Skip to content

Ideas

64 results found

1. Version 4.0.0 surprised us as the important features like insert video and insert webpage are removed completely. Please keep both.

Version 4.0.0 surprised us as the important features like insert video and insert webpage are removed completely. Please keep both.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow users to disable the annoying security bar messages when opening a web page

The following page https://support.polleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260801551109-Checking-an-inserted-website-s-security explains that a security bar is presented at the bottom of webpages presented via Polleverywhere. The problem I have is that when I open other webpages in the same window (for example, by clicking on a link), the security bar appears each and every time and I have to click "dismiss" repatedly for each new webpage. Is there a possibility to remove this security bar or to avoid having to click "dismiss" for each page separately? Your help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for providing this feedback. I am sorry to hear the security bar is causing some inconveniences. Unfortunately we cannot remove the security bar as it identifies whether the page is secure or not. We uphold several security certifications and this is one of many ways that we are able to maintain those certifications. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@polleverywhere.com. Thank you! 

3. PLEASE do not discontinue the important "segmentation" feature

It is awful news that you intend to discontinue the useful and important “segmentation” feature that allows to display results by groups and thus, to conduct team competitions:

https://www.polleverywhere.com/features/segmentation
    https://www.polleverywhere.com/case-studies/presentation-games
    https://support.polleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/9587871355163-Important-changes-coming-to-visual-settings-of-an-activity

Why do you plan to discontinue such an important and useful feature at short notice and without even giving a reason?

The segmentation feature is what made me choose Polleverywhere over other competitors. If it is no longer available, I am forced to switch to another provider (Mentimeter is now offering the segmentation feature). I cannot continue my subscription beyond the current licensing period if you discontinue this vital…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring Back Segmenation

You have cut the segmentation function. That was the best thing about your software. I used it regularly to turn 100-230 student lecture halls into classes with robust discussions. The other problems with your software were outweighed by the segmentation function. Without it, I'm going to have to push my university to switch to a new polling software.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for providing us with this feedback. We understand that segmentation is an important feature to you and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The decision to deprecate segmentation was made in order to support other large initiatives that will improve the presenter experience through better functionality, accessibility and overall design interface.

We always appreciate honest feedback and we hope that we can continue to support you with our platform. If you have any additional questions regarding this change or how we can assist you with preparing for this feature deprecation, please reach out to our support team at support@polleverywhere.com.

5. Allow disabling downvotes on free K-12 accounts

Not being able to disable downvoting responses on the free version of K-12 education accounts prevents teachers from adequately moderating responses. I love the idea of using this type of response, but I don't use it with my students due to the possibility of abusing the downvoting feature. It is irresponsible to make this a premium-only feature for the education accounts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Revert back to unrestricted stem length and font size

I am a longtime PollEverywhere user with a large collection of polls I’ve created over many years. I am upset that you decided some time ago to limit the number of characters in the stem of a multiple-choice question as well as the choice of only 3 font sizes in place of the previous slider bar that offered a full range of sizes that could be customized to be optimal.

Now, whenever I need to slightly modify the stem of a previously created poll that contains more than the arbitrary reduced number of characters, I find that I cannot do…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automatic Poll deactivation in PPT presenter mode

Polls used to automatically deactivate when advancing to the next slide in powerpoint presenter mode. That functionality no longer exists. I request that it somehow be made available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to 'Clear Responses' from PowerPoint without having to make an archive

In PowerPoint using the PollEV ribbon there is a handy Clear responses button, ideal for clearing data following trials of a presentation ready for delivery. But for some reason, it makes you save a freaking archive of your nonsense test responses. There should be an option here to 'Clear without creating archive'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Exiting presentation mode should NOT automatically deactivate current poll

Currently, and contrary to what the help documents say, exiting presentation mode automatically deactivates the current poll without warning. But this makes it very difficult to keep a poll open after class (such as a "muddiest point" question for students to submit requests for clarification). The recommended method for keeping a poll active at the end of class requires exiting presentation mode, advancing to the next activity, and then activating that new activity manually. That's both cumbersome and completely unintuitive.

