5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
kbeaugh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re working on solving this through two different ways with our PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides integrations.

1. We’re working on creating a quick and easy way to insert up to date screenshots of your polls into your slide deck with a single button. This way you can easily create “Review Decks” to send out after class or to post on your LMS.

2. This is the real interesting one (for me anyway). We’re going to change the old grey placeholder image with a screenshot of the poll. So, you’ll be able to see your poll question, answer choices, and responses in edit mode > go to presentation mode > and it will load our live polls as normal. This will be a longer project for us because we’ll need to work out how often to update these screenshots and to make sure they’ll work with all the different slideware integrations.

I’ll post here as we progress. But, we should start seeing some changes in the next few months

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminBrian from Poll Everywhere (Product Manager, Poll Everywhere) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay great! So, we have two different problems here.
    1. you want to be able to see the poll question on the regular powerpoint slide when you are not in slideshow mode.
    - this is a little tough with the way our current add-in works. I would say this in definitely a dream of ours, but it is a little ways off yet. In the meantime, I recommend looking at the Notes section of PowerPoint to see the title of the poll question

2. you want to be able to send the PowerPoint deck with the poll results to your students so they can review the content on their own time. Perhaps even posting the deck on Canvas or Blackboard.

- the second part is in our immediate plans and we hope to start working on this pretty soon. This would allow you to share the PowerPoint deck including the poll results from the class/lecture without those students/colleagues to install our add-in or be in slideshow mode.

• Santanu Vasant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the ability to look at polls, share them and print them off would be good. Knowing what the question title and options was on a .ppt file offline would also be good, because at the moment staff don't know what the question is on a slide with Poll Everywhere embedded.

• kbeaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, I was thinking that it would be nice for contributors to be able to see the poll question and results even if the poll is not open for responses. So, kind of a "view only" feature - I use PollEverywhere for quizzing students and to solicit anonymous, noninterrupting questions from the quiet ones, and I think it would be useful if they could access the polls when studying.

Feedback and Knowledge Base