1. Admins assist users with polls

Allow admins to help with polls by users

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Sure! Administrators on accounts with multiple users can do this today through the Account Polls menu. The administrator can go to the My Polls page > then select Account Polls on the left side of the page. The Account Polls page will show the polls for all of the users on the same account that you have permissions access to. From here you may view their polls, view their results, and make certain edits to them.

If you do not see the user who you are trying to help on the page you may need to adjust your User Group settings in order to have permission to see this users poll’s. You can see more details for how that works here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/802212

2. Google Apps Integration

Better Google Apps integration

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Grouping Participants

Better way to group participants once they are linked to your polls. I can only color code the participants, but I can't find a way to sort or collect the names within a "group"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a few ways to sort your list of Registered Participants today. You can put your participants into Participant Groups. These can be created on the right side of the participants table. This will have color coded circles for each participant group. You may click on the circles on the right side to show/hide certain participant groups in the table.

You may also sort by first name, last name, email address, or created at date within the participant table. Finally, if that isn’t enough for you! You can also export the list of participants to CSV and sort within Excel.

4. option to assign poll to a pre-existing group as you create them

The option to choose a group to save your poll to after creating it would be useful. Quicker than having to keep dragging it from the default ungrouped area into the appropriate group, particularly if you already have a very long list

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display Total Votes when Showing Percentages

It appears that when one chooses to show percentages instead of votes that the total number of votes is not displayed. It would be helpful if the total votes remained on the the screen for both options (or could be selected as an option). When I display percentages I have no way of knowing how much of my audience has participated in the poll.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. List multiple clickable polls under one link and let my students pick which to answer.

Hello, I just signed up at pollev.com/username. I entered one just for fun to test it. Since I teach multiple courses to different levels, is there a way to keep the link like a homepage, where my freshman, can click the poll labeled with a poll that has the day's date and freshman in parenthesis 7.17.13FRESHMAN or 7.17.13SOPHOMORE

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Copy multiple polls at once

Copy multiple polls at once

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Nicer themed slides

nicer themed slides

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  9. Integrate with Keynote

Better integration with Apple and Apple products. It is very glitchy.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  10. Start/Stop controls access from list

The Stop/Start button is more confusing now when the poll is being displayed, and there's no access to starting or stopping polls from the poll screen with a single-click. This is the only thing I dislike about the NEW pollev.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Lock/Unlock is our new concept of Start/Stop. We have a single button on the top right of every poll display that will be a grey Padlock icon. This will lock/stop a poll question and prevent any more responses from coming through.

For the most part, the “New” PollEv is based around the concept of activation. Usually I recommend just using our Full Screen feature to got through polls. Our User Guide will explain it better than I ever could. Check out our detailed explanation AND a video here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#presenting_from_the_web

Please shoot us an email to support@PollEverywhere.com if you have any trouble though!

11. Need a competition leaderboard slide

Need a report slide that can show which team is in the lead based on previous answers. It is too awkward creating reports each time to do this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  12. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  13. Participant list should not show every person in the account to all users

We have 10,000 participants and growing in our enterprise account. Users can see every participant in the course which is both confusing and intimidating. This is useful from the admin perspective, but regular faculty/staff users should only be able to see participants in the groups they have set up. They should be able to search for a participants across the account, but not see the entire list, unless they choose to.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This is out and available! We changed our default displays for the Participants Table. Here’s a breakdown of the logic

- If you are a regular user (faculty member), when you go to the participants page it will only load the participants that are in Participant Groups that this particular user has made. So, it will only load and display the courses that professor has uploaded

- If you are a regular user and use the Search menu, then it will search over all of the participants on the account.

- Account Owners and Admins will still see all of the participants on the account by default.

- All users may click the Ungrouped option on the top right of the page to see all of the registered participants (students) on the account

Hope this helps! And, please let us know if you have any feedback

14. Lightweight presentation integration

Better integration with a wider range of presentation software (e.g., I can only install poll.ev app on computers I have admin privileges on, which mean no lecture theater computers).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are always working on our slideware integrations and looking for new ones. This may not work for everyone, but if you are unable to install our PowerPoint integration then I would highly recommend our Google Slides integration which runs off a Chrome Extension https://www.polleverywhere.com/app/google-slides

Or, if you are using Office 365 on a Windows PC you can try our Office 365 app as well!
    https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104218073&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&appredirect=false

Hope this helps!

15. Multiple Classes Multiple Quizzes/Polls w/ Grades Excel File Export

Have multiple polls/quizzes for mulitple classes active at the same time. Have students register with name, school ID, and class period so results can be downloaded via .csv file for importing into class gradebook :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah! I hear you. There are a few ways to make this happen today. You can use “participant groups” to register your students in different classes and then export their answers with our Gradebook report. We have the workflow for this on our Attendance Best Practices Guide, but it should work with what you have in mind for organizing by class: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605-attendance-best-practice

Otherwise, have you tried our Survey View? This is a link that allows students to take quizzes/polls on their own time (asynchronously). We’re expanding on our survey capabilities right now and you can check it out and let us know how it goes.

Read about survey view here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/152111-can-i-combine-multiple-questions-polls-into-a-su

16. international language support

Hi there,

Our teachers love using Poll everywhere but not all of them are bilingual.. Any plans to have it in different languages? We will be happy to help with Turkish and French translation / localization.

Many thanks,
    Metin Ferhatoglu
    Director of Technology
    American Robert College

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  17. Canvas w/Polleverywhere

Integrate with Canvas if you haven't already?!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. latex and images combined -- also survey view??

Question images don't show in survey view? Latex not possible for questions in any view? Also, would like to have the ability to ask questions like
    <instructions, written in text> latex: <formula>

thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We got it! You can now have inline LaTeX in the title of the poll question, in the answer choices, and they will display on the pollev web response page (including surveys) for your students.

You can use the TeX shorthand of $$ to enter your equation.

1. click the Create Poll button
    2. Type your question $$ your equation in LaTeX $$ the rest of your question
    3. click Create and you are done

You can see detailed instructions and screenshots for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/891297

Remember to start your question or answer option with “$$:” so we know to convert it properly.

19. attendance

some way of tracking class attendance

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this with our new Participant feature added to our updated Reporting Suite. The step by step details for our best practices to attendance and using Participant Groups can be found here (note this will require one of our plans which comes with Reporting features):

http://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605

Otherwise, the basics are;

1. Have all of your students in Participant Groups based on class
    2. set your poll questions to registered participants only
    3. run a Gradebook report on all of the polls you are using for attendance
    4. To the right of the Gradebook report > select the Participants menu > and chose the participant group (class) that you want to report on. It will include all students who are in this group, but did not responsd

20. ASL as an option

Embedded video so we could use ASL in our questions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base