Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Weighted Voting

Have a way for a delegate's vote to be weighted in situations where one delegate is representing several people's vote as a proxy or maybe the president's vote has more swing so his/ her vote should count as two individual's vote.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add existing questions to a new competition

I was surprised that the questions for competitions need to be added one by one. Come on folks! We need to be able to call on a library of our existing questions and incorporate those into a competition (then edit them if needs be) - in addition to adding new questions if needs be.

Starting a new competition then adding questions one by one by one isn't great!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add other options to Competition Feature

Right now you can only use multiple choice in the competition feature. It would be great if you could add in other types like clickable image and any others that could have "correct" answers.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to log me out on all devices

If I log in on someone elses device - whether in the browser, PowerPoint, etc. - and forget to log out, I'd like the ability to log myself out of anywhere I'm logged in. This would improve data privacy/security as I could remove access to see my polls, and ensure that others aren't using my login for their own purposes.

This would be similar to Spotify's "Log out of everywhere" option, or Google's "Log out of all sessions" ability.

example: https://support.spotify.com/us/account_payment_help/account_basics/can-i-sign-out-of-my-account-if-im-signed-in-on-another-device/

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display "view responses" in order

Display "view responses" for participants in order that survey was given; not time question was answered. Also allow participants to view individual surveys, not just a running tab of all answers. Currently, this is difficult for students to check their work and it is difficult for them to use "view responses" as a "key" or study guide for future reference.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give access only to the attending students.

It would be great if only the attending students can response to the active survey or quiz. If a student is registered in the class, he still can take the survey even though he is not attending the class. This feature will be very helpful in taking the class attendance. I would recommend having an access code for each survey displayed on the board. Attending students only can see it and type it in to access the survey. This feature can be added to the survey setting, such as Restrict to participants with access code only.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve discussed a few different ways we might do this. I’d like to ask if this would work for you:

If the title of the question is not displayed on the mobile device, so the only was a student could know what you are asking is if they can see the chart, would that be sufficient for you?

It isn’t fool proof, but we’re a little hesitant to add in the complexity to reply that it takes to enter a long, rotating code. There’s just a balance we’re trying to strike between ease of replying and preventing any cheating.

7. Unlink title font size from logo size

It's great that I can upload a logo to a slide, but if I want to change the size of the logo to be small and unobtrusive, I have to also change the size of the font. So either I have a logo the size I want, but small title text, or the font size I want with a big ol' logo image. It would be nice if the logo size and font size weren't linked.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry about the trouble you’ve had with the text sizing. I can empathize with you entirely. Text sizing is just one of those subtly tricky things.

We’ve had this request before and it is something we’ll definitely look into how we can accomplish. There are some workarounds that you can do with the image itself that you are uploading as a logo. Where we can add some “whitespace” around it to appropriately size. However, that is a somewhat tedious process.

Another thing that I’ve seen done as a workaround is to upload a Background Image with your logo in the corner and the rest just a white background. That can sometimes cause text to cover the logo but with proper placement and spacing/alignment you can maneuver around that.

Thank you for the suggestion and bringing this up. We’ll post here as we make progress on these sorts of customization…

8. In competitions, ability to make questions worth different number of points

In competitions, instead of each correctly answered question automatically being worth 1000 points, this value should be customizable, so questions can be worth 100, 200, 500, etc points.

Also, the option of setting incorrectly answered questions as negative points.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. Our current goals are to try to keep Competitions as simple and easy to understand as possible for both the presenter and the audience when it comes to scoring. We have other features in the roadmap for Competitions first but we’ll definitely consider this as interest grows.

9. Presenters would like to use the PollEv Mobile app remote function with the Mac Presenter

At the moment the remote functionality of the mobile app only works with the Windows Presenter. I have seen an uptick in requests to use the Mobile app remote with the PollEv Mac presenter. Posting this to gage interest of our users.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I remember when we released the Remote Control for our Windows PollEv Presenter that we looked into getting it working with Mac and there were some complications with how PowerPoint for Mac detects some of our poll settings. If there’s interest though, we can definitely look into the problem with fresh eyes and see what we can do

10. Sign in to polleverywhere with Google

Have you considered allowing sign-in with Google? Next year our school will not allow us to use sites the necessitate login if they don't have sign-in with Google. We are concerned about students being asked to have too many logins between 8 teachers.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, it’s still planned for us to do but it’s been pushed back to make way for more team competition related features and an improved asynchronous polling method for quizzes and feedback outside of the class/presentation.

