Skip to content

Ideas

25 results found

1. Wrap text with LaTeX formatting

Text with LaTeX formatting does not wrap in all areas and sometimes scales down to fit on a single line. Specifically, response options do not wrap.

This results in readability issues due to the small text size.

Enabling wrapping for LaTeX text in all areas will improve readability and consistency across the product.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission! We are in the process of releasing our visual chart redesign. We will be addressing LaTex wrapping with this release. For now as a workaround I would recommend changing the font size to a smaller size in order for it to fit within the screen. Thank you again for providing this feedback and please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do to help. 

2. For multiple choice, there should be a gradebook report option to count multiple correct answers.

For multiple choice, there should be a gradebook report option to actually count multiple correct answers. Currently, if someone chooses any correct answer, they get a point awarded, and if they choose two correct answers, they still just get one point awarded. But it makes more sense to have an option (maybe through a tick-box on the question itself) that multiple correct answers should aggregate scores. So if there are two correct answers, each worth one point, someone who chooses just one should get one point, but someone who chooses both should get two points. (This should also come with…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automatic DEactivation of final poll question on PowerPoint slide advance, and greater flexibility for automatic deactivation

It would be extremely helpful if there were an option to deactivate a poll question upon advancing to the next non-poll slide in a PowerPoint presentation, without exiting presenter mode. (Currently a poll only deactivates if the next slide is also a poll; that means the final poll is left active if no intentional action is taken.) That way I wouldn't have to remember to manually lock the last poll before moving onto the next (non-poll) slide of my PowerPoint, thus reducing the number of moving parts I have to think about when teaching/presenting. It's an entirely common-sense suggestion, and…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Move QR codes out of Beta

The QR code feature has been in the beta feature for like 3 years now, but is now even more indispensable when students are responding to polls from a mobile device maybe in addition to accessing live teaching remotely on their computer. How about mainstreaming this and making it an easier/default feature for already time-poor and high-stressed lecturers? Instructions for the Beta route: https://support.polleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260804261070-QR-codes

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support for Searching/Filtering Activities

Maybe I am just missing it I do not see a way to search or filter activities. Just a title based search would be extremely helpful. Please add a search functionality to Activities page.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve Screenshot Options

Your screenshot tool is not intuitive or overly useful. I tried following your instructions to insert activity screen shots into a new PPT, and the inserted slide has blank data.

There is no way to indicate or select a specific run or data set, so if your runs are archived, you can't insert into PPT.

And the screen shot I pull from the Word Cloud activity from the response section isn't usable. The screen shot has the message "no images received" on top the image.

We are holding employee engagement sessions, and asking the same questions multiple times. I was…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug: Option to Visual Settings Missing in PowerPoint Controller

When I run the activities from the website, i.e. full screen, I can see the option to Visual setting in the controller. But this option is missing when I am inserting the activities into my PowerPoint and presenting the slides.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sway code embedding

This is not a new idea. I used live slides previously and was able to embed my sway code into power point presentations for live view of sway, however I am not being able to do so with poll everywhere.
    Its a very nice and important feature. But not working in poll everywhere now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Easier access to Alt text fields when using graphics in questions and answer options.

Just discovered how to access Alt text fields when using graphics in questions and answer options. In these days of WCAG standards and focus on Accessibility, we should not have to go into the backend, through My Settings and find the non-intuitively labelled "Features Lab" as the way in to find and choose to turn on "Image alt-text". This needs to be built into your Poll creation interface in a more intuitive and UX-friendly way. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow inserted videos to begin mid-stream

The feature to insert YouTube and other videos into presentations is great, but often one wants to start the video at some other point than the beginning. Please add a feature that allows a video to begin at a specified number of seconds into it!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let the payment info be associated with an email other than the one for the account

Hello! I work for a gov't agency, and only a few of us have company credit cards. Because the account and payment are tied to the account login info, I have to pester the account-holder for the payment receipt every month. Please make it so that either the billing info can go to a different email address, or make it so I can be cc'd on the receipt so I don't have to bother the manager for it when I go to balance my credit card statement. Thanks for your consideration!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hide/show results in class

Some instructors would like to be able to hide the poll results from their students until the poll is complete but would like to see the results themselves in real time without having to use a second device for the mobile app..

