Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

78 results found

1. pricing

For $50 a year, it seems I should get more than 40 students. I am the library teacher for my school and would like to put up polls that all my students can weigh in on and would happily pay the $50 a year. I have just over 1,000 students in my school.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Creating polls that would allow the entire student body to participate in would require either a monthly Business and Non-Profit Plan (www.polleverywhere.com/plans) or a School Wide Plan. There is a real cost to the messaging space needed to support these plans, and unfortunately, we wouldn’t be able to stay in business with the pricing model you propose.

2. Adjust font size automatically to avoid cutting off questions or response options

I keep having titles or response options cut off on the display because they are too long. I can get them to display by tinkering with the font size, but it takes an excessive amount of time. If the interface would just adjust this automatically, it would save an incredible amount of time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, we already do! However, the system is “weighted” to favor legibility and defaults to larger sized options which can cut off longer option choices. This is because most of our users use shorter options.

That being said you could set a template poll in your settings using one of your existing polls with the larger options. This will apply similar visual settings to the ones you create in the future. You can set a template poll in yoru settings here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/profile/edit

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How many people will attend the summer cycle?

We are trying to see how many learners will be attending classes to develop a comprehensive summer cycle

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create an App for working moms.

Kids never respond to their parents' texts. What if I could ask my kids waht time they would be home, want for dinner, etc. in a cool way?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the number of characters where the question is longer

I have several questions that need lengthy explanation and I was about 20 characters too long.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

I’m marking this as declined for now. With our current Flash charts the reason we have a character restriction is you will run out of screen “real-estate” and not be able to fit everything on the chart! In the future we’ll be moving to HTML 5 charts that may be a little more flexible with adjusting fonts as well as character limits.

For now one work around would be to embed the poll in a PowerPoint slide. You can hide the poll’s title/question from the visual settings menu and type out the question on the slide itself.

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Steve

8. Add the Google voice/Skype option to the screen

In the ways people can respond include the information for how to respond via google voice/ skype etc..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Services like Google Voice and Skype do not support shortcodes; however they can use our backup number more info on the FAQ here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/faq#google-voice

We don’t give you the option to display this number, as it’s a backup number only and is only to be used sparingly. Google Voice and Skype require a web connection so those participants should really be voting via the web. It’s much simpler and makes for a better experience.

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It’s a great idea; however, I’m marking this as declined and here’s why:

Each poll is an individual Flash object that you load from the site. The Flash controls (including full-screen button) interact with this singular poll object. So, if you clicked the “next poll/previous poll” button a new Flash object would still need to load before enabling you to go full screen.

Now could we build a Flash application that allowed you to cycle through polls without the web interface? Sure. But we already offer this functionality in the form of embedding polls into a PowerPoint presentation.

Another reason we haven’t invested the time into a “poll presenter application” is we’d like to do away with Flash charts altogether. We plan to move to Html 5 charts in the future, and I imagine your suggestion will be implemented in that release, as it will be much simpler to accomplish.

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We may consider it in the future depending on what it costs and if we can suitably build it in to our pricing models. Unfortunately, there really isn’t a good option for this in most countries (including the US). Here’s a good article: http://www.mobilestorm.com/resources/digital-marketing-blog/free-to-end-user-fteu/

This would certainly be something we would consider implementing in markets with a significant user-base, but for now I’m marking this as declined as it’s not currently an available option.

Thank you for your suggestion!

11. Custom Keywords

I would pay the k-12 plan (50 a year) if I could do custom keywords. That makes or breaks it for me when you have kids with a short attention span and little attention to detal (like longer numbers).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Custom Keywords are a limited resource as multiple users can’t reserve the same words. We don’t include these on our education plans at this level in order to keep cost down i..e. $50/year.

In the future we have plans to change the keyword model, which will alleviate these issues and give every user a lot more freedom in designating specific keywords/codes. But for now it just wouldn’t be fair to our business users to offer Custom Keywords to our K12 segment.

12. People need to be able to cut n paste the web response

If they can past the response address into their web browser then it is easier for them to respond.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. consistent interface...

I like best the link to the poll on the "Live Chart" view - but this link isn't displayed in the "Summary Table" view. I want to use the "Summary Table" view because it's bigger text for students in the back of the room. Pluse "Live Chart" view keeps closing after a few seconds (Mac 10.7 in Safari)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Clint,

The Summary Table view is not meant for the same live applications as the “live chart”.

As far as the “closing” issue, I would first update your Flash player to see if this fixes the issue. Or perhaps try it in a different browser like Firefox or Chrome.

As far as the sizing, you can adjust the text on the “live chart” by adjusting the visual settings. More info here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/faq#visual-settings

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Make a list of all my polls at my public poll page

When I ask my students to log on to my public poll page (www.pollev.com/mzh) they see the poll that I am currently looking at in the backend interface.

It would be better if they saw a list of all my (running) polls that they could then click on and answer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Math - allow equation editor from Word 2007

I need to post questions with equations in them. Please - can I cut and paste from equation editor in Word 2007?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi RJ,

We don’t support equations from Word’s equation editor; however,we are working on equation support using LaTeX! Check out this post: http://bit.ly/oy83YK Again, this feature is still in beta but please give it a try and let us know what you think!

Steve

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More options after log in

I would like to be able to go directly to particpants or settings after log in. Maybe a drop down menu or something so that we could choose somewhere other than My Polls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  Anonymous responded

Thanks for the idea, but our answer is that we just need to make the entire site faster. Also, we’re planning a start page dashboard that will give you a better view of what’s new, whether that be new users, participants, results, polls, etc.

1 2 4 Next →

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base