1. Slide appearance

More control over font, background color, etc

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We have a pretty extensive amount of customization options for our chart. Including background color, text color, sizing, background images, side by side images along with your chart, and six or so different fonts. We go over a lot of these and how they work in our User Guide here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#customizing-your-poll

Is there anything in particular that you are looking for in customizing the slide?

2. zoom

zoom features

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock down for summative assessment

Lock down option for simple summative assessment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

I believe you’re referring to a way to prevent students from accessing other applications on their phone/device while replying to polls or surveys. Let me know if that isn’t what you all meant here.

We don’t have any immediate plans to implement this as it is particularly invasive for us to do with our iOS and Android Apps and hurts a lot of accessibility rules.

One thing we have been discussing, and I’d love to hear if it would work for you all. is to track any time a student leaves or closes our site/app and share that information in a report with the professor. That does involve some more work to audit the report, but helps prevent any honest mistakes for the student and keeps us out of Apple’s bad side.

Would that be sufficient for you all?

4. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Students do have access to their response history which is automatically updated. And, this will include whether they got each question correct or incorrect.

To get to the response history:
    - click the menu icon on the top right of the pollev.com/Username page
    - then select “Response history” in the menu
    - the students can see their complete response history and whether they were correct or incorrect.

This is more of a workaround than giving an actual “score” in a notification or something, which I believe is more what you have in mind. We do have some other presenters who want to never show the correct answers or scores to students. So, there is some extra complexity here as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll definitely look into what this might take

5. Use multiple images in a clickable image poll

Allow to upload multiple images for a clickable image poll. Like post logos of football teams for a vote.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  6. Collaboration site

Add in a function where you can post something for feed back and general comment - use as a collaborative platform.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  7. Graph & matrix question types

I recently used this clickable image question: https://www.polleverywhere.com/clickable_images/lhZODmLgvZvZhQB?preview=true I first had to create the graph image outside of Poll Everywhere. It would be great to have a question type that gave me a basic graph with axis you can label. Similarly a 2x2 matrix option would be great, as offered by one of your competitors:) https://www.mentimeter.com/guides#two-by-two

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been toying around with this sort of idea a bit internally as well. Essentially, the idea is to be able to set your own labels and range for the graph > we then create a Clickable Image poll with that as the image.

The main thing here is mostly WHEN we can make this new poll type. There’s always a lot to make. Next up for us are some more image handling and then a Donut/Pie chart poll.

If we get enough requests though, we’re happy to switch the orders around. Thanks for the idea!

8. Customize default invitation email to be from institution, not name

We would like to be able to customize the invitation email to say the name of our school, not the name of the person sending the invite. We know there's a workaround of changing your name to be the name of the institution, but it would be nicer if there were a default that we could control as admins.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We do offer the ability to customize the body of the invitation email. Just click the “I’d like to customize the invitation message” and our hope was that this would be enough to give context to anyone receiving the message.

I’m hesitant to add an option to override the name of the person sending the invite because we want to have a public audit trail of who on the account invited the new users. For example, an account that has multiple Administrators may want to have some trail of exactly who sent the invite and who to follow up with in case there are issues.

There’s other better ways we can do this, but I don’t want to overcomplicate the invitation process with more settings.

I will have our design team look into setting the invitation as coming from the Organization Name in a prominent place in the email. I…

9. OneNote/Class Notebook Integration

Embed Poll Everywhere polls in OneNote/Class Notebook from Microsoft.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, right now OneNote just doesn’t have an API or platform that we can build off of. If they do start to allow embedding 3rd party webpages (that are not videos) > then we should be able to work on building that. We’re pretty much just waiting on Microsoft until then

You can see a thread about this request for Microsoft here: https://onenote.uservoice.com/forums/327186-onenote-for-windows-windows-phone/suggestions/5776804-embed-webpages-and-other-live-content-in-onenote

10. Allow a "test mode" for audience device displays

The ability to change the display on audience devices so that it's not obvious which answer was selected. It's almost impossible to not see what others have selected on their device. My work around suggestion was to force texting only for quizzes. Our faculty have observed rampant cheating on quizzes, especially in classrooms with raked seating. Apparently it's very interesting to watch from the back of the room and see the answers flow from the from to the back of the room.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is tough. My suggestion as a workaround for you all would be to use our multi-page Survey features for your quizzes in class. On these surveys when you submit a response > the student will be taken to the next question in the survey/quiz instead of leaving the question displayed until the professor/teacher moves to the next question.

Otherwise, this is a tough balance for us to fight against cheating and also abide by accessibility guidelines to allow students to know what they selected.

I’ll pass this along to some of our design team and see if they can think of anything clever we can do to satisfy both of these needs

11. Canvas Integration with Participant List

The Canvas Integration for the participant lists will update the list with new users but not remove the users that dropped the Canvas course. This is causing issues because we need to send an e-mail for students to reset their password prior to the first day of class so they are registered and several students are receiving the e-mail because they dropped the course.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can understand the frustration with students dropping the course. Destructive actions like removing students from participant groups are always a little dangerous because we don’t have a way to “undo” them. The last thing we want to do is to remove a student incorrectly and have them get zeroes or be unable to reply.

I’ll pass this along to our Integrations Team and see what we can do. We also need to dig in a little deeper to what Canvas allows. Destructive actions like deleting often have more permissions rules with an integration and we will need to make sure that we can do it with our current method of integrating with Canvas.

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry, I do not have a better workaround yet for you all.

12. Data vizualization freedom

Poll participants can create their own data visualizations. Woah.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PowerPoint DataSheets

I would like a live poll, activated through PowerPoint, could publish some data back into a DataSheet in PowerPoint. I run into this is a class where I want to use demographic data to sort my results and display them as a combine graph.
    I have been able to do this with Turning Point. I can get this data from reports, I just want it to be fed back live to my PPT.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve display of images in MCQ answers

Images in MCQ answers are very small on the presentation screen as they are at the end of a bar that would usually contain text. For MCQ questions using images in the answer could the screen estate be better utilized? Example attached. Matt

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  15. Text only (not requiring answer)

Text only. I want to have instead of a question at the beginning of the survey to have a set of directions explaining how to use it. There doesn't appear to be a "non question" type of design feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  16. Pictures with text caption as answers

Mixed-format possible answers, e.g., a figure with its caption. I would find it useful to both show something to be chosen, and display a small text with some extra info for each picture/answer.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has come up in some of our recent conversations about web-accessibility and the need to add captions/text for accessibility to uploaded images. There are still some outstanding questions for this, specifically with the best way to display this on the visual chart. There’s just limited available space.

- Would you want the text to be displayed over the image or separated? Or, would it matter for you?

Thanks for the idea!

Brian
    Product Manager of Poll Everywhere

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I haven’t heard of Entrada before, but we can certainly check it out. We’re always interested in more LMS integrations. If they support LTI 2.0 then there’s a good shot that we’ll be able to work with Entrada in the future

Thanks for the idea!

Brian
    - Poll Everywhere Product Manager

18. Different participant ID's for two (or more) presenter's under one account

Two different professors at my university are using a polleverywhere account registered under the university's account for classes. The problem is that they each want me to use a different method of identification, but under the university's account I can only pick one special ID which ends up used for both, rather than a separate ID for each professor (unless I'm mistaken).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You are not mistaken. We currently have it, so that all students are registered with all of the professors on the same account. This makes it easy for you (the student) because you don’t need to register multiple times with multiple professors. Just once and your done. It’s especially good for universities which have the students pay for the license themselves.

Unfortunately, that makes it hard for you (the students) to have specific settings just for individual professors. This is only the second time I’ve heard this, but this might be happening more and I can understand the frustration.

I’ll bring it up to our engineering team and see the difficulty for this.

Best,
    Brian

19. hide responses on Android version

Allow the hide responses option on the Android version. I appreciate that you have an app so we can lecture from a tablet or phone, but I don't like showing the responses until after everyone has responded.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m glad to hear you’ve been able to present from our Android application! I’ll bring this up with our design team and see if we can think of a way to do this. Right now, we do have a hide/show responses control in our application, but only as a remote control for our PowerPoint integration. So, we need to find a way to distinguish this from the remote control version.

Definitely something to look into for us. Thanks for the idea!

20. Allow full LaTeX for more than just equations

i.e., allow more than just limited / simple LaTeX

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base