Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

120 results found

1. Use the new groups option to send poll using account details

I want to be able to create a poll then distribute it to one of my groups electronically, they can respond wherever they are.
    This will be extremely useful to setup polls to be responded too for flipped classroom feedback to ensure I can modify the next lesson if necessary, or collect important information over holidays or the weekend.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a "test mode" for audience device displays

The ability to change the display on audience devices so that it's not obvious which answer was selected. It's almost impossible to not see what others have selected on their device. My work around suggestion was to force texting only for quizzes. Our faculty have observed rampant cheating on quizzes, especially in classrooms with raked seating. Apparently it's very interesting to watch from the back of the room and see the answers flow from the from to the back of the room.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is tough. My suggestion as a workaround for you all would be to use our multi-page Survey features for your quizzes in class. On these surveys when you submit a response > the student will be taken to the next question in the survey/quiz instead of leaving the question displayed until the professor/teacher moves to the next question.

Otherwise, this is a tough balance for us to fight against cheating and also abide by accessibility guidelines to allow students to know what they selected.

I’ll pass this along to some of our design team and see if they can think of anything clever we can do to satisfy both of these needs

3. Data vizualization freedom

Poll participants can create their own data visualizations. Woah.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. Text only (not requiring answer)

Text only. I want to have instead of a question at the beginning of the survey to have a set of directions explaining how to use it. There doesn't appear to be a "non question" type of design feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  5. hide responses on Android version

Allow the hide responses option on the Android version. I appreciate that you have an app so we can lecture from a tablet or phone, but I don't like showing the responses until after everyone has responded.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m glad to hear you’ve been able to present from our Android application! I’ll bring this up with our design team and see if we can think of a way to do this. Right now, we do have a hide/show responses control in our application, but only as a remote control for our PowerPoint integration. So, we need to find a way to distinguish this from the remote control version.

Definitely something to look into for us. Thanks for the idea!

6. Turn off voting while generating ideas in Q&A polls

When using a Q and A poll for idea generation/brainstorming, it's really hard to stop people voting while still in the brainstorming/idea generation phase. It would be great to be able to disable the voting feature until the ideas are all generated then turn it on for voting. It would also be good to be able to allocate a certain number of votes per respondent to limit how many ideas they can vote for. If this was a set percentage of the total ideas that the presenter can choose, that would be a really cool feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Very interesting idea! If I may ask:

- Would you still allow people to submit new ideas after allowing the voting? Or, would it be an up/down voting phase only
    - And, would you want to just have a button the presenter can click on the chart to begin to allow voting or a different method?

It’s a very interesting idea though! I’ll run it by the team

7. Confusion meter

Polls where a student can 'retract' their answer. A useful idea for us is a ' I'm confused' meter during a complex class. Students click to indicate their confusion and a screen pops up on the presenter PC/account. When the student is satisfied/no longer confused they can click it 'off' and the presenter PC/screen is updated to reflect this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cool idea! I might recommend hacking our multiple choice polls for this in the short run. Here’s something you could try
    - add a “I’m confused” answer choice for a multiple choice poll
    - all of our multiple choice polls have a Change Answer feature enabled by default
    - students who are confused can initially post that response and the change their answer once they understand
    - you’ll be able to see the “I’m confused” on the regular bar chart

8. Adding NZ

Adding New Zealand coverage

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Countrywide Popular polls

Add polls based on popularity of the country, that way, the polls can not only cover local-level reviews of decisions or opinions from a single group, but you can also have country-wide reports of opinions on their land's most talked-about subjects and get opinions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching our Oscar!

That’s an interesting idea. I’ll be sure to add it to the agenda of our next planning meeting around libraries of polls!

10. PowerPoint plugin

allow the templates to be customizable within the presentation software tools like PowerPoint.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  11. Customize default invitation email to be from institution, not name

We would like to be able to customize the invitation email to say the name of our school, not the name of the person sending the invite. We know there's a workaround of changing your name to be the name of the institution, but it would be nicer if there were a default that we could control as admins.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We do offer the ability to customize the body of the invitation email. Just click the “I’d like to customize the invitation message” and our hope was that this would be enough to give context to anyone receiving the message.

I’m hesitant to add an option to override the name of the person sending the invite because we want to have a public audit trail of who on the account invited the new users. For example, an account that has multiple Administrators may want to have some trail of exactly who sent the invite and who to follow up with in case there are issues.

There’s other better ways we can do this, but I don’t want to overcomplicate the invitation process with more settings.

I will have our design team look into setting the invitation as coming from the Organization Name in a prominent place in the email. I…

12. Allow for personalized polling order output in created reports.

When reports are created, it organizes the polls by name instead of order presented to my class. So instead of seeing my questions appear in the order that they were presented (ex: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q1, Q2, Q3) they appear to be organized by name (ex: Q1, Q1, Q1, Q2, Q2, Q2, Q3, Q3, Q3). Can we set it up so that if I wish to view my students response patterns over the course of the quarter in a spreadsheet that they appear in chronological order? Or at the very least, in the order they appear listed…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Wordpress Plugin with Shortcodes

Build a Wordpress plugin as well as a Woocommerce plugin

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  14. my country isn´t covered

Little but connected

58% of the population has direct access to the Internet, a figure that places it in the first penetration in Latin America, along with Chile. Uruguay also leads rankins average speed satellite broadband

Please!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Permitting users to change how to respond messages in visual settings

By permitting me to change the respond message I could use PollEverywhere with my french classes, spanish classes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Single Sign On

Single Sign On for profiles already on your website

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

We do offer SAML Single Sign On for our enterprise level clients, however it is not available for our retail plans. Anyone who contacts us at sales@polleverywhere.com or visits polleverywhere.com/enterprise can see some more details for it.

Otherwise, I suspect you would like something like a Google or Facebook SSO option. If that is the case it is something we have considered, but we don’t have any short-term plans to implement. It adds a significant risk towards people creating duplicate accounts as we need to add handling for people to connect their Gmail (or something similar) to their Poll Everywhere account. And, it can cause trouble and require a lot of merging if someone isn’t sure if they used their personal or work email and such.

We’ll definitely consider it though. Thanks for the idea!

17. Lock down for summative assessment

Lock down option for simple summative assessment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe you’re referring to a way to prevent students from accessing other applications on their phone/device while replying to polls or surveys. Let me know if that isn’t what you all meant here.

We don’t have any immediate plans to implement this as it is particularly invasive for us to do with our iOS and Android Apps and hurts a lot of accessibility rules.

One thing we have been discussing, and I’d love to hear if it would work for you all. is to track any time a student leaves or closes our site/app and share that information in a report with the professor. That does involve some more work to audit the report, but helps prevent any honest mistakes for the student and keeps us out of Apple’s bad side.

Would that be sufficient for you all?

18. Collaboration site

Add in a function where you can post something for feed back and general comment - use as a collaborative platform.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  19. OneNote/Class Notebook Integration

Embed Poll Everywhere polls in OneNote/Class Notebook from Microsoft.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, right now OneNote just doesn’t have an API or platform that we can build off of. If they do start to allow embedding 3rd party webpages (that are not videos) > then we should be able to work on building that. We’re pretty much just waiting on Microsoft until then

You can see a thread about this request for Microsoft here: https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums/327186-onenote-for-windows-windows-phone/suggestions/5776804-embed-webpages-and-other-live-content-in-onenote

20. lms

Requests integration with LMS Jenzabar

https://www.jenzabar.com/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base