Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Set up LTI integration with Sakai LMS

We have a number of faculty at Notre Dame who ask us each semester when Poll Everywhere will be integrated with Sakai. I'm sure other Sakai schools would have an interest in this integration as well (list of Sakai schools: https://sakaiproject.org/community).

I know you already have integrations with Blackboard and Canvas. If you created this integration for Canvas with LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability http://www.imsglobal.org/lti/), then creating one for Sakai would be very easy. We would be very interested in helping you to accomplish this integration with Sakai and would offer you the use of our Sakai test server…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Pictures as answer choices for MCQ

You should have the ability to upload pictures as possible answer choices to multiple choice questions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. A way for phrases to be kept together in the word cloud format

I would like to see a way for phrases (ie: peanut butter and jelly) to be kept together in a word cloud. In Wordle.net, for example, using the ~ does this. Perhaps using quotation marks or some other characters could accomplish this. That way, "apple butter" and "peanut butter" do not make the word 'butter' alone any larger.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. Academic Pricing

Academic Pricing for poor teachers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. math type

Math type in the question

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We got it! You can now have inline LaTeX in the title of the poll question, in the answer choices, and they will display on the pollev web response page (including surveys) for your students.

You can use the TeX shorthand of $$ to enter your equation.

1. click the Create Poll button
    2. Type your question $$ your equation in LaTeX $$ the rest of your question
    3. click Create and you are done

You can see detailed instructions and screenshots for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/891297

Remember to start your question or answer option with “$$:” so we know to convert it properly.

6. visual settings help instructions

how can i change the visual settings on my chart... i can't see the "visual settings" icon you mention in your instructions, which says to go to the top right corner of my screen. (yes, i clicked on the poll i'm trying to change.)

oh, i had to call to your support and found the answer now... but you should change the help instructions... some of them refer to a gear icon which doesn't exist, and i don't think any of them mention that it is a feather icon, nor do they mention that it is in the middle/right side…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Audience Question Selection & Launch

Allow the audience to post questions and then let a selected question be thrown out to the audience for response.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  8. Math Formatting with LaTeX in Poll Questions

Allow math formatting with LaTeX in poll questions. Although PollEverywhere currently supports this type of formatting in the answer choices, it would be very helpful to also be able to do so in the poll questions themselves.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We got it! You can now have inline LaTeX in the title of the poll question, in the answer choices, and they will display on the pollev web response page for your students.

You can use the TeX shorthand of $$ to enter your equation.

1. click the Create Poll button
    2. Type your question $$ your equation in LaTeX $$ the rest of your question
    3. click Create and you are done

You can see detailed instructions and screenshots for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/891297

Remember to start your question or answer option with “$$:” so we know to convert it properly.

9. Search for public poll that I could edit and use.

Search for publicly available polls I can change and use? Maybe I can already do that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. international language support

Hi there,

Our teachers love using Poll everywhere but not all of them are bilingual.. Any plans to have it in different languages? We will be happy to help with Turkish and French translation / localization.

Many thanks,
    Metin Ferhatoglu
    Director of Technology
    American Robert College

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  11. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  12. Reporting capabilities

Better reporting capabilities! Downloading results, or breaking results into audience segments is hard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  13. Copy multiple polls at once

Copy multiple polls at once

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have multiple questions on my audience page. (Activate a Survey, or self-paced)

Survey view is great way to help cover a lot of questions at once but the link to the survey is generally not user friendly (not easy for the audience to input). I would love to use the feature more as it easier than making a poll live, shutting it down, and starting up a new one (especially during a live class).

1) Be able to activate a survey on a user’s main page. While we can activate a single poll and have it go straight to our main page (https://www.polleverywhere.com/USER), I am not sure we can do…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re still getting feedback and making a few tweaks, but the new Activated Surveys is out! If you haven’t seen it yet, we have all the details on our blog here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/create-first-poll-everywhere-survey/

Just in time for back to school!

The basics:
    If you put all of your poll questions into a Group > you can then convert that group to a Survey. Then, select the Activate icon to the right side of the group and VOILA all of the poll questions will be displayed on your regular pollev.com/USER page.

15. Nicer themed slides

nicer themed slides

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep grouped polls at the top

Please give me an option to keep grouped polls at the top of the list where I create them. Currently, I create my polls and they show up at the top of my list of polls. Then I group them and they automatically go to the bottom. Then I have to go all the way to the bottom to name the group and then I have to move the group all the way back to the top for easy access. It would be much better if it just stayed at the top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Canvas w/Polleverywhere

Integrate with Canvas if you haven't already?!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Google Slides

Integratable with Google Slides, just like PowerPoint

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  19. Clear poll results from PPT slideshow

Please add the ability to clear the poll results from the PowerPoint presentation... and the ability to cut off the responses. For example, a button to click when Q&A time is over so that people can't keep texting in responses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Hey Jane – we already have both of these! Hover your mouse over the right hand side of the PowerPoint slide and you can lock the poll to stop new responses from coming in, and even clear the results. It works exactly the same as it does on the website with the icons that you can click. Let me know if you have questions and I can send you a screenshot.

Best,
    Meg

20. Rearranging polls within a group

When I am rearranging the polls within a group, it is terribly frustrating that it jumps me to the top of my list of group with a message under each one that the group has to be expanded in order to drag to a poll to it. The page should not jump and I should be able to drag/drop by polls within a group without having to scroll back down to the group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is FIXED! Our very own Brad Lindsey worked over the weekend and knocked a problem we thought would take much longer.

If you go to rearrange a poll now, none of the groups will immediately expand. If you drag the poll over a collapsed group and pause for a few seconds, the group will expand and allow you to drop the poll there.

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base