Educators' Ideas

81 results found

1. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Sure! So, currently we have a lot of background color options and the ability to upload a background image. Are you thinking of something like background “templates” sort of like how PowerPoint or Keynote use for slide backgrounds?

Otherwise, on fonts – are there any in particular you are looking for that we don’t have right now?

2. merge surveys

I'd love a way to merge survey response from different classes after doing the same survey with different groups

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Confusion meter

Polls where a student can 'retract' their answer. A useful idea for us is a ' I'm confused' meter during a complex class. Students click to indicate their confusion and a screen pops up on the presenter PC/account. When the student is satisfied/no longer confused they can click it 'off' and the presenter PC/screen is updated to reflect this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Cool idea! I might recommend hacking our multiple choice polls for this in the short run. Here’s something you could try
    - add a “I’m confused” answer choice for a multiple choice poll
    - all of our multiple choice polls have a Change Answer feature enabled by default
    - students who are confused can initially post that response and the change their answer once they understand
    - you’ll be able to see the “I’m confused” on the regular bar chart

4. Shared on Google Classroom

Google Classroom
    I wish that it could be shared with Google Classroom, now that it works with Google Slides. Then, I could post a Poll Everywhere assignment that my students could answer in the evenings or on weekends.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are working on a big expansion to our Survey View feature which will allow for asynchronous polling/surveys that might work for you. Basically you could post a link to a survey quiz for the students to take as homework. We’ll have a big release for it when it’s available and hopefully this will work for you.

5. hmm

sidebar that groups separate polls so that it is more clear what will happen (what questions will be asked) when the poll is started

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Insert directions on how to respond with Poll EV app

For polling slides (below the question), directions are provided to learners on how to respond via web browser at PollEV.com and also for texting to 22333; however, most of our learners use the Poll EV app on their smart phone or tablets to respond. It would be nice if short directions were provided to use the Poll EV app as a means to respond.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is a really good idea, but it’ll be a little tough for us. There is a very limited amount of screen available on our poll chart and we don’t want to overwhelm it too much.

We’ll definitely have our design team see if they can come up with a good way to fit all of our different response instructions on the page.

7. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Student-led blogs and polls

Blogging capabilities? Maybe a section where students could create and host their own polls.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Edit with Mobile Devices

Add edit feature to polls on mobile devices (android)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure, what sort of features or things would you like to edit from our mobile app?

For example, are you just interested in editing the poll title and answer choices OR do you want control for other features such as maximum number of allowed responses per participant, anonymity, ways to respond (Web, SMS, Twitter), or any visual settings (colors, font size, etc…) on the chart?

There are a low of options, so it would be great to know which are the most important for you. Thanks for the feedback!

10. increase the character limit for questions

Some poll questions may have a longer stem than 250 characters; can you create a new template that allows for longer questions? thanks

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adding teacher input

See if you can design a platform like Class Flow which combines slide sharing with polls. Also, you can start getting teacher input on questions to post per grade and subject content area to increase your database of questions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add graphic organizers

Create a way for students to update graphic organizers, like a venn diagram and have it able to show live on the website.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  13. 20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  14. Daily rather than per poll participation

For Gradebook, let answering one poll/day (or one in a select group of polls) to give full participation

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Realtime Line Graph

I would like to see a feature on PollEverywhere that allows a progressive poll throughout a class period, which shows up as a line graph.

For instance, I may ask a question at the beginning of the class, and students answer. Some may change their minds as the lesson progresses and we read more of our book, so I could take another poll with the same question. Then again at the end of class. We could discuss how opinions change based on perspective.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea! Instead of a Line Graph – do you think it would work for you if we instead have Grouped Bar Charts, so you can compare before/after?

This was you would have two bars of different colors to compare the before/after responses for each of the answer choices to a multiple choice poll. It would not let you pinpoint the exact time the students changed their minds > but it does give you a very easy/quick way to compare how their choices changed from the beginning vs end of a lesson. It would look something like this: https://goo.gl/Bgf9oW

What do you think?

16. signal to close poll

An indicator when over 95% of participants have polled in (allowing an initial poll to set baseline for session).

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have a setting to “Show total results” which will show the total number of responses you have received for an individual poll question. It will be displayed on the bottom right of the chart. You can use this to get a count of responses and then chose to move on when it hits an amount. To show the total results on the chart:
    Click the Paintbrush icon to open visual settings menu > select Show total results at the bottom of that menu.

Would it be enough for us to allow you to preset an amount and when the “Total Results” nears or hits this number we provide some alert on the chart to notify the presenter?

I’m hesitant to have us try and guess when a poll question has received all of the responses that it will receive. We do not want to try and control the…

17. more than 250 chars per question

seems an absurd limit. really a problem for my classroom usage. I'd maybe try to use powerpoint, but that facility is buggy, you can never tell how big the slides will turnout on presentation I saw in my testing.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the feedback! The character limit is due mostly to a lack of screen real estate on the chart view. We limit the number of characters to preserve legibility.

PowerPoint is a good alternative. If you’re experiencing a bug, please email us at support@polleverywhere.com so we can get it sorted out.

18. Download Poll List with Meta Data only

Menu option to download .csv file that consists of a list of your polls with columns for: question; question type; creation date; modified date; # responses; # runs; whether responses have been deleted; when deleted; group (if any) to which the poll belongs. this would give us ability to sort the polls and consider how to reuse polls, etc. essentially, the ability to download the meta data separately from the data. Right now reports allow you to include some meta data but as part of the download of data content.. great product!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting one. I can understand the desire. We do store most of the information that you specified (questions type, creation date, last modified date, # responses, and # of runs could be calculated. We do not track deleted responses/groups after a few days).

Will it work for you if we ONLY display this information on the CSV download? Otherwise, in the short run if you are interested in some of that information and if you’re willing to wait a few days – you can contact our support team at support@polleverywhere.com and if it’s reasonable, we will be happy to try and get some of that information for you manually as a workaround.

19. Video

Let us post videos. It would be cool to show students video clips through youtube or self uploading and have students answer questions off of the videos.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Instant Crosstabs

Maybe this function is around already. I'd like a quick way to display crosstabs. For example, a way to show results from men and women, etc. I've done this in the past with a few steps involved, but it's not quite as slick as I'd like it to be.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, it sounds like you are describing our Segmentation Feature. You can see some details about how this feature works here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160751

We have some plans to really improve and revamp this feature to make it easier and prettier, but it’s still a little ways off yet. In the meantime, I’d recommend that article for how it works.

Is there anything in particular about the feature that is confusing or annoying?

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base