Skip to content

Ideas

237 results found

1. Add Italian local number

hello, i'd like if possible an italian local number, so participants do not incur in excessive rates when answering to the various activities. Thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission! Please see this support article regarding international text messaging and SMS response. I would also recommend you talk to your carrier, many times when a charge is incurred it is due to the carrier's rates or policies. With that being said, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@polleverywhere.com if you are still encountering any issues. Thank you so much and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. 

2. Be able to amend the Q&A working when there are no questions

When presenting Q&A and there are no questions pending, the message says "Nobody has Responded yet. Hang tight! Responses are coming in" however it would be great to be able to customise that as we always hide the questions once they have been answered so it looks like we didn't get any!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Facilitate export of poll questions by modifying Executive Summary Report csv layout

Exporting poll questions to a plain text format would be very useful to instructors who want to create summative paper-and-pencil assessments using their PE questions. Currently the only export option (at least for those without university-wide or enterprise accounts) is to download an executive summary report, but that still requires deleting many columns and rows, and copying the questions over to the same column as the response options. A dedicated poll question export feature would be the best solution, but in its absence, a slight modification to the layout of Executive Summary csv reports would make those reports much more…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tags for Activities

Our university just started using Poll Everywhere for all faculty. Sharing activities is a breeze but it would be great if we could add tags or some other identifier to activities. I see a comment that a new search functionality is on the development roadmap. It would be great if some sort of tagging feature could be included to allow for easy sharing and search of activities between team members. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow presenters or moderators to answer questions by writing on the Q&A

It will be great to be able to answer the questions that the instructor cannot answer live directly in the Q&A activity. This also allows to have a TA answering the questions during the lecture.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automated Polling & Trivia

Enable polling that is automated and does not have to be manually advanced. USE CASE: I would like to have trivia on screen as people enter the room. Polls would be active for 20-30 seconds. Respondents would have 5-10 seconds to answer. After time expires, it can either reveal the answer or just tabulate the answer and move to the next question. You could have it pull from a categories as service (for a fee) or people could enter their own trivia questions for free.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a role below admin

Hi, Can you create a role below admin who has can see all users and their polls, but cannot create accounts?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Offer an option to include voting instructions on top of the poll title

Currently i hide the default instructions and need to create a powerpoint text box to get voting instructions top justified

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do now have a way to align the instructions on the Left, Center, or Right of the poll display. But, they do remain immediately beneath the title of the poll question. We’re always working to expand the customization of the poll chart and we will get there someday.

Until then, if you go to Visual Settings (the paintrbush icon at the top of the page) > then select the "How to respond’ menu to expand it > you can select to Left, Center, or Right Align the instructions.

Otherwise, if you are using our PowerPoint integration – you can actually resize where the poll image is displayed and enter the text anywhere you want. Here’s how:
    http://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/742254

9. Include group names in the searched text

The searched text only looks at the text in the polls. If it also searched on the group names, then this would help me limit the number of polls show on the My Polls page.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. live web pages - don't show PDFs?

Hi there,

Love the idea of being able to embedd live websites into my presentation, however, it doesn't seem to work when the page I point to has a pdf in it (the site I was pointing to that didn't work is: https://www.liv.asn.au/PDF/For-Lawyers/Ethics/5-04-12---CAP--guideline-(approved-by-LIV-Council- )

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to organize reports into folders

Folders for organizing reports.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please consider adding a New Zealand texting number (0064)

Yes we can text to the Aussie number, but my students will not be able to afford the international txting fee for an 0061 number.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re always on the look out for new phone numbers. If our two Australian based numbers are all causing international texting fees we’ll definitely be on the look out with our sms providers for a local number.

Unfortunately, they don’t have one just yet but we’ll be first in line when it becomes available.

13. Ability to resize custom clickable image polls

The polling space is way larger than the custom image that I want to use, so it would be helpful if I were able to resize the image once I upload.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is the clickable image poll too large when you are displaying the image on your projector/big screen or is it too large when displayed on your participant’s cell phones?

Currently, we try to auto-size the images to fit the space as large as possible by default. One potential workaround you might try is to use an image editor like Microsoft Paint and actually include some white space as a border around the image.

14. Exporting results in a PPT format

Add the option of expporting results into a PPT.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you interested in getting a screenshot of the poll results into PowerPoint? Basically the same thing that we display on the live poll. Or, a report?

If a screenshot of the results, we do have a pre-built way to insert the screenshots of polls directly into a PowerPoint presentation from our PowerPoint app. Here’s how:

1. install our powerpoint app at polleverywhere.com/app
    2. once installed, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the top right of PowerPoint
    3. select Insert → Screenshot
    4. then select the poll questions that you would like to insert the screenshots for directly into PowerPoint

We have some more info here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/new-powerpoint-placeholder/

15. Ability to adjust Fonts, etc within the multiple choice options

Would like the ability to adjust fonts, colors, size, underline, etc in the multiple choice options. This would be useful in grammar type questions, when we want people to notice the differences in the multiple choice options.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a workaround that I might suggest, let me know if this could work for you.

Our polls support LaTeX which is typically used by math or science professors to give equations. However, LaTeX also supports way to underline, bold, italicize etc… text in general.

You can see a bit how it works here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/power-users/latex

And, I usually recommend this website for examples around LaTeX (there’s a whole section on the formatting you’re describing): https://www.sharelatex.com/learn

Would that work for you?

16. Edit order of groups in the Participants screen

I'd like to change the ordering of the groups listed on the right side of the Participants screen. Possibly drag them up or down after clicking on the Edit button.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually have never heard of this before, but you are 100% right we do not currently have a way to reorder or customize those at all right now.

We’re generally trying to move away from drag and drop within the application to better support Tablets and mobile devices. However, I will bring up reordering the list for future enhancements to that page.

Thanks again!

17. Include vote results on Pivot Report for "Brainstorm" ideas results

When downloading results on a .csv file in the Pivot view, we lose the vote results from "Brainstorm" template. Can this be brought in as a field? I know the Exec Summary report right now has them but would be great to have this feature on the Pivot too.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please allow multiple answers from students in a compition mode

Please allow multiple correct answers from students in a compition mode.

Also students scoring results should be ranked in the MCQ mode please

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently you can decide on a left, right, or center placement for your logo next to the title of the activity. You can do this from Visual Settings on the right side of your activity.

1. Open the Title menu
    2. Scroll down to Logo and Alignment
    3. Select the alignment you prefer

We’re open to investigating what it would take to add more customization. What placements and sizing do you have in mind?

20. Open ended questions

Currently, is difficult to manually grade "open ended" questions. It would be wonderful to assign "correctness" to these type of questions. Open ended questions allow for a higher level of thinking than multiple choice but it is time consuming to calculate grades when not included in a report.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?