Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Participant list should not show every person in the account to all users

We have 10,000 participants and growing in our enterprise account. Users can see every participant in the course which is both confusing and intimidating. This is useful from the admin perspective, but regular faculty/staff users should only be able to see participants in the groups they have set up. They should be able to search for a participants across the account, but not see the entire list, unless they choose to.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This is out and available! We changed our default displays for the Participants Table. Here’s a breakdown of the logic

- If you are a regular user (faculty member), when you go to the participants page it will only load the participants that are in Participant Groups that this particular user has made. So, it will only load and display the courses that professor has uploaded

- If you are a regular user and use the Search menu, then it will search over all of the participants on the account.

- Account Owners and Admins will still see all of the participants on the account by default.

- All users may click the Ungrouped option on the top right of the page to see all of the registered participants (students) on the account

Hope this helps! And, please let us know if you have any feedback

2. word clouds that can be embedded into google slides

Word clouds that can be embedded into google slides

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. NAME FIRST!

Participants are able to type their name first before answering questions.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like the ability to reference a pervious slide while the participants are actively polling.

One of my polls asks a question of the slide prior to the poll. I would like to jump back to that slide as a reference for my students.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are using our PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides integration then you can use the left arrow key and just move off the poll slide to reference a previous slide. When you leave our active poll slide, our poll will remain active and will continue to receive responses until another poll is activated or 3 hours pass.

Does that work for you?

5. A Reset Button

A reset button!!!!
    We need ONE button to take care three settings for the multiple choice questions. 1. Clear the responses, 2. Hide the chart 3. Hide the correct answer.
    I thought when I cleared the responses, it would do these three things for me. But, I was very surprised to see the responses showed when they coming in, and the right answer box was selected from the beginning!!!! These ruined my presentation :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We’ve got it! From here on out, any time you Clear a poll question we will update the chart visualization to hide the correct answer. Try it out and let us know if it isn’t working

We do not yet have a way to automatically “reset” polls to hide the chart because it’s a little more complicated for us to do because it goes against our stored defaults. Until we are able to update that, I would recommend using our Copy Visual Settings feature to “Hide the chart” for multiple poll questions at once. You can see details how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160777-copying-and-applying-existing-visual-settings-to-p

6. multiple questions per link

need to create multiple questions for one weblink. easier for users

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add number of participants to bar graph

When posting bar charts, it would really be helpful if the number of participants involved in that bar could be listed on the bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this right now! By default we display the percentage of responses for each bar, but we are able to switch to display the count.

Click on the grey paintbrush icon on the top right of the poll chart to open our visual settings menu > then select “Count” under the Response Totals section

For more details you can go to our knowledge base articles here:
    https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/750882-change-response-totals-between-count-or-percent

8. liking of student contribution

'like' function so that students can like questions/comments that have been submitted by students in an open question format

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. visible scores for respondents

right or wrong visible for poll responders

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Just some feedback!

No complaints - I just want to give some very positive feedback! I use PollEv for teaching medical students and junior doctors about radiology. It has been universally well received. In particular, the option to place a marker on an image is great and perfect for teaching radiology. I use it to ask students to identify abnormal areas on x-rays.

Thank you for making such a great product!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multi voting and dynamic voting

Allow users to first create the voting elements and then have them vote on them within the same session. Another enhancement would be to allow the voters to have 3 votes which they could place on what they wanted. All on one item or split them up on 2 or 3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

So, we actually have some capabilities to do these right now.

You can set any Multiple Choice Poll to allow more than one response per person. This will allow your participants to respond up to a set number of times where they can vote for one option 3 times, or split their votes across multiple. You can see details for how here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#responses_per_participant

Otherwise, if you are interested in having your participants submit responses and allow the rest of your participants to vote on them – then I would try our Q&A or Upvote Poll. This allows your participants to submit responses and then lets the whole group up or downvote these responses for discussion. You can see more details here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/question-and-answer-brainstorm

12. Feedback

I love the product.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Response message

After message is sent by attendee, system could send a response as received with a link to My response history page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this right now! It is a feature that may be enabled or disabled for any given poll question.

You can use our Custom Reply Message feature to send a confirmation message that a response was successful (our default) OR customize the message to say whatever you want, including links!

This feature can be found by opening the poll configuration page > select Response Settings > and enter your Custom Reply Message.

You can see more details for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160732

14. Lightweight presentation integration

Better integration with a wider range of presentation software (e.g., I can only install poll.ev app on computers I have admin privileges on, which mean no lecture theater computers).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are always working on our slideware integrations and looking for new ones. This may not work for everyone, but if you are unable to install our PowerPoint integration then I would highly recommend our Google Slides integration which runs off a Chrome Extension https://www.polleverywhere.com/app/google-slides

Or, if you are using Office 365 on a Windows PC you can try our Office 365 app as well!
    https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104218073&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&appredirect=false

Hope this helps!

15. Multiple Classes Multiple Quizzes/Polls w/ Grades Excel File Export

Have multiple polls/quizzes for mulitple classes active at the same time. Have students register with name, school ID, and class period so results can be downloaded via .csv file for importing into class gradebook :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah! I hear you. There are a few ways to make this happen today. You can use “participant groups” to register your students in different classes and then export their answers with our Gradebook report. We have the workflow for this on our Attendance Best Practices Guide, but it should work with what you have in mind for organizing by class: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605-attendance-best-practice

Otherwise, have you tried our Survey View? This is a link that allows students to take quizzes/polls on their own time (asynchronously). We’re expanding on our survey capabilities right now and you can check it out and let us know how it goes.

Read about survey view here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/152111-can-i-combine-multiple-questions-polls-into-a-su

16. Changing Opinion Radio Button

I would like a radio button where people can update their Opinion as the presentation progresses. DISAGREE to AGREE with some space in the middle.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually just release a feature that will allow people to change their response while the poll remains active. Basically, they
    1. can submit a response
    2. . click the Clear Response button on the web response page or send a text message with Clear to our number if they change their mind.
    3. then submit a new response. The poll chart will be updated immediately.

You can read about it in more detail on our blog here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/undo-your-response-to-a-multiple-choice-poll-no-more-accidents/

Will that work for you?

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Response back

response back saying, Thank you Ashley (or whomever the person is that is responding) for responding to the polling

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this right now! It is a feature that may be enabled or disabled for any given poll question.

You can use our Custom Reply Message feature to send a confirmation message that a response was successful (our default) OR customize the message to say whatever you want, including links!

This feature can be found by opening the poll configuration page > select Response Settings > and enter your Custom Reply Message.

You can see more details for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160732

19. New customer

Hello, my name is Giovanna and I work for Insper, a brazilian university.
    We already use a pooling system, but we're doing some research to change our actual supplier.
    I'd like to now if it's possible to schedule an online presentation for me and my team, so we can know your system better.
    Best regards,
    Giovanna.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  20. Mapping responses

Geographic maps. Questions could ask respondents where they are from, for example, and highlight responses on the map.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

You can do this now! We have a Clickable Image poll type that will allow you to upload an image, such as a map of the USA, and ask respondents to mark where they are from. Their responses will display as Pins on the display and you can see it.

Here’s how:
    1. click on red Create Poll button
    2. Select Clickable Image along the left side
    3. then upload your own image or choose one of our pre-loaded ones
    4. And, present your poll!

*note – clickable image polls are web only. We do not accept text message responses

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base