Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

155 results found

1. Make polls close when they are not the “live” PPT slide.

Polls should not be active at all if they are not on screen in Powerpoint.

If you advance to a new slide without a poll, the poll is still active even though it's no longer on screen. This means it can still accept responses. This isn't very helpful if you have a lot of content to cover before the next poll slide is shown.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Whew, well I am going to leave this open for a while in case other people are interested, but this is going to be very hard for us to do. The reason this is difficult for us is that we have a lot of flexibility and different ways to allow people to get poll responses. For many of these different methods we use the same consistent concept of Activation. Where once you have activated a poll question or survey > that poll question or survey will remain active until you manually deactivate it, activate a separate question/survey, or a set time period passes (by default 1 week).

Sharing this same activation concept helps make it clear for our users to know when/how a poll is active or not. It also helps keep our customer support team and engineering team a bit more sane my minimizing complexity.

We could make it…

2. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Sure! So, currently we have a lot of background color options and the ability to upload a background image. Are you thinking of something like background “templates” sort of like how PowerPoint or Keynote use for slide backgrounds?

Otherwise, on fonts – are there any in particular you are looking for that we don’t have right now?

3. Seek version for use with Keynote on an iPad

Need version to work directly with Keynote on an iPad

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We do have an integration with the PowerPoint app for iPad. And, that is available today (I have the link below for installing)

Unfortunately, we need Apple to make a few changes to their Keynote API before we can take that one on. In the meantime, i would recommend using a full desktop or laptop and our Mac Presenter App which does support Keynote (just not on an iPad).

https://store.office.com/poll-everywhere-WA104218073.aspx?assetid=WA104218073

4. Master Account Level Reports

I'd like to be able to run account wide reports that give me information on all faculty usage and all student usage. I know it would be tough to run those on your servers with the massive amount of data, but I'd like to be able to download a CSV of all polls from all subusers maybe limited to a specific period of time so I can analyze usage over a semester.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm, that is a good suggestion and we’ve been working piecemeal on this as we get more institution wide accounts. My first suggestion would be this – email us at support@polleverywhere.com and one of our account managers can whip that up for you. We can absolutely do that on request. It may take us a few days as time allows, but we can do that.

Otherwise, we do have a CSV export available with some metadata for all of the Users/Faculty on the account. This is under Settings > Manage Users > Export to CSV. That will get you a report of all of the users on the account, the number of polls each created, the last time they used us, and the total number of responses each received. We have that today!

We plan on getting this available for all registered students on the account soon. It would…

5. Student-led blogs and polls

Blogging capabilities? Maybe a section where students could create and host their own polls.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  6. Download Poll List with Meta Data only

Menu option to download .csv file that consists of a list of your polls with columns for: question; question type; creation date; modified date; # responses; # runs; whether responses have been deleted; when deleted; group (if any) to which the poll belongs. this would give us ability to sort the polls and consider how to reuse polls, etc. essentially, the ability to download the meta data separately from the data. Right now reports allow you to include some meta data but as part of the download of data content.. great product!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting one. I can understand the desire. We do store most of the information that you specified (questions type, creation date, last modified date, # responses, and # of runs could be calculated. We do not track deleted responses/groups after a few days).

Will it work for you if we ONLY display this information on the CSV download? Otherwise, in the short run if you are interested in some of that information and if you’re willing to wait a few days – you can contact our support team at support@polleverywhere.com and if it’s reasonable, we will be happy to try and get some of that information for you manually as a workaround.

7. Make RF clickers obsolete

Figure out the tough engineering problem of LTI integration, even if it is a different version of Poll Everywhere that is integration only. I want PollEv (or similar product) replace crude RF clickers, not simply be a substitute for them.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have full screen mode on the web able to take slide clicker inputs.

Have full screen mode on the web able to take slide clicker inputs.

This sounds redundant because you have PollPresenter for Powerpoint/Mac, but I find that fullscreen presentations from the web are much faster and more reliable than PollPresenter.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe this is currently possible with some slide clickers. Fullscreen mode honors left right arrow key inputs to navigate between polls. So, if your slide clicker can send these keyboard inputs, you should be all set.

9. Add graphic organizers

Create a way for students to update graphic organizers, like a venn diagram and have it able to show live on the website.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the creator of the poll to edit the results to manually enter results.

