Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

120 results found

1. allow teacher to edit response

if teacher asks for student names and gets some names plus ID numbers, it would be useful to be able to remove the ID.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Student Name / Identifier Appearance

Is there some way we could have either the student's name or NetID or some sort of identifier appear on the answer response screens for students? This would help course staff be able to quickly see if a student is polling in for another classmate when they have two polling devices open.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Are you asking to have the student’s name display on the pollev.com/:Username or web response page?

I assume you would be walking around a lab like classroom where they are using desktop or laptop computers to respond. Does that sound right?

Currently we just have a “hamburger” icon (those three horizontal lines) on the top right. We could replace that with the student’s first name if they are logged in. I’ll bring it up with the team and see if there are any dangers or complexities that I’m missing, but I think this should be straightforward.

3. Insert directions on how to respond with Poll EV app

For polling slides (below the question), directions are provided to learners on how to respond via web browser at PollEV.com and also for texting to 22333; however, most of our learners use the Poll EV app on their smart phone or tablets to respond. It would be nice if short directions were provided to use the Poll EV app as a means to respond.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is a really good idea, but it’ll be a little tough for us. There is a very limited amount of screen available on our poll chart and we don’t want to overwhelm it too much.

We’ll definitely have our design team see if they can come up with a good way to fit all of our different response instructions on the page.

4. Edit with Mobile Devices

Add edit feature to polls on mobile devices (android)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure, what sort of features or things would you like to edit from our mobile app?

For example, are you just interested in editing the poll title and answer choices OR do you want control for other features such as maximum number of allowed responses per participant, anonymity, ways to respond (Web, SMS, Twitter), or any visual settings (colors, font size, etc…) on the chart?

There are a low of options, so it would be great to know which are the most important for you. Thanks for the feedback!

5. Instant Crosstabs

Maybe this function is around already. I'd like a quick way to display crosstabs. For example, a way to show results from men and women, etc. I've done this in the past with a few steps involved, but it's not quite as slick as I'd like it to be.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, it sounds like you are describing our Segmentation Feature. You can see some details about how this feature works here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160751

We have some plans to really improve and revamp this feature to make it easier and prettier, but it’s still a little ways off yet. In the meantime, I’d recommend that article for how it works.

Is there anything in particular about the feature that is confusing or annoying?

6. Make it compatible with active inspire and the promethean software

I am a math teacher and love using your program. 2 things that can make it better. 1. include some sort of equation editor so equations can easily be inserted. 2. make it compatible with the active inspire (promethean planet) software.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out!

Have you tried using LaTeX in the option fields? It should work if you begin with “latex:”

Regarding Promethean Planet, I’ll keep my eyes open! I haven’t heard of a request for it so far, though.

7. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Students do have access to their response history which is automatically updated. And, this will include whether they got each question correct or incorrect.

To get to the response history:
    - click the menu icon on the top right of the pollev.com/Username page
    - then select “Response history” in the menu
    - the students can see their complete response history and whether they were correct or incorrect.

This is more of a workaround than giving an actual “score” in a notification or something, which I believe is more what you have in mind. We do have some other presenters who want to never show the correct answers or scores to students. So, there is some extra complexity here as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll definitely look into what this might take

8. Canvas Integration with Participant List

The Canvas Integration for the participant lists will update the list with new users but not remove the users that dropped the Canvas course. This is causing issues because we need to send an e-mail for students to reset their password prior to the first day of class so they are registered and several students are receiving the e-mail because they dropped the course.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

I can understand the frustration with students dropping the course. Destructive actions like removing students from participant groups are always a little dangerous because we don’t have a way to “undo” them. The last thing we want to do is to remove a student incorrectly and have them get zeroes or be unable to reply.

I’ll pass this along to our Integrations Team and see what we can do. We also need to dig in a little deeper to what Canvas allows. Destructive actions like deleting often have more permissions rules with an integration and we will need to make sure that we can do it with our current method of integrating with Canvas.

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry, I do not have a better workaround yet for you all.

9. Darken Screen After Responding

Redesign the user screen so that answers aren’t displayed more than a few seconds, and in a small box on computers. Our lecturers ask students to poll in with their individual response, then discuss with a neighbor and poll in again. With the large computer screens displaying student answers, there is no need for discussion as students will just look off of their neighbor's screen. This is a negative for our classes and it changes the way our lecturers teach, and gives cause to minimize the use of polling.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

That’s an interesting use case. I can understand why this would be helpful in a “lab” type setting. The way you describe it, to have the screen darken after a few seconds, would go against our accessibility guidelines for ADA compliance. We might be able to get by this with an “opt-in” feature that you could select. I would need to ask our design team if they have any ideas

One thing, have you tried our multi-page survey features at all? It’s designed for a more asynchronous teaching style to let students answer questions at their own pace. However, it does let them answer a question > click Next > and this takes them to the next poll question in the survey. At this point the students could discuss in pairs/groups about the question they just answered and then make adjustments/comments in a followup question. You can see a bit…

10. Integrate with webinar services

Easy integration with webinar services. Maybe code or the like.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

What sort of integration are you thinking of? I know some webinar services have some basic multiple choice polling where you can ask the attendees a quick multiple choice question within the webinar app. Are you thinking of something similar with Poll Everywhere?

Or, something entirely different! Let us know

11. Report customisation

Ability to customise columns (and column formats) for exporting report data. For instance, I don't need identifier data as most of my respondents are anonymous, but I would like to have seconds-level resolution on when responses happened.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  12. Response by web widget

allow to answer with the web widget an open ended poll(you can do it with a multiple choice poll, but not with an open ended)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Pictures from file

It would be nice to edit (re-size, crop, etc) and move an inserted picture when formatting the background of a poll.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s a great idea! The live polls are going to have a different underlying technology very soon. Once this change is in effect, we’ll be able to better customize things like this. Keep checking back to look for this!

14. PowerPoint DataSheets

I would like a live poll, activated through PowerPoint, could publish some data back into a DataSheet in PowerPoint. I run into this is a class where I want to use demographic data to sort my results and display them as a combine graph.
    I have been able to do this with Turning Point. I can get this data from reports, I just want it to be fed back live to my PPT.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve display of images in MCQ answers

Images in MCQ answers are very small on the presentation screen as they are at the end of a bar that would usually contain text. For MCQ questions using images in the answer could the screen estate be better utilized? Example attached. Matt

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  16. Presenters would like to be able to Password protect their polling sessions

This idea was brought to my attention by an educator. The idea is derived from the desire to ensure that students are present in class before participating. One easy way to do this is to apply a simple password or key required to access the presenter's pollev.com response page.

My initial idea is to integrate this into the user settings, in the Poll Settings of the Personal Info page.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  17. hmm

sidebar that groups separate polls so that it is more clear what will happen (what questions will be asked) when the poll is started

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  18. Post multiple responses from one sender

Allow users to send multiple responses. For example, give their own response and then respond to another's post.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  19. I need a SMS number from India

My audience will not be willing to send their feedback to a +61 country code number and incur international text charges!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integrate with Checkpoint Learning for participant imports and credit exports

Checkpoint Learning is a popular LMS in the accounting industry. Because our regulatory standards require that we ask polling questions throughout a training for anyone who does not attend a live session, we use a lot of polling. It would be helpful to be able to import all our participants from Checkpoint Learning to Poll Everywhere and export credit back to them in Checkpoint Learning if they answer the polling questions.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base