Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

16 results found

1. Making keyboard shortcuts available in place of clickable buttons on powerpoint (Mac) would be great.

I am having difficulty clicking the buttons for locking, making stats available, showing correct answers, etc. because this has to be done by clicking the small buttons on the screen. Sometimes, the pointer/arrow disappears (even when I select "arrow as pointer" and avoid the automatic option, which makes the cursor disappear).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, we really do not want to try and override the many shortcuts that PowerPoint has already. It is just a dangerous and risky option for us. The last thing we want is to ruin a presentation.

The only other suggestion I have is that you could try our mobile application to control the visual settings. If you download our mobile app (for Android or iOS) you can log in with your Poll Everywhere account → select the title of your poll questions → and you can control showing correctness, show/hiding results, and some other options.

For details on our mobile app: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/tips-and-tricks#mobile-polling

I hope this helps!

2. Seat map response view

Seat map displaying responses. This would allow tutors/presenters to engage with participants through a seat map view individual responses.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. schedule a meeting like in Doodle

schedule an event much like Doodle.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. QR code for participants

To join a poll, generate a QR code for participants to scan.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create text notification

Have the ability to create a post and then "send" it to my students phone through an alert or some manner, like remind.com allows me to interact securely without giving out or receiving personal cell numbers. Avoids any false accusations of impropriety.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the input! We actually do have this this technology, but it’s not advertised on our website. This technology is actually pretty costly for us and has a lot of security and privacy concerns – which is why we currently are unable to allow it for Individual Teacher plans.

Sorry! Using web surveys could be a equivalent alternative. Check them out! http://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160748-grouping-polls-and-distributing-a-multi-poll-sur

6. Increase free responses

Increase number of respondents for free service to 50.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Higher-Ed and K-12 Free Plans will both come with up to 40 responses per poll question. We also offer a Classroom-Size Promise for all K12 educators where we will increase the size of our K-12 Free Plan to the largest class roster that they teach.

You can sign up for these education plans on or education plans page

For K-12: https://www.polleverywhere.com/plans/k-12

For Higher-Ed: https://www.polleverywhere.com/plans/higher-ed

7. QR Codes

Instead of having students type the long PollEv.com/...... website in order to respond, automatically create a QR code that they can scan to access the poll.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Categories

Just started using this and noticed that you do not have under subjects anything for foreign language / world language. Would love to see new section!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I assume you are referring to our Boundless Integration where we have some pre-built polls created by Boundless. Unfortunately, this has been deprecated and our partnership with Boundless is coming to a close. They are moving in another direction and aren’t going to share their question catalog with ARS folks like us.

If you are searching for some poll ideas, I recommend checking out polleverywhere.com/polls and searching for publicly shared polls made by some of our other educators

9. Logins and the App

The "sign in" on the app is quite irritating. It takes up a fair bit of the screen, cannot be closed or shrunk, and isn't always needed.

It would also be great, if the phone didn't log out the user when a new network is connected to, or reconnected. I use this in school, with a class set of phones. Each student always gets the same phone, so either I have them log in (and they have to keep doing that) or I'd rather not have them log in, and I can view their response history on the device.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m going to decline for now, but we are open for argument as always.

There’s just so many k12 and Higher-Ed educations who will have students with their own phones/devices and perhaps multiple devices that we do not want to remove the Sign In or Log In option from the app.

At request, we can remove the nagger at the bottom of the phone which prompts students to log in. Please give us an email to support@PollEverywhere.com if you’re interested. You can even ask for me (Brian) and I’ll help you out.

10. Filter Profane words in other languages.

I love that you filter profane words. I work with teachers and the suggestion was to filter words in other languages as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ahh, the profanity filter. We always have fun trying to come up with what to block, but there’s just no accounting for the creativity and many languages of students. We cannot keep up with the youth!

I always recommend using our Moderation Feature if you are concerned about this. This will allow the teacher to reject/approve any responses that are sent in before being displayed. You can read about how here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#moderation

11. logic

have intuitive logic - if someone answers a question a certain way, they get a different next question from someone else. or if someone selects "other" in multiple choice they can input what that means.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, adding Branching Surveys or branching logic to determine the next question is very very cool. Unfortunately, it’s also pretty tough for us to do. We really try to focus on live interaction within that moment and branching surveys really goes in a different direction.

We’ve had a few ideas for something similar where depending on which answer choice in a presentation gets the most responses > a certain question comes next. But, for the time being I would just say this sort of logic is out of our current roadmap. Sorry for the bad news!

12. Poll for high school and college students

Need questions about students "Doing the Right Thing"
    Need Questions about Students "Making Good Decision"
    Need Questions about Students "Cheating or plagiarism"
    Need Questions about Students "Stealing"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  13. Put the poll count UNDER the background

The poll count is sometimes not readable because it's the same color as the background/photo of the poll. I would suggest you put it underneath so it is more clearly readable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David,

Thanks for using Poll Everywhere and offering some feedback!

We took a different stab at solving this issue. Can you try it yourself and let us know if you think it could be improved?

We made it so that the Total Results is the same color as the Axis Labels. You can change the color of both of these in the Visual Settings pane, Chart tab and towards the bottom.

http://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160737-visual-settings

14. A second tier pricing

A second tiered pricing option, where someone could have increased poll responses (100-200?), but have a limit on how many surveys per year. This would service the occasional presenter (like a sub teacher or a h.s. staff @ a small church where you expect to do polls only once in a while). Right now, the price difference between K-12 teacher and the presenter is huge. A middle tier option with a limit on # of surveys per year (to control the polleverywhere's cost) would be nice. I think that would attract the middle tier presenters, who would like to have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give schools another option

I am fine with the 40 vote limit, but we should have a trial for the unlimited, even if just for a day, to make sure our text inflow could handle it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest and feedback!

We actually process all of our votes from all of our customers through the same funnel type system and we receive tens-of-thousands of votes every day. For this reason, we feel 40 votes is adequate for gauging how the system works and processing things, as our system handles 40 votes the exact same way as it does 4,000.

As far as cell tower ability to handle students texting at the same time, they already account for this, as students are usually all already texting at the same time.

Hope that helps clarify our reasoning!

Have a great day!

16. QR code in the presentation

If the presentation could have a QR code so the students could "scan" and vote, that would be great. They wouldn't have to take the time to write the website address. Not a big deal, but that would promote the use of another technology, and shorten the process of voting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gregory!

That’s a great idea! We’ve thought about things similar. The thing is, we’d have to make it very large, since students would be capturing it from a distance, and that would interfere with the actual poll question itself.

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base