Skip to content

Ideas

64 results found

1. Free to anyone

You should make it free so you can get more people here.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we do need to continue to charge for our service. The only way we could make the product more free would be to turn it into selling people’s data and ad advertisements which is not the type of company we want to run.

That said, we do have a Free version of our product that will let you create as many questions as you like and receive up to 25 responses per question. It’s great for a smaller audiences

2. The Third-Party Assurance for International Polling

Since, many are left uncertain of the trustworthiness and validity of government polling, this polling system would—hopefully, and soon—be secure and credible enough from breaches, or tampering.

The single-vote, identification system, with a brief description (or a list of general information of the authenticated voter)—could help; along with creating an open forum, and categories with sub-categories for public voting of self-prioritizing topics/subjects/concerns (based on quantitative value) that the people would like to address. There could be a top 10, 20, 30, list column on the side-panel, and maybe an option for a small chatroom with a user-appropriate language-filter integrated for…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Clickable images with different pin color for different person voting.

Clickable images with different pin color for different person voting

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve actually spoken about this a little bit in the past around the office. It just comes up from time to time. Unfortunately, it’s very important for us to build features with the ability to scale because we also have many people who can use our polls for hundreds, thousands, or even tens of thousands of people. And, there just aren’t enough colors for it.

Thank you for the request! We appreciate the ideas coming in.

4. Change wording from anonymous to confidential

Requesting feature on behalf of Alex Hill (akhill@uw.edu). He shared that anonymous isn't really the correct terminology since once a poll is set to "make responses anonymous," we keep a record of the responses in our database. The wording should be changed to confidential instead.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, our anonymous functionality is pretty anonymous. It’s completely anonymous for the presenter or the person who created the poll and we will not give out your information even when asked as per our terms of service.

Furthermore, even if you are a fully registered participant → anonymous responses are stored differently in our database, specifically they are not directly tied to your participant record. So, while one of our engineers could tie a response back to a registered participant or phone number (if you replied by text message) this is only possible for 90 days. And, it takes a bit off effort on our side. So, even I or one of our customer support representatives would not be able to identify you.

Basically, we would only go through the effort of these database queries if the police requests us to.

I agree that “confidential” is slightly more accurate. Those…

5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

I understand the desire for this and it would be really convenient, however this is something that we just cannot do. Overriding the standard internet browser or slideware behavior and shortcuts is really dangerous and can cause a lot of bugs, as well as hurting our accessibility standards.

6. Correlate responses after anonymous setting?

A survey I created was originally set to anonymous. However, following the responses received, a colleague wanted the results correlated by attendees. Is there anyway to re-identify without creating a new poll?

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, there is no way to correlate the responses to anonymous questions and we do this intentionally.

When we say “Anonymous” we mean anonymous. If you have a question earlier in the presentation/survey that is identifiable such as “what is your name” and we correlate an anonymous response with this, then we are no longer anonymous. There’s just too many dangers and ways it could be abused and we owe our company’s success on both the Presenter and the Participant. Both must be protected. It’s the American Way.

So, while we understand where you and your colleague are coming from and you probably have only the best intentions, we just can’t rely on it.

Let us know if there’s anything else though! We appreciate the feedback and ideas

7. Have a QR code for each poll,

In addition to poll web link, add a QR code somewhere on the poll page. In this case the respondents can choose to directly scan the QR code and go to the poll instead of typing in the web address themselves. A QR code for downloading the poll everywhere app may be added as well, for promoting purpose of course.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Undo button.

Please have an undo button so you can reverse delete actions.

Regards,
    Shannon Hogan

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tick boxes for availability charts.

Make tick boxes for availability charts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We agree that it would be very cool to do this but there are just so many other availability and calendar type applications that it’s tough for us to compete with people who do this as their whole business like calendly.com

If you want to use our service to help determine availability or meeting times, I recommend using our Clickable Image poll to do this. Basically, you can load an image that includes a few different dates/times or is a full weekly calendar itself. Your audience than then load the page and drop a pin to display which times will work for them.

You can also do the same thing with a multiple choice poll if you have a few discrete/specific times in mind. We do this ourselves here in the office to schedule happy hours

10. register/certify user via text message

It would be great if users could register or confirm their identity via text message.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PO purchase option

I just worked to get permission to pilot your services this year, but my school can't purchase with credit cards or reimburse me for purchases. Since you don't take PO's for less than $500, I am going to find another method to pilot for formative assessment. I just wanted to give you feedback for future policy planning. Bummer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I understand. It’s like relationships…we’ve just been burned before.

This is one of the reasons we offer a free version of our service that has no time limit (although their is a limit to the maximum number of responses). You can sign up and test out all of our basic features here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/signup

Otherwise, please contact Sales@PollEverywhere.com – we try to stay flexible for any pilot programs.

