Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

99 results found

1. Have multiple clickable image icon settings

I spoke with Sejal (vashi@hsph.harvard.edu) and she was using the clickable image (emotion one). She wanted to change up the icon (maybe to an arrow) on the clickabe image and change the color of the drop pin but there isn't a way. She would like to request these options be added to our clickable image

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We have just added the ability to change the colors of the Pins for our clickable image polls. Here’s how:

1. Open the clickable image poll you want to edit
    2. click the Visual Settings button on the top right of the poll display
    3. expand the menu titled “Clicks received”

You will then have the option to change the default pin color, the color for correct answers, and the color for incorrect answers.

Click ‘Save’ to apply the new colors.

2. Allow creation of a template on website as currently exists on plugin

Just as I can create a template when working on powerpoint, I'd like to have a template when creating polls on the site. Eg., it appears my polls are randomly assigned by the system to be anonymous vs. not. I'd like to set it so that all polls are anonymous, applied to existing polls and future polls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. P.E. on Google Slides

Make polls live and usable on Google Slides

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Edit survey

The edit screen needs adjusted. When editing a survey, you cannot see the 'correct' response. Overall very clunky.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Completion count

I want to see how many people have voted on a specific slide. Currently I can see that 70% have chosen B and 30% have chosen C, but I don't know how many are done at this point on this slide (when do I move on?)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Default Group & Survey Collapse

Allow collapse all groups and surveys by default and allow this setting to be locked. Great numbers of groups and surveys can require lots and lots of scrolling or clicking when this feature is not available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have a “Collapse all” feature on our My Polls page. If you click the checkmark toward the top of the page (just above the Ungrouped area) → you should see an option to Collapse all. That will collapse all of your groups and surveys. It will persist with one exception – the Ungrouped group will expand by default when you log in or refresh the page. This is something we do plan on addressing, but is actually a very difficult technical problem as that is our “root” group.

Will that work for you?

7. NATIVE LTI INTEGRATION

Provide native Canvas LTI Integration as the Univerity of Florida will not provide a root level “Developer Key” (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10847-4214445806)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  8. Figures in the question

Allow pictures/figures in the question text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a couple of different ways to show pictures while displaying our chart. We have a new side-by-side image option that you can read about here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/instruction-image/

And, we’ll be adding some improvements to that very soon. Otherwise, for mathematical or scientific expressions you can use LaTeX https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/power-users/latex

And, we also have full emoji support for our question titles

Hope this helps! And, thanks for the feedback

9. Posting images as a question, not a clickable image.

Let us post a photo in place of typing a question! I have many quizzes that I have as PDFs that I have to retype, whereas when I used iclickers or SMART clickers I could just upload the screenshot of the question, and then type in the answer choices. It would make my life MUCH easier when I have questions that include scientific symbols and equations!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change font size

Allow us to change the font size of the responses so people in the back of larger groups can see easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow formatting of font sizes in options for multiple choice questions when not displaying as graph

Currently there is no option to determine the font size of the text that is added as the answer for multiple choice questions. The options sometimes display as single line text (although not all the time, they seem to randomly change size) when not showing the graphic display. Since some of the options are rather wordy in my polls, they display at a tiny, barely readable font.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. word clouds that can be embedded into google slides

Word clouds that can be embedded into google slides

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't over-complicate it

I've been using Poll Everywhere for several years and it remains my all time favourite edtech tool. It's strength for me has been its simplicity and ease-of-use. While I always welcome improvements to the interface I am slightly wary of feature creep. So my request is for simplicity. Please don't spoil what you have by expanding the functionality to meet all users' requirements. Matt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Matt! I promise our design and engineering teams do their best to keep things as simple as possible. At the very least, keeping the initial and critical workflows as simple as possible. We’ll have some small tweaks to the main My Polls page which I think will also help simplify some of the UI as well.

Let us know if there’s ever anything you see that starts to be more confusing than helpful

14. Question Bank

bank of standard questions for teachers who may be new users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. multiple questions per link

need to create multiple questions for one weblink. easier for users

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add number of participants to bar graph

When posting bar charts, it would really be helpful if the number of participants involved in that bar could be listed on the bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this right now! By default we display the percentage of responses for each bar, but we are able to switch to display the count.

Click on the grey paintbrush icon on the top right of the poll chart to open our visual settings menu > then select “Count” under the Response Totals section

For more details you can go to our knowledge base articles here:
    https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/750882-change-response-totals-between-count-or-percent

17. Export from Blackboard Exam questions without retyping into polls.

Be able to export test questions from Blackboard without retyping them into poll.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. liking of student contribution

'like' function so that students can like questions/comments that have been submitted by students in an open question format

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Participant list should not show every person in the account to all users

We have 10,000 participants and growing in our enterprise account. Users can see every participant in the course which is both confusing and intimidating. This is useful from the admin perspective, but regular faculty/staff users should only be able to see participants in the groups they have set up. They should be able to search for a participants across the account, but not see the entire list, unless they choose to.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This is out and available! We changed our default displays for the Participants Table. Here’s a breakdown of the logic

- If you are a regular user (faculty member), when you go to the participants page it will only load the participants that are in Participant Groups that this particular user has made. So, it will only load and display the courses that professor has uploaded

- If you are a regular user and use the Search menu, then it will search over all of the participants on the account.

- Account Owners and Admins will still see all of the participants on the account by default.

- All users may click the Ungrouped option on the top right of the page to see all of the registered participants (students) on the account

Hope this helps! And, please let us know if you have any feedback

20. visible scores for respondents

right or wrong visible for poll responders

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Educators' Ideas

Categories