we’re not sure that in all situations it would be the best approach. That said, it’s something we’ve also considered.

The main issue is that the way our system works is it assigns specific, unique codes to each of your multiple-choice options. If you try to use the same poll question multiple times, we would have to somehow create copies of the poll question on the fly, then serve them instantly to the new presenter’s audience.

This is an awesome idea, but to make something like this work at the moment, we’d have to change some of how our system works and also dedicate a lot of development time into creating this possibility.

19. Cache Polls, Send Eventually

The wifi at my university is pretty terrible. However, my professor insists on using poll everywhere for quizzes everyday. Often, I miss a poll question simply because my computer or my phone cannot connect to the internet. I can't send via text because I don't have service. It would be nice if I could send the poll whenever I got wifi. Of course, this will may require a complete rewrite of your backend because a poll completely closes when the instructor decides to. And the code doesn't work afterwards. But maybe if the time the response was cached is before…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 81 votes
    Vote