Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

155 results found

1. See realtime results on participants mobile Web Response page

It would be really nice to have a an option to allow participants to see the realtime poll results (on their mobile device) once they have voted.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Student-to-instructor channel

It would be helpful to have a way for students to submit questions to the instructor in a way that allows the instructor to see who asked the question. The student question would by default NOT be visible to everyone, but the instructor could choose to make it visible in the system. Ideally, there would also be options to respond either directly to the student, or post a response to the entire group through the system.

The open-ended polls can be used for this, but I'd like to be able to have this option without launching a poll. (Also, I've…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding fun and spice to responses

A way to add fun to the responses. So, if someone votes with an answer like "Seahawks rule" to a question like, "What do you need to learn today?" I'd like to be able to make it flutter away, to slap an X on it, or drop down a WTF? label. Hope this helps! Oh, and for the intriguing responses - I'd love to give them jewels or stars or you get the point.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  4. confidence questioning

The ability for students to state their level of confidence with respect to the answer they give to a question.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  5. email participants scores

I'm using the survey view to administer quizzes. I'd like a way to automatically give each student their personal score. Best would be if in response to submitting the quiz they get their score. But I'd also like a way to set up an email to mail them - if I have to score some open ended questions.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Hi Binyomin,

Thanks for using Poll Everywhere!

This is an interesting idea! It’d certainly be really helpful. I’ve added this to the list of features we’re going to be discussing soon (we have these feature discussions a lot). I’ve attached your email address to it, so when we do implement it, we’ll let you know!

Thanks for the feedback!

6. Pictures with text caption as answers

Mixed-format possible answers, e.g., a figure with its caption. I would find it useful to both show something to be chosen, and display a small text with some extra info for each picture/answer.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has come up in some of our recent conversations about web-accessibility and the need to add captions/text for accessibility to uploaded images. There are still some outstanding questions for this, specifically with the best way to display this on the visual chart. There’s just limited available space.

- Would you want the text to be displayed over the image or separated? Or, would it matter for you?

Thanks for the idea!

Brian
    Product Manager of Poll Everywhere

7. Shared on Google Classroom

Google Classroom
    I wish that it could be shared with Google Classroom, now that it works with Google Slides. Then, I could post a Poll Everywhere assignment that my students could answer in the evenings or on weekends.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are working on a big expansion to our Survey View feature which will allow for asynchronous polling/surveys that might work for you. Basically you could post a link to a survey quiz for the students to take as homework. We’ll have a big release for it when it’s available and hopefully this will work for you.

8. Report formatting

Report formatting needs significant improvement.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Absolutely, is there anything specific with our reports that are causing you difficulties or frustration?

Is it more how we are displaying the results with our current 5 report types? Or, that you would like more flexibility in how we format and display the reports? Or, something else entirely!

We have made some recent changes with how our reports display open ended responses and we are in the process of updating how they display clickable image responses to be more readable and more comprehensive.

We’re definitely up to reviewing how reporting capabilities for improvement

9. include profanity filter in the "Edit Multiples" optons

It seems like an over sight that it is missing. But actually, this is something a user will either want to use on every single poll or not care about. It seems it would be better to create a global option to always use the profanity filter on every poll.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sort by groups

It would be nice if we could sort by groups

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow variable columns for answers. 2, 3, 4 columns

This would allow more answers to be visible at one time before they are scrolled out of sight.

Thanks for a great product filling a need.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Participation grades

My participants are students and it would be great if they had the following in their displays: 1) groups in which they are enrolled, 2) current participation rate (% of total questions responded), 3) current "correctness" rate, 4) which questions that were presented that they did not respond to. I would also like to see the ability to sync multiple emails to an account so they can respond with both their school and personal accounts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This is great, thanks for the request! We are in some of the very initial design stages for what we’re calling a “Participant Dashboard” which students would be able to easily access from their mobile devices or computers and review this type of information.

Enrolled groups and a “correctness rate” as a proxy for their grade are both doable. The participation rate and generally displaying poll questions they did not respond to is much tougher. With faculty who use Poll Everywhere across multiple courses it is difficult for us to currently know which group/class the polls are for. And, we have some users who do not want to show questions participants did not answer to prevent any cheating or as an incentive to show up to class and answer. So, there are some business concerns as well for that.

Would it work for you all if we had an ability…

13. Improve PowerPoint Add-In stability

Improvements in PowerPoint Add-In stability

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reports

User friendly reports access.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Video

Let us post videos. It would be cool to show students video clips through youtube or self uploading and have students answer questions off of the videos.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. powerschool integration

Integrate the participant registration and lookups with the Powerschool Student Information System

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have a sound play whenever there's a response.

I've made a live "I don't understand poll" for students who don't understand what I just said in lecture. If I see responses I would back-up and repeat or expand on the lecture point. Sometimes I don't know if there are responses without looking at it, so it would be nice if it could play a specific sound to let me know.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and interest in Poll Everywhere!

That’s an interesting idea! We’ll put it under review and talk about it. We’ll also let other users vote on your idea.

18. A widget that dsiplays my pollev.com page (not just a single poll)

HTML code widget that can be added to a website,blog or other platform that shows the PollEV page. That way, if I am using the platform for a web call or other web event, where attendees are looking at my page, I can push polls when the time is right, and participants can see them real time showing up for them to vote, without leaving the page or getting their cellphones. This is particularly useful when you want to poll real time at the end of each segment with minimal distraction/interruption/delay.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have some ability to do this now. It’s possible to use an iFrame and embed our pollev.com response page to display the response option AND you can then embed https://viz.polleverywhere.com/:USERNAME as an iFrame to show the responses. We want to create built in copy/paste widgets to embed this combination on your blogs/websites or LMS but there are some problems with Cookies on iPhones that we need to solve before we market this feature.

In the meantime, if you are interested in trying this our – contact our support team at support@polleverywhere.com for how this works

19. Make it possible to post a poll to Facebook

I have a facebook site I use with my students (enochspsych), it might be cool to be able to post a poll so that it could be seen on my status page...,maybe this is already possible, I did not try cutting and pasting a powerpoint slide

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Location Tracking

GPS tracking to discourage cheaters. Some stay home in their dorms/apartments and just wait for a poll to come up. We have to find clever ways to keep them from cheating.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This has always been a far-off dream for us and I 100% understand the desire to limit responses to only participants within the room. We have been waiting and hoping for GeoTracking technology to be reliable enough for us to use as part of our regular workflow. I have personally used Uber or enough times where they have me one or more city blocks away from my actual location and we really don’t want the same situation to prevent a student from getting any class credit.

That said, there are a few ways we could try to tackle the problem. Would something like this work for you?
    - you are able to set you poll questions to “Request the participants location” before they are able to respond
    - the student is then prompted to share their location on the phone/laptop
    - if Poll Everywhere is unable to determine the location…

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base