Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

106 results found

1. more than 250 chars per question

seems an absurd limit. really a problem for my classroom usage. I'd maybe try to use powerpoint, but that facility is buggy, you can never tell how big the slides will turnout on presentation I saw in my testing.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the feedback! The character limit is due mostly to a lack of screen real estate on the chart view. We limit the number of characters to preserve legibility.

PowerPoint is a good alternative. If you’re experiencing a bug, please email us at support@polleverywhere.com so we can get it sorted out.

2. Download Poll List with Meta Data only

Menu option to download .csv file that consists of a list of your polls with columns for: question; question type; creation date; modified date; # responses; # runs; whether responses have been deleted; when deleted; group (if any) to which the poll belongs. this would give us ability to sort the polls and consider how to reuse polls, etc. essentially, the ability to download the meta data separately from the data. Right now reports allow you to include some meta data but as part of the download of data content.. great product!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This is an interesting one. I can understand the desire. We do store most of the information that you specified (questions type, creation date, last modified date, # responses, and # of runs could be calculated. We do not track deleted responses/groups after a few days).

Will it work for you if we ONLY display this information on the CSV download? Otherwise, in the short run if you are interested in some of that information and if you’re willing to wait a few days – you can contact our support team at support@polleverywhere.com and if it’s reasonable, we will be happy to try and get some of that information for you manually as a workaround.

3. Video

Let us post videos. It would be cool to show students video clips through youtube or self uploading and have students answer questions off of the videos.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. Instant Crosstabs

Maybe this function is around already. I'd like a quick way to display crosstabs. For example, a way to show results from men and women, etc. I've done this in the past with a few steps involved, but it's not quite as slick as I'd like it to be.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, it sounds like you are describing our Segmentation Feature. You can see some details about how this feature works here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160751

We have some plans to really improve and revamp this feature to make it easier and prettier, but it’s still a little ways off yet. In the meantime, I’d recommend that article for how it works.

Is there anything in particular about the feature that is confusing or annoying?

5. confidence questioning

The ability for students to state their level of confidence with respect to the answer they give to a question.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make RF clickers obsolete

Figure out the tough engineering problem of LTI integration, even if it is a different version of Poll Everywhere that is integration only. I want PollEv (or similar product) replace crude RF clickers, not simply be a substitute for them.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Post multiple responses from one sender

Allow users to send multiple responses. For example, give their own response and then respond to another's post.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have full screen mode on the web able to take slide clicker inputs.

Have full screen mode on the web able to take slide clicker inputs.

This sounds redundant because you have PollPresenter for Powerpoint/Mac, but I find that fullscreen presentations from the web are much faster and more reliable than PollPresenter.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe this is currently possible with some slide clickers. Fullscreen mode honors left right arrow key inputs to navigate between polls. So, if your slide clicker can send these keyboard inputs, you should be all set.

9. Poll Export

CSV import/export of poll questions. Or any way to export poll questions at all.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback all. There are a few different workarounds that might work for you all, but we don’t have anything explicitly for this.

We do have a CSV importer to import poll questions. You can read about that here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/create-activities/import-questions

For students who missed class or just for generally sharing the content: I recommend either our Bulk Screenshot tool or maybe printing out an Executive Summary report.
    - the bulk screenshot tool will take screenshots of up to 10 polls that can then be shared via email or any other way that works for you. To do this: Go to the Polls page → select the polls you want → Click the grey Download button at the top → select Screenshots.

For exporting to CSV for records or internal purposes, I recommend using our Pivot Response Table report and then exporting that to CSV. That will create…

10. my country isn´t covered

Little but connected

58% of the population has direct access to the Internet, a figure that places it in the first penetration in Latin America, along with Chile. Uruguay also leads rankins average speed satellite broadband

Please!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Easy assignment of segregation and marking options.

Easier ways to apply things like segregation of enabling grading to slide results (clicking checkboxes and applying it to al selections, etc.)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You should be able to incorporate video or audio clips from file or YouTube

show/play video or audio example and then ask students to pick answers based on what they are seeing/hearing on the clip. This would be great for assessment training. For example play an audio clip of lung sounds. Students then need to choose if they are hearing wheezes, crackles, stridor, or clear lung sounds.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show participants as they respond

Have two views. A presenter view and an audience view. I would like to leave the response chart up for my students to see while they are answering the question, but I also want to see who has answered and who has not. The way it is now I have to have my account open on two screens. One to run the poll and display out and one to show me which of my registered participants has responded. There is an app called eClicker that does this. It will show who has responded real time, but it lacks the response…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  14. Have a sound play whenever there's a response.

I've made a live "I don't understand poll" for students who don't understand what I just said in lecture. If I see responses I would back-up and repeat or expand on the lecture point. Sometimes I don't know if there are responses without looking at it, so it would be nice if it could play a specific sound to let me know.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and interest in Poll Everywhere!

That’s an interesting idea! We’ll put it under review and talk about it. We’ll also let other users vote on your idea.

15. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set criteria for correct answers for open-ended responses

I would like to ask my participants "fill-in-the-blanks" questions, for which there is only one right answer, but it seems my only choice is to manually code their responses later as correct or incorrect. What a hassle! Moreover, it's a pity I can't show the poll totals (e.g. 64% said "hablo", 30% said "habla", and 6% said "hable"). Even surveygizmo has a way to report patterns in open-ended responses... I really hope you incorporate this feature soon! Then you truly will be better than the iClicker.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow the creator of the poll to edit the results to manually enter results.

I have a few students without cell phones or another technology device in my classroom. I go around and ask these students what they think the answer it. I would then like to add their responses to the result totals.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Permitting users to change how to respond messages in visual settings

By permitting me to change the respond message I could use PollEverywhere with my french classes, spanish classes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. include profanity filter in the "Edit Multiples" optons

It seems like an over sight that it is missing. But actually, this is something a user will either want to use on every single poll or not care about. It seems it would be better to create a global option to always use the profanity filter on every poll.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. email participants scores

I'm using the survey view to administer quizzes. I'd like a way to automatically give each student their personal score. Best would be if in response to submitting the quiz they get their score. But I'd also like a way to set up an email to mail them - if I have to score some open ended questions.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Binyomin,

Thanks for using Poll Everywhere!

This is an interesting idea! It’d certainly be really helpful. I’ve added this to the list of features we’re going to be discussing soon (we have these feature discussions a lot). I’ve attached your email address to it, so when we do implement it, we’ll let you know!

Thanks for the feedback!

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base