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. CSV template to import questions for Competitions

I've had good success with Competitions already, but it would be nice if CSV template functionality was added for this category. It's a lot easier to create a poll that way.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow group members to copy questions to the entire group of collaborators instead of writing finding each email address one by one.

We have faculty working with a group of TAs. The faculty regularly share a group of questions to TAs and would like to share to all of them by searching for the name of the group rather than searching and adding each group member.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We are beginning work on a project we hope will address these sorts of collaboration issues. The goal is to allow one person to share a selection of their poll questions with a User Group who will all be able to present, but not edit, those polls.

There’s plenty more to it than that and lots of details, but that is it in a nutshell.

Thanks again for the feedback and stay tuned for more information on that project. We’ll be posting about in the next few months.

15. Give access only to the attending students.

It would be great if only the attending students can response to the active survey or quiz. If a student is registered in the class, he still can take the survey even though he is not attending the class. This feature will be very helpful in taking the class attendance. I would recommend having an access code for each survey displayed on the board. Attending students only can see it and type it in to access the survey. This feature can be added to the survey setting, such as Restrict to participants with access code only.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve discussed a few different ways we might do this. I’d like to ask if this would work for you:

If the title of the question is not displayed on the mobile device, so the only was a student could know what you are asking is if they can see the chart, would that be sufficient for you?

It isn’t fool proof, but we’re a little hesitant to add in the complexity to reply that it takes to enter a long, rotating code. There’s just a balance we’re trying to strike between ease of replying and preventing any cheating.

16. Adding language support to the PollEv Response Page (currently affects only the poll slidesn not the web page people go to)

the languages change currently affects only the poll slides and not the web page people go to to submit their response.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is part of a long term plan for us. However, localizing the language for the response page is a significant effort for us because of just how many errors, warnings, and other general text that we display. That is why we began with the Response Instructions on the slide.

I can’t say when we’ll get there, but we hear you. Thanks for the feedback!

17. Re the "empty the poll" button

1. The button for emptying the poll is right next to the one for locking
      the poll. When I lock the poll I am usually in a hurry (like in a
      class), and I made a mistake hitting the wrong button (and the buttons
      look similar enough when the instructor is in a hurry). I think it would
      be best for the emptying button to be in a separate place (like at the
      bottom where the recycle bin is usually located).

2. If emptying the poll is undoable (until saved?), that would be a
      great feature to have, I think.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create a setting to disable drag-and-drop in the poll list

I have a number of faculty who use tablet computers to interact with Poll Evferywhere. They are not allowed to install apps due to administration and security issues, so they interact with Poll Everywhere using a web browser. The problem is that they have to use the touch screen to scroll around the page, and very often they will accidentally pick up and drag a poll to a different group, or just rearrange the polls in the group.

Is there a way to add a check box or account setting to disable this drag and drop feature when using a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble with this! I spoke with our engineering lead for our My Polls list and we should be able do something for this. We got this in our backlog of work and hopefully will have a solution soon.

I’m not sure if we will add a checkbox or account setting to purely disable the drag-n-drop to reorder. I expect to either add a delay that requires pressing down on a poll for several seconds to enable the drag functionality or we will make it so that dragging on happens on a specific part of the screen.

Thanks for the feedback!

19. Display Answers to Multiple Questions

Allow the ability to poll for question 1, then poll for question 2, and then display the answers to questions 1 & 2 next to each other.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Does Poll Everywhere intend to create an email-alert list for admins that announces performance issues and outages? While the status page is

Does Poll Everywhere intend to create an email-alert list for admins that announces performance issues and outages? While the status page (https://status.polleverywhere.com/) is quite helpful, it would be more helpful to also have an email-alert list for admins when issues like this occur so we can be proactive and contact our users to let them know about these issues. Solely relying on the status page is not ideal since admins will either have to monitor it regularly to keep aware of issues, or, in the lease ideal case, admins will have to check the status page whenever a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can understand this completely Joe. We subscribe to multiple type lists ourselves. We are currently finishing up a process of changing services for all of our support and email services which has put a pause on introducing more support features until that settles down.

This is definitely something we plan on implementing, I’ll bring this up to the team and see about when and some of the details for how.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base