0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  2. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Use the new groups option to send poll using account details

I want to be able to create a poll then distribute it to one of my groups electronically, they can respond wherever they are.
    This will be extremely useful to setup polls to be responded too for flipped classroom feedback to ensure I can modify the next lesson if necessary, or collect important information over holidays or the weekend.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow a "test mode" for audience device displays

The ability to change the display on audience devices so that it's not obvious which answer was selected. It's almost impossible to not see what others have selected on their device. My work around suggestion was to force texting only for quizzes. Our faculty have observed rampant cheating on quizzes, especially in classrooms with raked seating. Apparently it's very interesting to watch from the back of the room and see the answers flow from the from to the back of the room.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is tough. My suggestion as a workaround for you all would be to use our multi-page Survey features for your quizzes in class. On these surveys when you submit a response > the student will be taken to the next question in the survey/quiz instead of leaving the question displayed until the professor/teacher moves to the next question.

Otherwise, this is a tough balance for us to fight against cheating and also abide by accessibility guidelines to allow students to know what they selected.

I’ll pass this along to some of our design team and see if they can think of anything clever we can do to satisfy both of these needs

5. Data vizualization freedom

Poll participants can create their own data visualizations. Woah.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  6. Text only (not requiring answer)

Text only. I want to have instead of a question at the beginning of the survey to have a set of directions explaining how to use it. There doesn't appear to be a "non question" type of design feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hide responses on Android version

Allow the hide responses option on the Android version. I appreciate that you have an app so we can lecture from a tablet or phone, but I don't like showing the responses until after everyone has responded.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m glad to hear you’ve been able to present from our Android application! I’ll bring this up with our design team and see if we can think of a way to do this. Right now, we do have a hide/show responses control in our application, but only as a remote control for our PowerPoint integration. So, we need to find a way to distinguish this from the remote control version.

Definitely something to look into for us. Thanks for the idea!

8. Quick Clear button for Google Slides

Would like to see a "clear results" button on the poll so when I do back-to-back Google Slides presentations, it would be easier to clear.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  9. Turn off voting while generating ideas in Q&A polls

When using a Q and A poll for idea generation/brainstorming, it's really hard to stop people voting while still in the brainstorming/idea generation phase. It would be great to be able to disable the voting feature until the ideas are all generated then turn it on for voting. It would also be good to be able to allocate a certain number of votes per respondent to limit how many ideas they can vote for. If this was a set percentage of the total ideas that the presenter can choose, that would be a really cool feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Very interesting idea! If I may ask:

- Would you still allow people to submit new ideas after allowing the voting? Or, would it be an up/down voting phase only
    - And, would you want to just have a button the presenter can click on the chart to begin to allow voting or a different method?

It’s a very interesting idea though! I’ll run it by the team

10. Make it seamless to use a Power Point doc with polls on multiple computers

Make it easier to use the Poll Everywhere plugin for Power Point.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there anything in particular that you are having trouble with regarding our PowerPoint integration? I know there a few trouble spots when using multiple computers with our application.

For example, are you having trouble installing the add-in? Or, maybe tracking which “user” is logged in within our PowerPoint application? Or, something else!

We’re always on the lookout for improvements.

11. Total the points in gradebook

In the gradebook feature, include a total of the points each poll taker has earned. As I have a paid subscription for my 300+ class, it would be so much easier when a student emails to just look and say "oh, out of the last 20 in-class poll everywhere quizzes, you've earned 15 points." Right now I have to manually add this up. While I appreciate you're integrated with Canvas & Blackboard, my University does not have this function available to me yet (or you'd bet I'd be using it). I've suggested it to them, but am considering switching to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Whew, 300+ class I can sympathize with that! My first recommendation is that all of our paid Higher-Ed plans (Including the Individual Instructor Plan that you are on) does come with our Canvas/Blackboard integration. So, if your university will let you, we can set that up for you with no extra cost. Just send an email to support@polleverywhere.com and we can get you set up.

Otherwise, outside of our integrations finding all the poll questions a students DIDN’T ANSWER is a little tricky for us. We record everything based on poll questions instead of students, so finding a “null case” is hard for our system right now. If enough people are interested, we’ll definitely prioritize it. Otherwise, I suggest our LMS integrations in the meantime

12. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you referring to our Open Ended Poll Questions? If so, the only way we currently have a way to organize them is with our Word Cloud feature which will show which words had the highest frequency.

What kind of grouping or analysis are you thinking of?

13. Confusion meter

Polls where a student can 'retract' their answer. A useful idea for us is a ' I'm confused' meter during a complex class. Students click to indicate their confusion and a screen pops up on the presenter PC/account. When the student is satisfied/no longer confused they can click it 'off' and the presenter PC/screen is updated to reflect this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cool idea! I might recommend hacking our multiple choice polls for this in the short run. Here’s something you could try
    - add a “I’m confused” answer choice for a multiple choice poll
    - all of our multiple choice polls have a Change Answer feature enabled by default
    - students who are confused can initially post that response and the change their answer once they understand
    - you’ll be able to see the “I’m confused” on the regular bar chart

14. Closed poll responses

restricting answers to a particular group (to avoid dummy accounts with inappropriate responses)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We recently built a way for us to restrict poll responses only to participants who are already registered with your account. It takes a bit of custom setup for us to do. If your university or organization is interested contact us at sales@polleverywhere.com and we can work it out.

A question for anyone interested that will help us flesh this custom (for now) work to everyone – Would you want to restrict these responses to a specific group/class? Or, would restricting the poll questions to registered participants at the university/organization as a whole work for you?

15. Adding NZ

Adding New Zealand coverage

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Countrywide Popular polls

Add polls based on popularity of the country, that way, the polls can not only cover local-level reviews of decisions or opinions from a single group, but you can also have country-wide reports of opinions on their land's most talked-about subjects and get opinions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching our Oscar!

That’s an interesting idea. I’ll be sure to add it to the agenda of our next planning meeting around libraries of polls!

17. PowerPoint plugin

allow the templates to be customizable within the presentation software tools like PowerPoint.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Customize default invitation email to be from institution, not name

We would like to be able to customize the invitation email to say the name of our school, not the name of the person sending the invite. We know there's a workaround of changing your name to be the name of the institution, but it would be nicer if there were a default that we could control as admins.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We do offer the ability to customize the body of the invitation email. Just click the “I’d like to customize the invitation message” and our hope was that this would be enough to give context to anyone receiving the message.

I’m hesitant to add an option to override the name of the person sending the invite because we want to have a public audit trail of who on the account invited the new users. For example, an account that has multiple Administrators may want to have some trail of exactly who sent the invite and who to follow up with in case there are issues.

There’s other better ways we can do this, but I don’t want to overcomplicate the invitation process with more settings.

I will have our design team look into setting the invitation as coming from the Organization Name in a prominent place in the email. I…

19. For multipule resonse such as 2 or more responses to a poll will give full credit or no credit at all (no partial credit/weighted grading).

For a multiple choice question: 4 of the 5 possible responses will be correct and be assigned one point total. If all four responses are selected with "Mark as Correct", and a student doesn’t select all 4 correct answers then they will receive a zero

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We do have a weighted grading feature that can be enabled from our Features lab section. It’s pretty stable, but we do not have all the features we want in it yet to be completely released by default. You can turn it on and try it out by doing the following:
    1. Click on the gear icon on the top right of the page and go to Settings
    2. Select Features lab on the left side of settings
    3. scroll down and click the Enabled button for Weighted grading
    4. click the Apply labs settings button at the bottom of the page

Then for any Multiple Choice Poll you can go to Edit > and assign specific points for each answer choice

20. Allow for personalized polling order output in created reports.

When reports are created, it organizes the polls by name instead of order presented to my class. So instead of seeing my questions appear in the order that they were presented (ex: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q1, Q2, Q3) they appear to be organized by name (ex: Q1, Q1, Q1, Q2, Q2, Q2, Q3, Q3, Q3). Can we set it up so that if I wish to view my students response patterns over the course of the quarter in a spreadsheet that they appear in chronological order? Or at the very least, in the order they appear listed…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base