Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

120 results found

1. Allow Credit/No Credit Responses

Students enjoy the text wall and word cloud options, but currently cannot get points for them. Having a way to assign credit for responses given, without limiting students to specific words, would be a marked improvement to PollEverywhere's functionality. Making the innovative response patterns Credit/No Credit would really motivate and innovate the classroom.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This is interesting. Right now we do give a Participation Score with our Gradebook report that will give credit to students who respond to our Open Ended Poll like Word Cloud and Text Wall. However, our LMS integrations with Blackboard and Canvas do not send this participation score. They only receive the Correctness score. I suspect this is what is happening for you all.

I have opened up a request with our Integrations Team to look into the difficulty/complexity to send a “grade” for our open ended polls. We have to check with Blackboard and Canvas to find the best way to send this information.

Does that sound like it’s describing your situation?

2. Student Name / Identifier Appearance

Is there some way we could have either the student's name or NetID or some sort of identifier appear on the answer response screens for students? This would help course staff be able to quickly see if a student is polling in for another classmate when they have two polling devices open.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Are you asking to have the student’s name display on the pollev.com/:Username or web response page?

I assume you would be walking around a lab like classroom where they are using desktop or laptop computers to respond. Does that sound right?

Currently we just have a “hamburger” icon (those three horizontal lines) on the top right. We could replace that with the student’s first name if they are logged in. I’ll bring it up with the team and see if there are any dangers or complexities that I’m missing, but I think this should be straightforward.

3. Keep questions from appearing in User's response history (tests)

We would like to give graded Tests & Quizzes using the Survey feature. Our concern however is that the responses then show to the students/users in their response history. This could help them in future tests to see what they said previously.

Maybe this feature could be when the question is created, with a check box that says "restrict question and answer from showing in user's response history"

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We actually just released something very similar, although it does not go as far as you suggested. Our new feature will allow you to hide the Correct Answer from a student’s response history. So, while they will know what they selected previously, it does not let them know if they were correct. You can see some more details for this here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1130833

I’m hesitant to hide the full question and answer however. It’s common for student’s to accidentally register under a personal email address and this response history is the only way we have to rectify the situation. We also have a number of faculty who promote using the Response History for studying and reviewing for exams.

Do you think hiding the correct answer is enough or would more restriction help?

4. Student-to-instructor channel

It would be helpful to have a way for students to submit questions to the instructor in a way that allows the instructor to see who asked the question. The student question would by default NOT be visible to everyone, but the instructor could choose to make it visible in the system. Ideally, there would also be options to respond either directly to the student, or post a response to the entire group through the system.

The open-ended polls can be used for this, but I'd like to be able to have this option without launching a poll. (Also, I've…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Darken Screen After Responding

Redesign the user screen so that answers aren’t displayed more than a few seconds, and in a small box on computers. Our lecturers ask students to poll in with their individual response, then discuss with a neighbor and poll in again. With the large computer screens displaying student answers, there is no need for discussion as students will just look off of their neighbor's screen. This is a negative for our classes and it changes the way our lecturers teach, and gives cause to minimize the use of polling.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s an interesting use case. I can understand why this would be helpful in a “lab” type setting. The way you describe it, to have the screen darken after a few seconds, would go against our accessibility guidelines for ADA compliance. We might be able to get by this with an “opt-in” feature that you could select. I would need to ask our design team if they have any ideas

One thing, have you tried our multi-page survey features at all? It’s designed for a more asynchronous teaching style to let students answer questions at their own pace. However, it does let them answer a question > click Next > and this takes them to the next poll question in the survey. At this point the students could discuss in pairs/groups about the question they just answered and then make adjustments/comments in a followup question. You can see a bit…

6. lms

Requests integration with LMS Jenzabar

https://www.jenzabar.com/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Turn off voting while generating ideas in Q&A polls

When using a Q and A poll for idea generation/brainstorming, it's really hard to stop people voting while still in the brainstorming/idea generation phase. It would be great to be able to disable the voting feature until the ideas are all generated then turn it on for voting. It would also be good to be able to allocate a certain number of votes per respondent to limit how many ideas they can vote for. If this was a set percentage of the total ideas that the presenter can choose, that would be a really cool feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Very interesting idea! If I may ask:

- Would you still allow people to submit new ideas after allowing the voting? Or, would it be an up/down voting phase only
    - And, would you want to just have a button the presenter can click on the chart to begin to allow voting or a different method?

It’s a very interesting idea though! I’ll run it by the team

8. Allow for personalized polling order output in created reports.

When reports are created, it organizes the polls by name instead of order presented to my class. So instead of seeing my questions appear in the order that they were presented (ex: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q1, Q2, Q3) they appear to be organized by name (ex: Q1, Q1, Q1, Q2, Q2, Q2, Q3, Q3, Q3). Can we set it up so that if I wish to view my students response patterns over the course of the quarter in a spreadsheet that they appear in chronological order? Or at the very least, in the order they appear listed…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  9. Location Tracking

GPS tracking to discourage cheaters. Some stay home in their dorms/apartments and just wait for a poll to come up. We have to find clever ways to keep them from cheating.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This has always been a far-off dream for us and I 100% understand the desire to limit responses to only participants within the room. We have been waiting and hoping for GeoTracking technology to be reliable enough for us to use as part of our regular workflow. I have personally used Uber or enough times where they have me one or more city blocks away from my actual location and we really don’t want the same situation to prevent a student from getting any class credit.

That said, there are a few ways we could try to tackle the problem. Would something like this work for you?
    - you are able to set you poll questions to “Request the participants location” before they are able to respond
    - the student is then prompted to share their location on the phone/laptop
    - if Poll Everywhere is unable to determine the location…

10. merge surveys

I'd love a way to merge survey response from different classes after doing the same survey with different groups

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Presenters would like the ability to limit polls to specific registered participant groups

This was brought to my attention by a professor who is concerned that students may stumble across the response page when a poll is enabled for a different class or section. The idea is to have a secondary optoin under 'Registered Participants Only' that would further limit access to the polls to participants who are registered in a specific participant group on their user profile.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure! So, currently we have a lot of background color options and the ability to upload a background image. Are you thinking of something like background “templates” sort of like how PowerPoint or Keynote use for slide backgrounds?

Otherwise, on fonts – are there any in particular you are looking for that we don’t have right now?

13. Integrate with webinar services

Easy integration with webinar services. Maybe code or the like.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

What sort of integration are you thinking of? I know some webinar services have some basic multiple choice polling where you can ask the attendees a quick multiple choice question within the webinar app. Are you thinking of something similar with Poll Everywhere?

Or, something entirely different! Let us know

14. Presenters would like to be able to Password protect their polling sessions

This idea was brought to my attention by an educator. The idea is derived from the desire to ensure that students are present in class before participating. One easy way to do this is to apply a simple password or key required to access the presenter's pollev.com response page.

My initial idea is to integrate this into the user settings, in the Poll Settings of the Personal Info page.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  15. Zapier Integration

Please integrate with Zapier.com so we can push data to wherever we need it to go!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  16. Data Visualization of Results

Enhance data visualization options for poll resutls

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Report formatting

Report formatting needs significant improvement.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Absolutely, is there anything specific with our reports that are causing you difficulties or frustration?

Is it more how we are displaying the results with our current 5 report types? Or, that you would like more flexibility in how we format and display the reports? Or, something else entirely!

We have made some recent changes with how our reports display open ended responses and we are in the process of updating how they display clickable image responses to be more readable and more comprehensive.

We’re definitely up to reviewing how reporting capabilities for improvement

18. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Confusion meter

Polls where a student can 'retract' their answer. A useful idea for us is a ' I'm confused' meter during a complex class. Students click to indicate their confusion and a screen pops up on the presenter PC/account. When the student is satisfied/no longer confused they can click it 'off' and the presenter PC/screen is updated to reflect this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cool idea! I might recommend hacking our multiple choice polls for this in the short run. Here’s something you could try
    - add a “I’m confused” answer choice for a multiple choice poll
    - all of our multiple choice polls have a Change Answer feature enabled by default
    - students who are confused can initially post that response and the change their answer once they understand
    - you’ll be able to see the “I’m confused” on the regular bar chart

20. Report customisation

Ability to customise columns (and column formats) for exporting report data. For instance, I don't need identifier data as most of my respondents are anonymous, but I would like to have seconds-level resolution on when responses happened.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base