I have a few students without cell phones or another technology device in my classroom. I go around and ask these students what they think the answer it. I would then like to add their responses to the result totals.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  11. more than 250 chars per question

seems an absurd limit. really a problem for my classroom usage. I'd maybe try to use powerpoint, but that facility is buggy, you can never tell how big the slides will turnout on presentation I saw in my testing.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the feedback! The character limit is due mostly to a lack of screen real estate on the chart view. We limit the number of characters to preserve legibility.

PowerPoint is a good alternative. If you’re experiencing a bug, please email us at support@polleverywhere.com so we can get it sorted out.

12. Consecutive grouped polls

When polls are grouped, be able to switch to the next one by clicking a NEXT button, or RANDOM within that group of polls.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow teacher to edit response

if teacher asks for student names and gets some names plus ID numbers, it would be useful to be able to remove the ID.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Student Name / Identifier Appearance

Is there some way we could have either the student's name or NetID or some sort of identifier appear on the answer response screens for students? This would help course staff be able to quickly see if a student is polling in for another classmate when they have two polling devices open.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you asking to have the student’s name display on the pollev.com/:Username or web response page?

I assume you would be walking around a lab like classroom where they are using desktop or laptop computers to respond. Does that sound right?

Currently we just have a “hamburger” icon (those three horizontal lines) on the top right. We could replace that with the student’s first name if they are logged in. I’ll bring it up with the team and see if there are any dangers or complexities that I’m missing, but I think this should be straightforward.

15. Insert directions on how to respond with Poll EV app

For polling slides (below the question), directions are provided to learners on how to respond via web browser at PollEV.com and also for texting to 22333; however, most of our learners use the Poll EV app on their smart phone or tablets to respond. It would be nice if short directions were provided to use the Poll EV app as a means to respond.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is a really good idea, but it’ll be a little tough for us. There is a very limited amount of screen available on our poll chart and we don’t want to overwhelm it too much.

We’ll definitely have our design team see if they can come up with a good way to fit all of our different response instructions on the page.

16. Edit with Mobile Devices

Add edit feature to polls on mobile devices (android)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure, what sort of features or things would you like to edit from our mobile app?

For example, are you just interested in editing the poll title and answer choices OR do you want control for other features such as maximum number of allowed responses per participant, anonymity, ways to respond (Web, SMS, Twitter), or any visual settings (colors, font size, etc…) on the chart?

There are a low of options, so it would be great to know which are the most important for you. Thanks for the feedback!

17. Instant Crosstabs

Maybe this function is around already. I'd like a quick way to display crosstabs. For example, a way to show results from men and women, etc. I've done this in the past with a few steps involved, but it's not quite as slick as I'd like it to be.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, it sounds like you are describing our Segmentation Feature. You can see some details about how this feature works here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160751

We have some plans to really improve and revamp this feature to make it easier and prettier, but it’s still a little ways off yet. In the meantime, I’d recommend that article for how it works.

Is there anything in particular about the feature that is confusing or annoying?

18. Make it compatible with active inspire and the promethean software

I am a math teacher and love using your program. 2 things that can make it better. 1. include some sort of equation editor so equations can easily be inserted. 2. make it compatible with the active inspire (promethean planet) software.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out!

Have you tried using LaTeX in the option fields? It should work if you begin with “latex:”

Regarding Promethean Planet, I’ll keep my eyes open! I haven’t heard of a request for it so far, though.

19. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Students do have access to their response history which is automatically updated. And, this will include whether they got each question correct or incorrect.

To get to the response history:
    - click the menu icon on the top right of the pollev.com/Username page
    - then select “Response history” in the menu
    - the students can see their complete response history and whether they were correct or incorrect.

This is more of a workaround than giving an actual “score” in a notification or something, which I believe is more what you have in mind. We do have some other presenters who want to never show the correct answers or scores to students. So, there is some extra complexity here as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll definitely look into what this might take

20. Canvas Integration with Participant List

The Canvas Integration for the participant lists will update the list with new users but not remove the users that dropped the Canvas course. This is causing issues because we need to send an e-mail for students to reset their password prior to the first day of class so they are registered and several students are receiving the e-mail because they dropped the course.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can understand the frustration with students dropping the course. Destructive actions like removing students from participant groups are always a little dangerous because we don’t have a way to “undo” them. The last thing we want to do is to remove a student incorrectly and have them get zeroes or be unable to reply.

I’ll pass this along to our Integrations Team and see what we can do. We also need to dig in a little deeper to what Canvas allows. Destructive actions like deleting often have more permissions rules with an integration and we will need to make sure that we can do it with our current method of integrating with Canvas.

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry, I do not have a better workaround yet for you all.

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base