Here are three potential solutions to this dysfunctional platform behavior:
    (1) When a poll is activated in presentation mode and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback.

To clarify, Present mode is designed for live presentations. Keeping the last activity activated by default can create confusion for presenters who are hosting multiple presentations for different audiences. This behavior was also specifically requested by customers who continued receiving responses after a class or presentation, meaning that students would earn credit even without attending the live lecture.

If you're looking to collect responses asynchronously, we recommend a few solutions:

• Pinned Activities: These Q&A activities remain available on another tab at pollev.com, regardless of the currently activated activity.
    • Response links: These unique links can be pasted into emails, forum posts, messages, and calendar invites so participants can respond at any time.
    • Activate button: If you're looking to activate an activity without presenting it live, you can use the Activate button or icon from the browser, any of our slideware apps, or our…
  10. to add/embed a part of a web page clipped in the slide like webview from apple, a feed or column from a web page

to embed or add a part/section from a webpage instead of the whole webpage, like adding a feed, gallery, column from a webpage. some thing like the old webview from apple.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Don't ZIP single screen shot downloads

My workstream has increased because of your recent changes. Can we go back to downloads of single poll screenshots being unzipped?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We hear your concern and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The reason we implemented this change was to keep your Poll Everywhere account more secure. I would recommend using the screenshot function on your device if you’re looking for a quicker option on the fly.

12. Word Cloud should allow multiple words, without having to use a tilde (~), or underscore (_).

Word Cloud should allow multiple words, without having to use a tilde (~), or underscore (_). People often respond with more than one word and the Word Cloud breaks it up as different responses. If I ask in an icebreaker "Who is your favorite musical artist, or band?", Pearl Jam, or Goo Goo Dolls would be split into separate responses (2 and 3 responses, respectively). I don't think the tilde and underscore function is intuitive and could create confusion and be ineffective. I probably won't use it and would like to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Export Live results EMBED/LINK codes with Title.

I created a web app that allow certain people to see live results of activities without having to login to POLLEV.COM and try to navigate to find what they need

BUT I have to copy manually every EMBED code from pollev to my app. I'd like to be able to just export the list and import it into my app.

Am I alone??

Ozzie.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Introduction & Conclusion Slides

It'd be great to have the ability to create introduction & conclusion slides to a poll.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Click and Drag priority list

Please bring back the click and drag force ranking. Today you have to do arrow up and down per option. If i have have 8 things to prioritize I need the users to able to quickly move the order. The arrow up/down to get the right order is too time consuming for larger lists.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customizable instructions (verbiage, not just colors.)

Allow people to tweak the way instructions are communicated.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need Pairwise Comparison functionality

This idea was rejected in 2015 but I urge you to provide the ability to show 2 options and allow a participant to select what they prefer that would aggregate to a true priority. This is an established way to prioritize. The click and drag priority is fine for 6-7 items but many times I have over 10 / over 20 things I'd like to get a group prioritization on and and taking a Pairwise comparison would be ideal. In general you have a gap/opportunity to provide a prioritization method for large number of items. Also, today the the click…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Poll Everywhere is focused on audience engagement and trying to keep activities both informative and quick for our general audience. We do have a few ranking alternatives and plans:

For a large number of options, we usually recommend using a Q&A activity. The presenter can pre-enter the 10 or 20 responses and then ask the audience to only upvote or downvote, not to submit any new responses.

Longer term, we do plan on having a Likert 1-5 ranking activity type. You can mimic this today by creating a Survey filled with Multiple choice questions asking each person to give a 1-5 or 1-10 preference ranking for each option. This can then be reviewed by using our Reporting features.

19. convert from one type of poll to another, e.g. multiple choice to competitions. We would like to do this by using an existing poll and conve

convert from one type of poll to another, e.g. multiple choice to competitions. We would like to do this by using an existing poll and converting from one type to another

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Consider changing the default font for WordCloud responses so that participants can use CamelCaps when typing their answers.

I asked my students to use CamelCaps with WordCloud questions so that they would know to run words together that are readable rather than posting words separated by spaces. They did this but the default font you use for WordCloud responses doesn't support capital letters which confused students and made me think that they didn't understand what I was asking for.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?