We have included a quick Recent Presentations list that will help students and participants switch between presentations faster. You can read a little about that here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/new-for-2016-updates-on-your-poll-everywhere-account/

We have also added a way to import all of your students with Blackboard and Canvas LMS. So, they can log in with their Blackboard or Canvas emails.

Google SSO is still planned but is not going to be tackled until at least this fall 2016

11. allow to set mandatory questions vs not mandatory questions

Some questions might not be mandatory to answer allowing to skip them and move to the next one

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. be able to embed the "pushed" questions.

Each poll can be embedded with a script, however, we can't embed the live poll (except for iframe) that is being pushed by us onto our PollEv page.

It's nice to have the PollEv.com Page - but it's not always perfect. Maybe on paid plans you can add this feature: Embedable Push Script.

This is why we need it: We want to do LIVE video conferences. Underneath the video player, we want to embed our live poll. Whenever we "push" a question out - it will update under our player as well. This way the user will not have to…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow hyperlink open on a poll

I wish there is a way to allow live link on a poll page. For example, a instructor wants a student to read an article/watch a video on their own devices. He can create a poll with the link embedded. Currently, I can type in the link in the question or answer box, but the link is deal.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Does the instructor want the students to read the article before they reply to the poll or after?

If it’s before, we’ll need to build something to support this. I’m a little worried if there are any security implications where someone could post a malicious link and I’d need to speak with some of our legal/security folks to make sure that’s okay.

Otherwise, if the link should be shown after the students reply → we can do that today with our Custom Reply Message. This shows a small notification after the reply has been sent and you can paste a clickable link here.

For details on the custom reply message: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/response-settings/custom-reply-message

14. Add sound to the countdown timer

Can you put in some sound options when the countdown timer gets to 00:00. I have a couple of audience members who are colorblind and several have said that hearing a bell would let them know that time was up, if they weren't looking at the screen

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is your audience generally responding by the web on their phones or are they responding by text message?

I ask because we have a longterm goal (hopefully sometime this year) to add the countdown time to the web response page on the audience’s phone and to have this timer work with screenreader and other accessibility devices. Do you think that would solve the problem?

15. Allow Q&A ideas to be combined/merged along with the votes

Allow ideas to be combined/merged along with the votes in the Brainstorming / Q&A poll

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change default right/wrong point assignment

For teaching I give mostly multiple choice questions. For the wrong answer I'd like to assign 2 points and right answers I'd like to assign 4 points. I then use the export-to-canvas to send them all to my student's accounts.

I'd like to set this up by default. Currently, for every question I turn on the "assign points", and fill in the 2 for all questions but the correct one, where I fill in a 4.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Q&A enhancement

Add the option for a Customisable Question with a User Drop Down box options before continuing on to the page to write your Q&A, This would allow us to continue as anonymous, yet have a group identifier that allows us to tailor the response in a live Q&A. The example I have is to be able to identify the market / location where the question is being asked from. This would then be displayed in a new column during a live Q&A so that you can sort by market first, and votes second, so that each population has questions answered.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show Colored Markers Idea for Clickable Images

You may be spinning the wheels on this already, but it would be AWESOME if your programmers could add another toggle switch to a live poll that would change the colors of the participants markers to match their "group" colors instead of just displaying all markers in green. This would allow for a few more competitive uses of PollEv in the classroom.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide responses from audience

There should be a way for the instructor to view the student responses without sharing the responses with the audience. This is important for 2 reasons. First, students will wait until others have responded and choose the most popular answer. Second, if student do poorly on a question but still don't know the answer, the instrutor can give the students another opportunity to answer the question but allow them to work in groups.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Would you typically have a second device (laptop, tablet, smartphone) on hand while you are teaching class?

You can use our Hide Results feature right now to show the instructions and answer choices, but hide the chart/results from students on the big screen. And, pair this with our mobile app or mobile website to see the results as they come in on either a secondary computer or your phone. If most of the students are getting the wrong answer > you can clear the results OR create a new question on-the-fly > and ask that right from your phone.

For details on our mobile presentation app: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/tips-and-tricks#polling-without-a-projector

And, for details on hiding the results with Instruction View: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#presenting-your-poll

20. Customize the look and feel of the slides contained in a competition (just like the branded response pages)

Customize the look and feel of the slides contained in a competition (just like the branded response pages)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas