How can we improve Poll Everywhere?

ALLOW "CHECK ALL THAT APPLY"

I need you to allow students to check "all that apply" in a single response. Telling us to tell students to "respond as many times as they would like" is not a solution because I have 35 kids in each class and you only allow up to 40 responses on a paid account. Your "solution" only allows a couple students to respond more than once!

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do have a beta feature available that can be enabled to help address this issue. If you go to https://www.polleverywhere.com/labs and enable the option for “Disable duplicate responses” this will allow participants to respond with multiple options to a single poll question without allowing them to select the same option multiple times.

It’s our initial foray into this type of poll type or option. It does still count toward the ultimate response limit which is the base of most of our pricing right now and is therefore tricky to change. It is part of a longer term plan to change our count limit to individual participants, however that will still be some time away unfortunately. It will be a significant project for us with a lot of risks.

Thanks for the feedback, sorry I don’t have better news for you just yet.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, I'm shocked this is not an option. Too bad I just paid for a subscription under the assumption this was possible!

• Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That beta feature does nothing at all to address the core issue! The problem isn't students mis-clicking and selecting the right answer more than once, the problem is that PollEv treats choosing more than one option like it's more than one response in the first place. This is very frustrating, since I also purchased a plan which allows enough responses for the number of students in my class, but not enough for all of them to "respond" three times.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s important to understand that common core assessments ask students to check more than one answer on some questions (choose all of the correct/incorrect responses). The multiple choice question is evolving, PollEv should too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base