Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Suggested correction...

Thought you might want to know... so you can correct it :))
    Missing letter in word Audience on your Help page (http://www.polleverywhere.com/presenter-notes).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be helpful to be able to use superscripts and subscripts for only part of an answer (specifically for chemical formula)

The LaTex option is nice, but it doesn't address the need for superscripts and subscripts in chemical formula, where you only want it for a portion of the answer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix %s on your home screen

I just heard about Poll Everywhere and went to the site. It looks great and I'd like to try it. But I noticed in your sample poll the %s add up to 120%

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  4. Clearing polls

I want to clear my polls from the mac presenter and not have my responses cleared from my account page. This way I can use the same poll over and over again instead of having to copy the same poll multiple times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Clearing polls currently works by removing responses and archiving them as a run. These archived responses can then be accessed through the reporting feature.

The polls you see in the Mac Presenter are the same polls you see on your account page.

Clearing a poll does not delete its responses.

5. Ipad app

When will there be a "Poll Everywhere" app for ipad?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Purge Previous Participants

We REALLY need the ability to purge the entire database of previous participants from the previous semester/school year. Having used this for two semesters in large courses, I currently have 500+ students that should be deleted before the new academic year starts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Ranking / rating polls

I want to be able to capture answers to 'ranking' questions like, "Identify your top three choices of colour for the new office" and then have people place a preference on the ones they like. E.g. a completed answer sheet would be:

Options Rank

A. Red [ 3 ]
    B. Blue [ ]
    C. Yellow [ 1 ]
    D. Green [ 2 ]
    E. Orange [ ]

The variables are:

• The number of options available
    • The rating 'direction' (1 is high or 1 is low)
    • The number of choices that must be made (minium)
    • The number of choices that can…
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow the title to be left justified.

As a programming instructor, I need to post polls that include sections of code. Center-aligned text is terribly hard to read when there are multiple lines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

You can left align the title for poll questions from the visual settings menu for a poll. Here’s how:

1. click on the title of the poll to open it
    2. click the grey, Paintbrush icon on the top right of the poll
    3. click the menu labeled Title
    4. scroll down within the window and there should be an option labeled: “Alignment” with the option to left align.

One thing I’ve seen is that if you have a Logo image then the alignment for longer poll titles could wrap and not remain left-aligned. I recommend deleting a logo image if you are using one.

Please let us know if this doesn’t help for us. Our customer support team is happy to investigate some alternatives

9. Timer for polls

Students asked about a timer to know how much time they have left to answer a question. That feature would be really nice.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. personalised keywords

personalised keywords for example "HARRO <text>" instead of "4565454 <text>"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Hey!

Thanks for the feedback! This is a great idea. So much so, that it’s actually been implemented for years now, but you’ll need at least the Presenter plan to take advantage of it. polleverywhere.com/plans

Hope that helps!

11. Make taking attendance more effective

I would like to be able to take attendance using Poll Everywhere and see that my students are here or not. Currently, I pull up the report and it shows me who has responded. I'd like to see who in that group has NOT responded, so that I'll instantly know who is absent. It is time consuming to compare the class lists with the attendance poll. I would rather have a full list with all participants (whether they've responded or not.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We can do this with our new Participant feature added to our updated Reporting Suite. The step by step details for taking attendance and using Participant Groups can be found here:

https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605

Otherwise, the basics are;

1. Have all of your students in Participant Groups based on class
    2. set your poll questions to registered participants only
    3. run a Gradebook report on all of the polls you are using for attendance
    4. To the right of the Gradebook report > select the Participants menu > and chose the participant group (class) that you want to report on. It will include all students who are in this group, but did not responsd

12. more language support (in the interface)

I would like for all the onscreen instructions to appear in Spanish. I teach in an immersion program in which students cannot see or hear any English, and there appears to be no way to change the language in the settings so that all the text in the polls changes to something other than English. I'm referring to instructions like "Text a CODE to XXXXX", "Submit reponses at http:...", Total results", etc. All of the interface language should be viewable in the same language as my original text in the poll.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

You can now change the language support for the instructions on our chart visualization. Here’s how:

1. go to Settings by clicking the top right of the page
    2. select the Poll Settings tab
    3. choose which language under “What language should my instructions be in?”
    4. click Save

That will update the instructions for all of your existing polls and all newly created polls. You can always change the language in the future as well. If you have any feedback on our translations, just shoot us an email and we’ll see what we can do to make them better!

13. Need a competition leaderboard slide

Need a report slide that can show which team is in the lead based on previous answers. It is too awkward creating reports each time to do this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide a way to Export text responses to .txt or .xls files

For example, I use Poll Everywhere to take attendance by answering some basic question and their name. It would be helpful to be able to export the answers to excel or Word rather than scrolling through them in one of the output formats.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. import longer questions

it'd be nice to be able to import longer questions options allowing for punctuation within options and separate options by a special character (e.g. tab, pipe or semi-colon)

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  17. Display Total Votes when Showing Percentages

It appears that when one chooses to show percentages instead of votes that the total number of votes is not displayed. It would be helpful if the total votes remained on the the screen for both options (or could be selected as an option). When I display percentages I have no way of knowing how much of my audience has participated in the poll.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make multiple polls live

I would like to be able to make multiple polls live at the same time, so that students can answer for instance 5 questions at once and then we can review them together. Instead of taking on poll at a time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  19. Pie Charts

Instead of using bars can you use pie charts with percentages, percentage and count, or just could. Example: 4 votes blue, 6 red, 10 total or 40% or 4 Votes blue, 60% or 6 red (100% or 10 total). Pie is good. Bars get boring. Think Excel integration/coding perhaps?

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable QR Codes?

Would be great if a QR Code could be displayed next to my unique URL of PollEv.com/mrztechtv since my audience could scan the QR code instead of typing in the short URL. Thanks for considering!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added a new Beta feature to add some support for QR codes. It is fully functional and supported, but remains in beta because it does not currently work for Competitions.

You can enable this feature here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/labs

Once the QR Code feature is enabled for you account when you open a poll you should see a small QR code next to the response instructions on the chart. If you click this QR icon → a QR code will expand to show on the entire screen.

Anyone in your audience may then use any standard QR code reader on their phones to navigate to your pollev.com/username page

Furthermore, you may download the image for your QR code and add that as a slide in PowerPoint if you have your own instructions for the audience. You can download this image at polleverywhere.com/profile/edit

Hope this helps!

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base