Skip to content

Ideas

237 results found

1. Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values

Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values
    Current reporting for "Clickable Image" poll includes a data column (in the Pivot Table format) that has both the click coordinate values (0-100%,0-100%) and the Defined Click Region, if any. These are 3 separate values and should be reported in separate data columns; otherwise they have to be parsed in order to be used.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Clickable image poll result: Summary image

Clickable image poll result: Summary image
    Current Clickable Image poll results can be displayed two ways: (1) All the received clicks posted onto the image; (2) Tally of clicks that landed in defined Clickable Regions.
    Suggested addition: For polls where the key information is the coordinates - not any clickable regions - calculate a centroid - i.e. an average position of all the clicks, and show that on the same Results figure along with all the individual clicks. In some cases that would be pretty useful. The average coordinates could also be shown. Even better would be that centroid point,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Engaging Onscreen Results

More attractive/engaging output, for example, I get a more engaged audience response when I use UMU.com vs. PollEverywhere.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Sales Team does offer some custom branding for folks who want to host our web response page on your own URL and branding. Otherwise, we are looking at some ways to make this sort of branding initiative available on our retail plans to let you host our poll slides on your own web domain. But, for now it requires some custom effort either from us or your own developers. We’re happy to work with you to get it working though!

Thanks for the idea

Best,
    Brian – Product Manager of Poll Everywhere

4. Please update the iPad app for iOS 9 multitasking

The current version of the Poll Everywhere app on iPad does not allow for split view/multitasking, which was introduced to the iPad two years ago. Please support this functionality which is crucial for using PE on the fly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Color coding

We'd like to be able to choose specific colors for certain multiple choice responses in the bar/column charts

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll check with the team to see what this would take. Otherwise, the closest thing we offer today is our Heat Map view which will have each bar be a different color. However, the color of the bar will change based on how many people support that option to help show the “Leader”

If that sounds like something you’re interested in check out the visual settings menu > heatmap and see what you think

6. LMS - Success Factors

Add Success Factors as an option for LMS attendee data import.

Please and thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Translations in mobile app y response web instructions

Translations in mobile app and response web instructions

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have some translation support for our instructions on the live chart, however it will still be a little while before we can commit to begin working on the same level of support on the mobile application. There are just a lot more error states and other potential translation needs on our mobile app. And, this will add a significant amount of work for us to maintain.

In the meantime, I do recommend setting our chart translations. You can see how here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/presenting/language-support

9. Option to disable the newest response being larger

Option for instructor to disable the newest response being larger.
    At least this is what happens in Cluster mode when showing responses. If I am in a workshop with a group, asking for opinions or feedback about something, I would prefer all answers appear the same size.
    What I do know is send myself at the end an answer jusr with "x", but I would prefer to have the option to have all the answers the same size.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry that the “Clear” button isn’t obvious. We used to have all of those buttons have longer labels and it was titled “Clear responses” however we had to shorten the names for most of them for space as we added more controls recently and had some feedback that the buttons needed to be larger.

I’ll get a request out to our design to see if we can get some tooltips in the short-term. I know longer-term our plan is to move more toward a dropdown menu of options where we’d have more descriptive labels.

If you do want any more information about the Clear responses option you can read about it here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#clearing-responses

11. Duplicate a question adds it as the last question. Put it after the one being duplicated

Better still would be to support Ctrl+Drag so it can be placed anywhere in the list of questions

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually very recently looked into making the Duplicate option put the new question immediately after the original, but it turned out to be much more difficult and prone to bugs than we anticipated. With how important the order polls are listed (to be able to present from the website), we didn’t want to introduce the potential errors this would cause for us. Hopefully, we’ll be able to include this in the future when we come back to improvements to the poll list.

Otherwise, we do have drag-n-drop support for any poll questions you create. You can now click and hold on any poll question → and drag it to the desired location. You can read about this and other changes to our poll list here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/surveys-as-siblings/

12. When you have registered users, a teacher should be able to see who has answered the poll while its running.

When I pay to have registered users, I'd like to be able to see who has answered the poll while it is still active.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is available today for our open ended poll questions for text wall or cluster view. However, we do not have a place right now to display the which participants have replied for a multiple choice poll. I will need to follow up with our engineering and design teams for how we may do that.

In the meantime, here’s how you can display the registered students’ names on open ended polls

1. select the paintbrush icon on the open-ended poll to open the visual settings menu
    2. click on the Message Item accordion menu to expand it
    3. click the checkbox for the “Show participants” option

That will display the participants names on their response in real time .

13. Sort by group in Participant Response History page

In the Participant Response History page, allow to sort by group so I can see who has answered by the classes I teach.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this with our Gradebook report today. However, we didn’t add this filter for the Participant History Report. Although, I can look into what that would take for us to do.

Until then, I recommend using our Gradebook report for this. Here’s how:
    1. Have all of your students in Participant Groups based on class
    2. set your poll questions to registered participants only
    3. run a Gradebook report on all of the polls you are using for attendance
    4. To the right of the Gradebook report > select the Participants menu > and chose the participant group (class) that you want to report on. It will include all students who are in this group, but did not respond

14. Windows Universal Platform (WUP) app

Windows Universal Platform (WUP) App!
    No matter what windows 10 device is used, we'll be able to use the same app; computer, phone, xbox, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Lock answers upon hitting the Finish button

Have a way to lock out further responses from a student once they hit the Finish button on surveys. As it is now they hit "Finish" but they can still go back and change answers at will until the Poll closes. I realize I could disable the ability to change answers. But I want them to be able to change answers while taking the survey/test. But once they hit Finish it locks their answers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is tricky. We were trying to balance this to allow people who respond to a survey and perhaps forget to reply to an option → to be able to go back and try again. As well as if the person has accidentally closed/refreshed the page → let them open the survey again without losing the data. It’s a tough balance on security and ease of use.

I can definitely understand the desire to prevent this from an educators perspective to prevent cheating and perhaps use PE for a more quiz or other assessment based purposes. I’ll bring this up with our engineering team and see what options we might have.

Thanks for the feedback!

16. Voting results

Have a setting that only displays results after a certain amount of votes have been submitted. This way most people would not be influenced from the results as they are coming up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have the ability to hide the bar charts and the results while you are receiving responses: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/presenting/instructions-view

However, there isn’t a way right now to automatically switch from that to showing the results. It requires clicking the button while you are presenting. We’re always hesitant to add an automatic change that may take the presenter significant practice/exposure to get used to.

One thing we have been considering is the ability to customize a “click” or “presentation” flow that can become the default. Such as all polls would hide the results initially, then you could click the right arrow key to show the results, then the right arrow key again to move to the next poll question or slide. Would you be interested in something like that?

17. Make a check box poll type for multiple boxes

I'd love to allow the clickable image to make smaller boxes to click. Currently there is no "check box" questions. I need to poll how many criteria apply to the question from my audience. Currently the UI is too cumbersome to draw 20 boxes, for example, but suitable for <8. If you look at my poll here, you could see I'm almost set up to collect tick boxes on each category, but creating that many boxes is too difficult the way the current functionality is set up

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s a tricky one. I can see how you were setting it up, but it’s difficult to display that many options on a live screen.

The closest thing we currently have, that I might recommend, is to use a Survey and separate these out into several multiple choice poll questions.

Otherwise, I agree we’d need a new poll type for this sort of situation. It’s really clever idea – I wish we had a better solution for you out of the box. I’ll bring it up to our engineering team to see about feasibility.

18. Option to turn off "Answers to this poll are anonymous" icon and text

It would be nice to turn off the icon and text "Answers to this poll are anonymous" if it's anonymous and we don't care to show that on the screen. I have a client asking to not have that text on the result screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can hide the “Answers to this poll are anonymous” on the chart. If you go to the visual settings menu (pencil button on the chart) → then uncheck the checkbox that says “How to respond”

That will, however, hide the response instructions as well. It’s tough because we generally do want to assure people that it is anonymous. And, because anonymous polls prohibit many of our reporting features we wanted to make it very clear to the presenter as well.

19. Interface with EMAZE at www.emaze.com as you do with PPT.

Allow exporting text results through and Emaze Presentation just as you do PPT.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Placeholder slide: rather than random shot - just have title portion. That way, won’t ‘glitch’ while waiting for server connection

Currently the slide you’ll see in slide deck of PowerPoint is apparently randomly generated, sometimes capturing a chart with answer from previously run poll ( the last time you presented the deck live). This leads to cumbersome need to pull out the poll everywhere slides and reinsert them fresh each time you give the talk. Or else will risk a glitchy presentation and slide deck that has answers revealed from last presentation. The ‘placeholder slides’ poll everywhere uses do not update - they are truly just ‘placeholders’. The best solution is for those placeholders to be ‘clean’ and unrevealing of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! That’s really interesting to hear. We had a lot of discussions about whether to show or hide the results on the placeholder images. It was tough to try and decide.

I’ve shared this with our team and we’ll be checking in with other customers if they have a preference as well.

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base