For Purchase Order Info check out this page: https://www.polleverywhere.com/purchase-order

12. Bring back the Question Library!

You have removed the "Question Library" which is one of the main reasons that I signed up for a paid account. I understand your contract with Boundless expired but this was a very useful feature that should be replaced with something similar.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have our own “question library” where you may search for other Poll Everywhere users who have created polls with us at https://www.polleverywhere.com/polls

It’s searchable to find other people who have made public polls with similar topics. We’re always on the lookout for new partnerships like Boundless and we’ll be sure to jump on the first one that will work for us. Until then, polleverywhere.com/polls is what I recommend

13. Replace "Log in " button on mobile device.

Replace "Log in " button on mobile device. Many voters get hung up on the log in especially if the polls do not require log in. Develop a question that can act as a log in (collecting the data and syncing it to future responses.. Similar to the demographic questions on Bing Pulse.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do offer Custom Design for the Poll Ev page so you can customize the web response page where we can remove the Log In button from your response page. It comes with most of our Enterprise and Institution-Wide Plans and can be purchased on an ad-hoc basis. Send us an email to Sales@PollEverywhere.com if you are interested

Otherwise, this feature is currently just so necessary for all of our customers which require registered participants that it’s not reasonable for us to remove the button entirely.

14. Jeopardy option

I love polleverywhere. I use it all the time. I have a paid subscription. can I print this report ? when I print, it prints only 2 pages even though it has many pages. It would be nice if I can save it into a pdf format. Can I dowload the info to word or excel?

Could you include the option where poll should close as soon as 1st person answers like in Jeopardy & it should show the name of the person who answered? I know you might be thinking I am asking for too much.

I can insert…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not have an integrated way to print our reports to a PDF just yet, but we do plan on building this. In the meantime, you can print the reports with your browser or computer itself. Here’s how:

1.Right click on the report.
    2.Click “print”
    3.Then under Destinations click “change”
    4.Under Local Destinations select “Save as PDF

Otherwise, we do have a way to export the polls to .CSV (Excel). You can see the details for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/153772-can-i-get-the-results-of-my-poll-in-a-spreadsheet

Finally, we do have a full PowerPoint integration for Mac. You can see the details for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/487574-mac-how-do-i-insert-or-embed-my-polls-in-powerpo

Please feel free to reach out to us for specific questions at support@polleverywhere.com

15. Making Directions Plain and Simple

Fix the directions on the Polling screen. I use poll everywhere during conferences and everyone is always confused by the directions for texting. Its wordy and backwards.

Can you make it simple:
    TEXT: 12453

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do get this request from time to time. And, I promise we understand. But, there’s some reasons for this. One of the reasons for the wordiness is that we want to draw the eye of the participant to the instructions and shorter phrases can have people miss it. Another reason is when we were founded this is how SMS worked! Back in 2009 you had to enter the body of the message and then the number. And, while this convention is mostly gone it is dangerous to change such an integral part of how we work. In short, there’s a legacy for it.

There are a few recommendations I always give to folks who do not like our instructions. First, a reassurance that most concerns are handled by the presenter verbally describing the process in much more detail that we can do in writing. Next, if you are using…

16. NO RECORDING IF YOUR THE CREATOR

I JUST WANNA HAVE MY VOTES NOT RECORDED IF IM THE PERSON THAT MADE IT

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

BUT SEE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WANT TO TEST AND SEE IT IS WORKING, OR EVEN VOTE THEMSELVES. FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU, YOU CAN JUST CLEAR THE POLL BEFORE YOU RUN IT WITH OTHERS. ONE CLICK!

17. Music

music in the background would be great. loads of research to show the importance of music in education.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Clapping

A clapometer

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ahh, yup I understand the desire. We tried this back in the day with our short lived Dial Test. It just really did not work out for us. It isn’t what we do.

If you are interested in some real-time and general feedback we recommend either an Open Ended Poll to get some comments and feedback or a Multiple Choice Poll with a few simple answer choices to see how the audience is doing.

19. QR codes to vote for specific response

Responses in specific polls tied to QR codes!

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reset the participant count after a session is completed

We have several customers who use this and are always unsure of the number of participants to go with so for instance they may choose 700 dispute having 1000 – 1500 people in the audience because they know not everyone will participate but should close to 700 people start participating they may choose to upgrade.

If in a morning session 500 people participate and do not leave them if an additional 300 people join in the afternoon session the number of participants would be 800 although you could have anywhere from 300 – 800 people responding.

We need a way…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The participant count (the little red counter at the top of the My Polls page next to the Participant tab) only displays the number of current people who are actively in your session.

However, our count for the total number of responses allowed per poll question is currently the raw number of responses received for each question. For example, if you allowed each person to respond as many times as they like (we default to only 1 response per device) – they could respond 100s of times and max out your response total (that’s why our default is 1). So, you can use the total results counter as a good estimate for whether you may need to increase your plan level.

If anyone is curious of the number of individual/distinct participants the Executive Summary Report will display the number of distinct participants who responded to each poll question. You can…

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base