Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

155 results found

1. I would like to create a multiple choice question with an option "other, please specify"

For example,
    Where do you live?
    a) London, Ontario
    b) Strathroy, Ontario
    c) Woodstock, Ontario
    d) Other, please specify
    Therefore, I would like to set up a multiple choice AND open ended response in the same question.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

This is currently possible by creating two separate polls and then writing your own instructions (on a slide or handout for example).

Combining two on the same visual chart would be interesting. Any ideas/concepts on what that would look like?

2. Poll Export

CSV import/export of poll questions. Or any way to export poll questions at all.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback all. There are a few different workarounds that might work for you all, but we don’t have anything explicitly for this.

We do have a CSV importer to import poll questions. You can read about that here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/create-activities/import-questions

For students who missed class or just for generally sharing the content: I recommend either our Bulk Screenshot tool or maybe printing out an Executive Summary report.
    - the bulk screenshot tool will take screenshots of up to 10 polls that can then be shared via email or any other way that works for you. To do this: Go to the Polls page → select the polls you want → Click the grey Download button at the top → select Screenshots.

For exporting to CSV for records or internal purposes, I recommend using our Pivot Response Table report and then exporting that to CSV. That will create…

3. my country isn´t covered

Little but connected

58% of the population has direct access to the Internet, a figure that places it in the first penetration in Latin America, along with Chile. Uruguay also leads rankins average speed satellite broadband

Please!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. Easy assignment of segregation and marking options.

Easier ways to apply things like segregation of enabling grading to slide results (clicking checkboxes and applying it to al selections, etc.)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding NZ

Adding New Zealand coverage

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You should be able to incorporate video or audio clips from file or YouTube

show/play video or audio example and then ask students to pick answers based on what they are seeing/hearing on the clip. This would be great for assessment training. For example play an audio clip of lung sounds. Students then need to choose if they are hearing wheezes, crackles, stridor, or clear lung sounds.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Integrate with Checkpoint Learning for participant imports and credit exports

Checkpoint Learning is a popular LMS in the accounting industry. Because our regulatory standards require that we ask polling questions throughout a training for anyone who does not attend a live session, we use a lot of polling. It would be helpful to be able to import all our participants from Checkpoint Learning to Poll Everywhere and export credit back to them in Checkpoint Learning if they answer the polling questions.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  8. Show participants as they respond

Have two views. A presenter view and an audience view. I would like to leave the response chart up for my students to see while they are answering the question, but I also want to see who has answered and who has not. The way it is now I have to have my account open on two screens. One to run the poll and display out and one to show me which of my registered participants has responded. There is an app called eClicker that does this. It will show who has responded real time, but it lacks the response…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow multiple polls to be embedded on a PowerPoint slide

I would like the ability to put two different polls on one of my PowerPoint slides.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a sound play whenever there's a response.

I've made a live "I don't understand poll" for students who don't understand what I just said in lecture. If I see responses I would back-up and repeat or expand on the lecture point. Sometimes I don't know if there are responses without looking at it, so it would be nice if it could play a specific sound to let me know.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and interest in Poll Everywhere!

That’s an interesting idea! We’ll put it under review and talk about it. We’ll also let other users vote on your idea.

11. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Set criteria for correct answers for open-ended responses

I would like to ask my participants "fill-in-the-blanks" questions, for which there is only one right answer, but it seems my only choice is to manually code their responses later as correct or incorrect. What a hassle! Moreover, it's a pity I can't show the poll totals (e.g. 64% said "hablo", 30% said "habla", and 6% said "hable"). Even surveygizmo has a way to report patterns in open-ended responses... I really hope you incorporate this feature soon! Then you truly will be better than the iClicker.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the creator of the poll to edit the results to manually enter results.

I have a few students without cell phones or another technology device in my classroom. I go around and ask these students what they think the answer it. I would then like to add their responses to the result totals.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Permitting users to change how to respond messages in visual settings

By permitting me to change the respond message I could use PollEverywhere with my french classes, spanish classes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. include profanity filter in the "Edit Multiples" optons

It seems like an over sight that it is missing. But actually, this is something a user will either want to use on every single poll or not care about. It seems it would be better to create a global option to always use the profanity filter on every poll.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. email participants scores

I'm using the survey view to administer quizzes. I'd like a way to automatically give each student their personal score. Best would be if in response to submitting the quiz they get their score. But I'd also like a way to set up an email to mail them - if I have to score some open ended questions.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Binyomin,

Thanks for using Poll Everywhere!

This is an interesting idea! It’d certainly be really helpful. I’ve added this to the list of features we’re going to be discussing soon (we have these feature discussions a lot). I’ve attached your email address to it, so when we do implement it, we’ll let you know!

Thanks for the feedback!

17. Sort by groups

It would be nice if we could sort by groups

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  18. Consecutive grouped polls

When polls are grouped, be able to switch to the next one by clicking a NEXT button, or RANDOM within that group of polls.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it compatible with active inspire and the promethean software

I am a math teacher and love using your program. 2 things that can make it better. 1. include some sort of equation editor so equations can easily be inserted. 2. make it compatible with the active inspire (promethean planet) software.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out!

Have you tried using LaTeX in the option fields? It should work if you begin with “latex:”

Regarding Promethean Planet, I’ll keep my eyes open! I haven’t heard of a request for it so far, though.

20. See realtime results on participants mobile Web Response page

It would be really nice to have a an option to allow participants to see the realtime poll results (on their mobile device) once they have voted.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base