Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

78 results found

1. Put the poll count UNDER the background

The poll count is sometimes not readable because it's the same color as the background/photo of the poll. I would suggest you put it underneath so it is more clearly readable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Hi David,

Thanks for using Poll Everywhere and offering some feedback!

We took a different stab at solving this issue. Can you try it yourself and let us know if you think it could be improved?

We made it so that the Total Results is the same color as the Axis Labels. You can change the color of both of these in the Visual Settings pane, Chart tab and towards the bottom.

http://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160737-visual-settings

2. iMessage integration.

Any thoughts of integrating iMessage into the data collection the same way text messaging works? For example instead of texting to 41411 you could iMessage to poll@polleverywhere.com with a keyword or number?

I think this could become very valuable especially in the classroom environment with iPads.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Clint,

Thanks for your interest in Poll Everywhere and feedback!

We’ve considered doing something like this, but we actually think it’ll complicate things when there’s an easier method. If students can send iMessages, they have an internet connection, which means that they can visit pollev.com/reserve pages to vote on poll questions.

Hope that clarifies things!

3. A second tier pricing

A second tiered pricing option, where someone could have increased poll responses (100-200?), but have a limit on how many surveys per year. This would service the occasional presenter (like a sub teacher or a h.s. staff @ a small church where you expect to do polls only once in a while). Right now, the price difference between K-12 teacher and the presenter is huge. A middle tier option with a limit on # of surveys per year (to control the polleverywhere's cost) would be nice. I think that would attract the middle tier presenters, who would like to have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Give schools another option

I am fine with the 40 vote limit, but we should have a trial for the unlimited, even if just for a day, to make sure our text inflow could handle it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest and feedback!

We actually process all of our votes from all of our customers through the same funnel type system and we receive tens-of-thousands of votes every day. For this reason, we feel 40 votes is adequate for gauging how the system works and processing things, as our system handles 40 votes the exact same way as it does 4,000.

As far as cell tower ability to handle students texting at the same time, they already account for this, as students are usually all already texting at the same time.

Hope that helps clarify our reasoning!

Have a great day!

5. Text Students

It would be great if teachers could text the question to students and the students respond via text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. QR code in the presentation

If the presentation could have a QR code so the students could "scan" and vote, that would be great. They wouldn't have to take the time to write the website address. Not a big deal, but that would promote the use of another technology, and shorten the process of voting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gregory!

That’s a great idea! We’ve thought about things similar. The thing is, we’d have to make it very large, since students would be capturing it from a distance, and that would interfere with the actual poll question itself.

7. Survey Results Summary & Intro Button

When I create a survey I would like to show a summary of the results in the form of a pie chart by survey or bars. For example if I ask 5 questions with a or b responses or a - d responses it would be great to see Question 1: the group picked "A" by 60% and "B" by 40%. I like "/Intro" but can you make that a button to just enable versus typing it in every time?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re unlikely to expand the survey offerings to include a results summary or /intro button. Our main focus is on live interactive “responses system” style voting as opposed to distributable web forms.

8. Drag poll answers around

It would be nice if you added a feature to be able to drag and drop multiple choice answers. Sometimes I like to reorder my answers when I'm creating a multiple choice quiz. It would be more convenient to be able to drag them around instead of having to delete the text to switch them around.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest and suggestion!

It’s currently possible to click the up and down arrows to the left of the answer options when you’re on the editing page. You can click those to move that specific answer around, rather than deleting, etc.

Hope that helps!

9. integrate with Prezi

We like to use prezi for presentations.. it would be very cool if we could easily integrate poll everywhere with prezi.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’d love to, and we used to. Unfortunately, Prezi decided not to support an integration. More info here: blog.polleverywhere.com/goodbye-prezi/

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it free!

Don't ask for money.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your interest in Poll Everywhere!

The ability to show correct answers is part of the Grading feature, which is a feature of paid plans. Thus, with the Free plan, you do not have the ability to show correct answers.

If you would like to use the Grading feature, depending on the size of your classrooms, you could get it for as little as $15 per month!

13. How do you clear the poll archive?

I would like to clear the archived poll data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea! We currently have several ways to copy polls on the website, as well as create multiple polls at once via the site. Tying this in directly to PowerPoint would require some sort of downloadable program or plugin, which we currently are trying to avoid.

16. Droid Icon..hmmm

Just downloaded Droid App and the Poll Everywhere icon is a little wweak. 3 blue lines... For the amazing creativity of the site can you please design an icon that will PoP and sepeate yourself from all the other icons on my smartphone? Be bold, make me say, "wow" - Love you guys! This is going to revolutionize my teaching my elem kids.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Tim,

We value design and iconography as well! Except we don’t have an Android App (yet). I checked and looks like the app you found is published by someone called “techrocket9.” And all it does is send a text message through a different looking interface. I’d recommend not using it.

Steve

17. pricing

For $50 a year, it seems I should get more than 40 students. I am the library teacher for my school and would like to put up polls that all my students can weigh in on and would happily pay the $50 a year. I have just over 1,000 students in my school.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Creating polls that would allow the entire student body to participate in would require either a monthly Business and Non-Profit Plan (www.polleverywhere.com/plans) or a School Wide Plan. There is a real cost to the messaging space needed to support these plans, and unfortunately, we wouldn’t be able to stay in business with the pricing model you propose.

18. Adjust font size automatically to avoid cutting off questions or response options

I keep having titles or response options cut off on the display because they are too long. I can get them to display by tinkering with the font size, but it takes an excessive amount of time. If the interface would just adjust this automatically, it would save an incredible amount of time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, we already do! However, the system is “weighted” to favor legibility and defaults to larger sized options which can cut off longer option choices. This is because most of our users use shorter options.

That being said you could set a template poll in your settings using one of your existing polls with the larger options. This will apply similar visual settings to the ones you create in the future. You can set a template poll in yoru settings here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/profile/edit

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories