Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

99 results found

1. Record a Survey for Teacher Evaluations

Allow for setting up a Survey for the course to be recorded and exported to pdf for uploading to electronic evaluation forms for Teacher's End-of-year Summary report.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

You can do this today! With our surveys feature you can combine multiple questions into a single web survey which students/faculty can respond to. These surveys are styled for printing and you can use your browsers Print to PDF to print them out.

Here’s how to print the survey to PDF:
    1. navigate to the survey URL
    2. right click on the page and select Print
    3.Then under Destinations click “change”
    4.Under Local Destinations select “Save as PDF

You should then get a PDF version of the survey.

2. I would like to be able to add Hebrew font and add video/audio to questions.

I would like to be able to have Hebrew font capability and audio/video

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate with Keynote

Better integration with Apple and Apple products. It is very glitchy.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. Grouping Participants

Better way to group participants once they are linked to your polls. I can only color code the participants, but I can't find a way to sort or collect the names within a "group"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a few ways to sort your list of Registered Participants today. You can put your participants into Participant Groups. These can be created on the right side of the participants table. This will have color coded circles for each participant group. You may click on the circles on the right side to show/hide certain participant groups in the table.

You may also sort by first name, last name, email address, or created at date within the participant table. Finally, if that isn’t enough for you! You can also export the list of participants to CSV and sort within Excel.

5. Fixed feedback - second vote

Allow poll creator to send electric shock back to users of devices that got the question wrong - excellent motivator for pre-school.

Failing that, allow automated response to be sent back to user based on their vote - a kind of instant fixed-text feedback, before offering a second vote with which they can confirm or alter their response.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ha, well we probably won’t go the route of electric shock. I can only imagine the a meeting with our lawyer after that…

But, we do have an auto-reply message feature to allow any of our paid users to send a reply SMS or post a message on the web response page. You can see the details of this here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#custom_reply_messages

Our Change Answer feature is now available! Students may now click “Clear Responses” at the bottom of the page to change their original answer. And, if they are using text message – they may text Clear or Undo to the same number to change their response.

The combination of these two should get you 90% if not more of the way there

6. Start/Stop controls access from list

The Stop/Start button is more confusing now when the poll is being displayed, and there's no access to starting or stopping polls from the poll screen with a single-click. This is the only thing I dislike about the NEW pollev.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Lock/Unlock is our new concept of Start/Stop. We have a single button on the top right of every poll display that will be a grey Padlock icon. This will lock/stop a poll question and prevent any more responses from coming through.

For the most part, the “New” PollEv is based around the concept of activation. Usually I recommend just using our Full Screen feature to got through polls. Our User Guide will explain it better than I ever could. Check out our detailed explanation AND a video here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#presenting_from_the_web

Please shoot us an email to support@PollEverywhere.com if you have any trouble though!

7. Embed Code

Embeddable real time response screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Order survey questions

Ability to order questions in Survey View

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The order of polls in Survey View is determined by the order of the polls in your group. You can re-order your polls by hovering over a poll question, clicking on the “handle” to the left, and dragging your poll to the desired position in the group.

9. stop timer without advancing automatically to next poll

have a timer that stops a poll from accepting answers but that does not advance to the next poll -- when used in the classroom, then I could have a timed cut off for response, but would still have time to reveal student answers, correct answer, and discuss before manually moving on to the next poll

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. option to assign poll to a pre-existing group as you create them

The option to choose a group to save your poll to after creating it would be useful. Quicker than having to keep dragging it from the default ungrouped area into the appropriate group, particularly if you already have a very long list

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Integration

Google Slides integration. Keynote integration.

I would love to be able to export grades directly into my grading system (Skyward).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "X" for deleting open ended posts

Ability on the instructors end to delete unwanted open-ended posts. In a high school setting it would be nice to have a little "x" in the corner of the though bubbles in case a student writes something inappropriate, it is quickly and easily deleted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. rapid identification for abusers

be able to click on a response within 5 minutes window and determine the identity of who sent it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve already got this feature and you don’t need to wait 5 minutes! If you are using registered participation you can instantly see who said what. You’ll need a paid plan to use it.

14. Hide responses by default

Set up the do not show responses by default, and automatically switch to show responses once the poll closes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Did you know you can already hide responses by default? Hide responses on one poll, and set that poll as the template for all other polls on the settings page. Voila!

15. Allow access to the API

I would like to have access to the API so that I can create custom results displays based on the data from students in my html-based slides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your interest in Poll Everywhere!

We’ve actually already got an API that is available! Check it out!

api.polleverywhere.com

16. It would be helpful to be able to use superscripts and subscripts for only part of an answer (specifically for chemical formula)

The LaTex option is nice, but it doesn't address the need for superscripts and subscripts in chemical formula, where you only want it for a portion of the answer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ipad app

When will there be a "Poll Everywhere" app for ipad?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make taking attendance more effective

I would like to be able to take attendance using Poll Everywhere and see that my students are here or not. Currently, I pull up the report and it shows me who has responded. I'd like to see who in that group has NOT responded, so that I'll instantly know who is absent. It is time consuming to compare the class lists with the attendance poll. I would rather have a full list with all participants (whether they've responded or not.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We can do this with our new Participant feature added to our updated Reporting Suite. The step by step details for taking attendance and using Participant Groups can be found here:

https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605

Otherwise, the basics are;

1. Have all of your students in Participant Groups based on class
    2. set your poll questions to registered participants only
    3. run a Gradebook report on all of the polls you are using for attendance
    4. To the right of the Gradebook report > select the Participants menu > and chose the participant group (class) that you want to report on. It will include all students who are in this group, but did not responsd

19. more language support (in the interface)

I would like for all the onscreen instructions to appear in Spanish. I teach in an immersion program in which students cannot see or hear any English, and there appears to be no way to change the language in the settings so that all the text in the polls changes to something other than English. I'm referring to instructions like "Text a CODE to XXXXX", "Submit reponses at http:...", Total results", etc. All of the interface language should be viewable in the same language as my original text in the poll.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

You can now change the language support for the instructions on our chart visualization. Here’s how:

1. go to Settings by clicking the top right of the page
    2. select the Poll Settings tab
    3. choose which language under “What language should my instructions be in?”
    4. click Save

That will update the instructions for all of your existing polls and all newly created polls. You can always change the language in the future as well. If you have any feedback on our translations, just shoot us an email and we’ll see what we can do to make them better!

20. Need a competition leaderboard slide

Need a report slide that can show which team is in the lead based on previous answers. It is too awkward creating reports each time to do this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base