Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

155 results found

1. Manually input/modify user responses

One thing that is a bit irksome is when students have technical issues with their response to a poll that I use as a quiz. My current workaround is to manually adjust their score after the fact. Is there a way for me to manually input a response for a student? That would be such a useful feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, we do not have a way to do that right now and we’re hesitant to make one. The basic hangup is that we have to plan and account for bad actors. For a university that’s a reasonable situation, but for our corporate clients it is much more nuanced because we don’t want them to be altering each others responses.

There might be something we can do with a larger permissions situation. I’ll bring it up to the team.

Thanks for the feedback

2. Add more slots to the “Recent Presentations” on the home screen of the mobile app.

Hello, I am a first year medical student. We use Poll Everywhere multiple times a week with several different professors. It works well, however we are constantly entering different presentation names. Is it possible to add a few more slots (6-9 total) to “Recent presentations?”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Reports and Data Runs

Scenario:
    Faculty has a combined Canvas set up for four sections of Acct 2122.

The faculty clears/archives his PE data after each class. So, at the end of the day, he has four PE data sets (one for the 8am class, one for the 9:30am class, etc). Faculty needs to transfer the data to his one Combined Canvas course.

Faculty started using PE in fall 2017. During fall 2017, he would select “All runs” to move his four PE data sets into the Canvas gradebook. So, faculty only ran the PE grade transfer process one time for all four sections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add tags to polls

It would be nice if users could add tags to polls based on topics, subject matter, or organization. For example, if I'm teaching a biology course that's M/W/F this semester but T/TH next semester, I will want to re-arrange my groups to fit the new schedule. Similarly, I might have questions on a particular topic that I use in different classes. If I know that I have a question on "mitosis" but I'm not sure which group or whether that word appears in the question text, if the question was tagged with that term and the term was searchable it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! That’s an interesting request. Do you have a preference for using tags over, say, a more hierarchical folder system?

I know there’s been requests for both and they address similar, but different problems. Regardless, thank you for the details feedback! I’ll pass this along to the team

5. ranking

It would be great if "Ranking" polls could be graded, meaning that the initial order entered by the poll creator is considered "correct" and students can be evaluated on whether they got it right or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  6. Record country clicked on image

Have a country image that records the country to enable creation of a data set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multi-country SMS option

I need an SMS number for South Africa.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give response summary / poll control window a smaller minimum size

I keep PollEverywhere running in a web browser window (running a single poll with possible responses 1-9) while I deliver my lecture from another window (including occasional multiple choice "quiz questions" with up to 9 possible responses). For this arrangement, it is super-important that the PE window use as little screen real estate as possible, especially in the horizontal dimension. Could you please make it possible to resize it a bit narrower?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

There is a workaround that might work for you. If you are creating these quiz questions ahead of time, you can actual use our mobile website to present. It’s not as pretty as our full website and lacks some features, but the core functionality is there. Especially if you are primarily using Multiple Choice Polls.

You can go to pollev.com/present in your web browser. Log into your account and click on the title of one of your poll questions. There’s an activation option to activate and we’ll display the results right there. That page is fully response and you can make it quite small

You can see a little bit of how this looks and works here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/tips-and-tricks

Let me know if that’ll do the trick for you. And, thanks for the feedback!

9. Logos for Reports

The ability to add logos to reports and/or to download reports into MS Word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  10. Make using surveys as quizzes easier

Expand surveys into quizzes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  11. For the Moodle integration, automatically send students a registration link

Right now, the e-mail sent out to students notifies students that their account has been created, but does not explain the registration process or provide a link. It would be great if these were provided or if the e-mail was customizable by the instructor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now (as of about August), we send an email to students who are registered via an LMS. This email says:
    “[Professor Name] has registered you as a participant with their Poll Everywhere account. To log in and complete the registration process use the following link: [password_link]”

We’re currently working on a way to allow professors to resend this link to their students in bulk if they haven’t received it or haven’t logged in. We can definitely look into some ways to customize this message, but it is a bit larger of a project than we’d like because we need to store these customized messages, add some handling to prevent spam (in case someone is only pretending to be an educator), and then change the LMS invitation workflow to allow some handling to customize the email. It’s something we will definitely consider if we hear it requested from some…

12. Integrate iCollege grading

Integrate with grading book in iCollege.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  13. zoom

zoom features

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I haven’t heard of Entrada before, but we can certainly check it out. We’re always interested in more LMS integrations. If they support LTI 2.0 then there’s a good shot that we’ll be able to work with Entrada in the future

Thanks for the idea!

Brian
    - Poll Everywhere Product Manager

15. Different participant ID's for two (or more) presenter's under one account

Two different professors at my university are using a polleverywhere account registered under the university's account for classes. The problem is that they each want me to use a different method of identification, but under the university's account I can only pick one special ID which ends up used for both, rather than a separate ID for each professor (unless I'm mistaken).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You are not mistaken. We currently have it, so that all students are registered with all of the professors on the same account. This makes it easy for you (the student) because you don’t need to register multiple times with multiple professors. Just once and your done. It’s especially good for universities which have the students pay for the license themselves.

Unfortunately, that makes it hard for you (the students) to have specific settings just for individual professors. This is only the second time I’ve heard this, but this might be happening more and I can understand the frustration.

I’ll bring it up to our engineering team and see the difficulty for this.

Best,
    Brian

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base