Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Downloading Screenshots or Slides that display all responses from an activity

There doesn't seem to be a way to download screenshots or slides with all of the responses appearing on the screen. In the past, I have been able to save screenshots with all responses to an activity to share them back with teams. Current screenshots of activities do not display all of the responses on the screen, and do not seem to be able to fit the responses with the new layouts. I attached 2 screenshots...the first is a screenshot of an activity with 12 responses...the screenshot only displayed one response using the new layout. The second screenshot is from…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your submission! I reached out to our Product Team about this and they let me know that Open-Ended activities can be tricky for downloading screenshots. The best recommendation I can make is to use Word Cloud or another activity type if you know you will want to download a screenshot. I would also recommend avoiding the Text Wall or Spotlight visual settings when downloading a screenshot. I hope this helps but please do not hesitate to reach back out if you have any additional questions!

2. Move QR codes out of Beta

The QR code feature has been in the beta feature for like 3 years now, but is now even more indispensable when students are responding to polls from a mobile device maybe in addition to accessing live teaching remotely on their computer. How about mainstreaming this and making it an easier/default feature for already time-poor and high-stressed lecturers? Instructions for the Beta route: https://support.polleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260804261070-QR-codes

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide options for uploading grades to Canvas LMS

When I export grades to Canvas, I'd like some options (checkboxes) to decide what to export. E.g., If I select a group of polls, I would like to send just the participation percent; or a total points for the polls. Often I don't want individual polls in the gradebook, just a score for the day.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give instructors in the same group the option to grade each other's questions

This would allow instructors to have TAs assist with grading, but it should be optional within a group because not all instructor groups would be sharing polls for this purpose.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Ranking Polls to have option to show correct answer

We would like to have participants rank the options based on what they think is the answer and then have the ability to show them the correct ranking order next to their answers.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove numbers from Polling Respose Options

Please remove the numbers from polling options. They look confusing, and like they are typos

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove capitals from PollEv.com/xyz on presentation view

Audience members sometimes ask if the P & E have to be capitals and iI suspect others unnecessarily type capitals when they first visit PollEv.com/xyz. I'd prefer it to say "Respond at pollev.com/xyz". It's a small thing but every little helps with an audience's first time use.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Randomize assignment to two simultaneous polls

This might be difficult but, for polls among registered participants only, could you allow randomization of which person gets which poll?

If the instructor could then show both activities simultaneously on screen, we could run randomized trials within the group.

An example of simultaneous assignment of two polls is:

https://sites.tufts.edu/foodecon/2019/01/are-choices-predictable

but for that I had to do the polling outside of class. If we could do this live in class, we could develop more randomized experiments within the classroom.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a stopwatch to the poll

Polls currenlty have the option for a timer only, so this idea could be easy to implement. There are different scenarios where a meeting room needs to time how long they spend on the current slide, for example, discussing and evaluating colleagues, then voting on the "grade". A stopwatch would allow to time without requiring a separate application to run in the forground as a timer, making Polleve a more complete package. Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. improve "recent presentations" on pollev.com

As students, it'd be helpful to see more than 3 "recent presentations" so that we can access frequent professors faster

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Back Button to LiveSlides PowerPoint add-in

LiveSlides doesn't have a back button but it needs one! This would allow someone to be able to follow a hyperlink on a website but still get back to the original webpage. Without it, I can't figure out how to get back.

I'd like to use LiveSlides within a self-guided PowerPoint to flip the classroom, and I want students to be able to do a simple research project but easily move forward with the presentation when they are finished.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I'm answering a Q&A question, mark which items I've already upvoted or downvoted

When I'm answering a Q&A question, mark which items I've already upvoted or downvoted so I can more easily work through the list. It's also hard to understand (and explain to others) what the numbers are on the left. Perhaps a label at the top of that column would help.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, I’m not sure I fully understand. After you up/downvote on a response to a Q&A poll → the up/down arrow should turn from white to a dark blue to indicate that you have voted. Is this not happening for you or not what you have in mind?

The numbers along the left is the “Net score” or “Net votes” which tallies the +1 and -1 votes and gives it’s overall value. I haven’t heard much confusion with the Net Score being unclear, however we will definitely test it with some folks and if we hear from more people we will add some more labeling. We’re always hesitant to add more words to clutter up the response page, but it’s important to be clear.

Thanks for the feedback!

13. Reverse display order for open-ended responses

We use open-ended responses to collect questions for executive town halls. It would be great if we could reverse the order and new responses/questions would be added at the bottom instead of the top.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Editing participant poll answers as a presenter.

Possible way for presenters to edit participant's poll answers? Often times, participants request a change of Poll answers simply because they selected the incorrect answer for a graded poll or they had technical difficulties trying to access the Poll. I was just wondering if there's already a feature implemented where the presenter can go in and change the participant's answer or even manually enter in a participant's answer.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not have a way to do this right now. I definitely understand the situation when a participant has legitimate issues and should get a correct score.

Longer term, I expect that we will create something like this. However, there are some implications around potential cheating and data ownership that just makes it trickier to implement. Mostly this is around editing open ended responses where a bad actor could abuse Poll Everywhere to get a participant in trouble by editing their responses.

We might be able to do something to edit points/correctness from our reports. Otherwise, for now, I recommend making any necessary edits from wherever you are storing the grades long term.

Thanks for the idea!

15. Could we go back to the icon feature instead of labels on the right side of ppt presentation?

Icon is cleaner. Label tends to cover the contents on the power point.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been keeping a close eye for feedback on this change. We have generally seen that most people appear to be reassured with the labels as the icons weren’t always as clear for folks.

That said, I definitely understand the desire to not cover up the chart more. We definitely plan on more tweaks to those labels/buttons in the near future to be a cleaner and more beautiful experience.

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate it

16. I am wondering if I can make a shape(ex. animal, tree...) with the keywords from the participants in Word Cloud function.

Since I saw Pollev, It changed the way I survey.
    My name is Hwain Moon from Korea and I work for a pharmaceutical company.
    I use pollev's word cloud function to get doctors' idea on our product. To tell the truth I am 90% satisfied with the service now.
    But I am wondering if I can make a shape(ex. animal, tree...) with the keywords from the participants in Word Cloud function.
    Best regards,
    Hwain Moon

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Percentage breakdown of combination of answer choices

In MCQs, where multiple choices are correct, breakdown of individual choices is given. It would be great if % of the responses for particular combination would be shown.

For eg. if one person voted for A and B choices, and the other person voted for B & C, the breakdown provided is for
    A - 50%
    B-100%
    C-50 %
    It would be nice to have % breakdown of all possible combinations.
    (A,B) - 50%
    (B,C) - 50%

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would it be possible to have a sticky note response in the future?

When students respond, their answer shows up as a sticky note on the screen. Like Jamboard but in Jamboard students have the ability to change other students answers. I think you have a much better product and this would be a great response idea for students!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Could BOLD be an option in the Title Line

Add the option for BOLD text as part of the Title Line text

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. pollev app for Zoom marketplace

Several other mobile polling apps are now available as apps in the Zoom marketplace, but I can't find pollev there. It would be very useful if poll everywhere would also create an app so that polls, etc. could be completed from within the Zoom meeting! https://marketplace.zoom.us/

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas