Skip to content

Ideas

237 results found

1. When I advance past an embedded poll in PowerPoint, deactivate the poll

Basically what the title says - it's really slick that a poll activates as soon as I move to its slide in PowerPoint, but when I advance to the next slide after the poll, the poll remains active and people may still be responding. I'd like to see it where it's only active while the poll's slide is being presented.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a tough one. We’ve had a couple other folks ask for this as well. There’s a couple reasons we’ve been reluctant to make this change
    - first, we really want to make sure that the audience is able to reply. Getting that feedback is the core part of our service so we try to be more lenient in that direction vs. harder time restrictions
    - second, it’s fairly common (and easy) for presenters to accidentally skip forward a slide and then go back. And, we don’t want to

Those are the two big ones. We could add a toggle to switch whether we default to de-activate when you leave a poll slide. However, it’s a lot more complexity and a bit risky for us to maintain two different versions for how Activation works since it is such a core part of our entire workflow.

So, it’s certainly not…

2. Allow group members to clear response data

In academic uses of Poll Everywhere, a lot of instructors have teaching assistants who help them to collaborate and share polls. We use the "groups" feature for this but one thing that TAs do not have access to do with grouped polls that they did not create is clear response data. This would be a great setting, for example, "Allow group members to clear response data for this poll" to enable for groups.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I understand completely. Yes. These sorts of Permissions and Collaboration features are really important and can also get complicated for us. The largest issue is just that it varies from presenter to presenter as to whether they want to allow others to do things like Clear Results.

For now, we are defaulting to prevent other users on the account from clearing or performing any other permanent/destructive actions on another person’s polls.

We have a few different initiatives in progress that should hopefully begin to address these sorts of issues, however introducing a more complex permissions system is a long project for us.

So, please stay tuned and thank you very much for the suggestion! We appreciate it and will do our best to post here and keep you all updated as we build more toward a multi-user and collaborative world.

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Adding the time element to the Change Answer feature was a tricky decision for us, but was a response to issues we had where participants were interrupting presentations by deleting their responses at moments while the presenter was specifically addressing them.

I’ll bring this up for our design and engineering team and see what it might take to make that an editable setting. We just always try to strike a balance between simplicity and customization to keep things understandable.

4. Scale & 100 point questions

I had to go with www.mentimeter.com for a conference due to not having the question types of scales and 100 points. You guys should check those 2 types out and add them to poll everywhere.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Editing participant poll answers as a presenter.

Possible way for presenters to edit participant's poll answers? Often times, participants request a change of Poll answers simply because they selected the incorrect answer for a graded poll or they had technical difficulties trying to access the Poll. I was just wondering if there's already a feature implemented where the presenter can go in and change the participant's answer or even manually enter in a participant's answer.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not have a way to do this right now. I definitely understand the situation when a participant has legitimate issues and should get a correct score.

Longer term, I expect that we will create something like this. However, there are some implications around potential cheating and data ownership that just makes it trickier to implement. Mostly this is around editing open ended responses where a bad actor could abuse Poll Everywhere to get a participant in trouble by editing their responses.

We might be able to do something to edit points/correctness from our reports. Otherwise, for now, I recommend making any necessary edits from wherever you are storing the grades long term.

Thanks for the idea!

6. Edit order of groups in the Participants screen

I'd like to change the ordering of the groups listed on the right side of the Participants screen. Possibly drag them up or down after clicking on the Edit button.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually have never heard of this before, but you are 100% right we do not currently have a way to reorder or customize those at all right now.

We’re generally trying to move away from drag and drop within the application to better support Tablets and mobile devices. However, I will bring up reordering the list for future enhancements to that page.

Thanks again!

7. Adding a feature that allows participants to notified when they are to answer a poll question.

dding a feature that allows participants to notified when they are to answer a poll question. This could be something like a push notification on the app or an email alert when using the website.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This could be possible for us to do with our downloadable mobile application, but gets very tricky for participants that are just using a web browser or text messaging to reply. We’ve also been very hesitant to cause any notification that might cause “buzzing” or other sounds in a large auditorium as it might be very distracting, although I believe there are some ways around that.

Are most of your participants using the downloadable app or are you looking for something more?

Thanks for the feedback!

8. Polls embedded in PowerPoint should save final results

When I have multiple polls in PowerPoint, after the presentation is done, the results of the last active poll are saved on a slide - because that poll is still considered active. I'd like all the results collected during the presentation to be saved on the slide for each poll so that when I distribute the presentation the static results are show. Simply doing whatever you do with the active poll when the presentation is closed should be applied to the inactive polls too.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

We do have a way to insert a screenshot with the results into PowerPoint. That would be my recommendation for right now. The tricky part for us is that many presenters like to reuse their decks and they want to have the poll slides always be empty and not show results. It’s a tough tradeoff for us.

But, here’s how you can insert screenshots with the results without leaving PowerPoint for Windows
    1. in PowerPoint, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the upper right
    2. then click the arrow icon at the bottom of the Insert button
    3. select Screenshot
    4. click the checkbox for the polls you want to get screenshots for
    5. then click Insert Screenshot

That will insert separate powerpoint slides with screenshots for the selected polls. You may then move those to the desired spot in your deck before sharing.

9. Hybrid multiple choice / free text question type

It would be helpful to have a hybrid multiple choice / free text questions type. E.g. Have 3 multiple choice options and an "Other" free text field

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello, it would be convenient if members of a user group could see each others participant groups and that an administrator could set up and

Hello, it would be convenient if members of a user group could see each others participant groups and that an administrator could set up and enroll participants in the group of other users

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea, I can understand the desire of admins being able to setup or maintain participant groups. Right now, administrators may invite/add participants to an account. And, those participants (students) could then reply to the polls of any presenter on the account as a registered participant. But, Participant Groups are all based on the specific user or presenter.

It’s certainly possible for us to make some architectural changes around how we store participant groups and the permissions around them, but unfortunately it’s not an easy or quick project. I don’t expect us to create this in the short term unless there’s a lot of interest from the community.

Thanks for the suggestion though! We appreciate it and will definitely take it under consideration

11. Allow hyperlink open on a poll

I wish there is a way to allow live link on a poll page. For example, a instructor wants a student to read an article/watch a video on their own devices. He can create a poll with the link embedded. Currently, I can type in the link in the question or answer box, but the link is deal.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Does the instructor want the students to read the article before they reply to the poll or after?

If it’s before, we’ll need to build something to support this. I’m a little worried if there are any security implications where someone could post a malicious link and I’d need to speak with some of our legal/security folks to make sure that’s okay.

Otherwise, if the link should be shown after the students reply → we can do that today with our Custom Reply Message. This shows a small notification after the reply has been sent and you can paste a clickable link here.

For details on the custom reply message: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/response-settings/custom-reply-message

12. Resend Participant Invite

We would like to be able to re-send invitations to imported participants.
    Participants can be sent info to complete their registration through the participant import process, but there is no way to re-send the "complete your registration email" to them once they have been imported.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Presenter View" support in PowerPoint

Is there any way to support presenter view in PowerPoint? I'd love to be able to see one slide ahead instead of just mirroring my presentation when I have my laptop plugged into the projector. Currently the polls display but not in the correct location on the slide...they will be off center or even overlayed on the presenter view screen instead of on the slideshow.
    Thanks!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, this is tough. Presenter View is not specifically supported, however we do usually work with it. We do have a workaround setting that we can apply if you are using PowerPoint for Mac. If that’s the case, please contact us at support@polleverywhere.com and we can walk you through our “Force Monitor” feature.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a similar workaround for Windows. I opened a request with our Windows Slideware team to investigate if there’s something we could do as a workaround in the short-term. Otherwise, Microsoft does not have Presenter View available in the API (integration format) that we use. So, for us to fully with Presenter View we’ll need to do some reverse engineering to figure out what kind of math the Microsoft engineers are using here. Which is just tough for us.

I’ll see what the team thinks and try to get another update on…

14. Custom size images

Would like to be able to size an image so that poll takers do not have to scroll horizontal and vertically for entire image for voting

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can look into how we determine the image size for our clickable image polls on our pollev response page. If you resize the initial image to be smaller (less tall) before uploading, that will resolve the problem. This is because we want to make the image large enough to click on and fill up the screen while keeping the same height to width ratio. So, any image that is much longer than it is tall > can result in this situation.

But, our engineers will investigate to see what we can do programmatically to prevent this or at least make it less extreme.

15. Make a check box poll type for multiple boxes

I'd love to allow the clickable image to make smaller boxes to click. Currently there is no "check box" questions. I need to poll how many criteria apply to the question from my audience. Currently the UI is too cumbersome to draw 20 boxes, for example, but suitable for <8. If you look at my poll here, you could see I'm almost set up to collect tick boxes on each category, but creating that many boxes is too difficult the way the current functionality is set up

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s a tricky one. I can see how you were setting it up, but it’s difficult to display that many options on a live screen.

The closest thing we currently have, that I might recommend, is to use a Survey and separate these out into several multiple choice poll questions.

Otherwise, I agree we’d need a new poll type for this sort of situation. It’s really clever idea – I wish we had a better solution for you out of the box. I’ll bring it up to our engineering team to see about feasibility.

16. Exporting results in a PPT format

Add the option of expporting results into a PPT.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you interested in getting a screenshot of the poll results into PowerPoint? Basically the same thing that we display on the live poll. Or, a report?

If a screenshot of the results, we do have a pre-built way to insert the screenshots of polls directly into a PowerPoint presentation from our PowerPoint app. Here’s how:

1. install our powerpoint app at polleverywhere.com/app
    2. once installed, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the top right of PowerPoint
    3. select Insert → Screenshot
    4. then select the poll questions that you would like to insert the screenshots for directly into PowerPoint

We have some more info here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/new-powerpoint-placeholder/

17. Add more color to word clouds

I use your word cloud option regularly but find the colors quite drab which is disappointing for an option which is inherently visual. Currently I can only control the color of the two most popular responses. I don't need to be able to choose the color of individual words, but it would be great to be able to request a more vivid color palate.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll run this by our visual engineering team who work on our animations (like the word cloud). I know that in the past this was difficult for us to add more customization to the word cloud responses. The technology we used only supported 20 different color options and adding our own customization threatened the loading speed. We’ve made some significant progress in our loading time, so it may be more viable today.

Thanks for bringing this up!

18. Change default right/wrong point assignment

For teaching I give mostly multiple choice questions. For the wrong answer I'd like to assign 2 points and right answers I'd like to assign 4 points. I then use the export-to-canvas to send them all to my student's accounts.

I'd like to set this up by default. Currently, for every question I turn on the "assign points", and fill in the 2 for all questions but the correct one, where I fill in a 4.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When I'm answering a Q&A question, mark which items I've already upvoted or downvoted

When I'm answering a Q&A question, mark which items I've already upvoted or downvoted so I can more easily work through the list. It's also hard to understand (and explain to others) what the numbers are on the left. Perhaps a label at the top of that column would help.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, I’m not sure I fully understand. After you up/downvote on a response to a Q&A poll → the up/down arrow should turn from white to a dark blue to indicate that you have voted. Is this not happening for you or not what you have in mind?

The numbers along the left is the “Net score” or “Net votes” which tallies the +1 and -1 votes and gives it’s overall value. I haven’t heard much confusion with the Net Score being unclear, however we will definitely test it with some folks and if we hear from more people we will add some more labeling. We’re always hesitant to add more words to clutter up the response page, but it’s important to be clear.

Thanks for the feedback!

20. Ability to delete individual responses

In a moderated event, it would be good if we could delete individual responses to preserve the 500 response count. In many cases, we have forums where we would like to allow participants to be anonymous and also to have the ability to input multiple responses, but it only takes one person in the group to ruin it for everyone else. Deleting all the responses is not a great option because it deletes the legitimate responses.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ah, this is a tough one. Most of our pricing is based around the maximum number of responses allowed per poll question because generally larger events have a larger budget and this helps keep things fair for our customers and keeps us in business.

If we allow plans with moderation to “delete” a response and prevent it from getting recorded as a response it allows for some bad agents to game our pricing system and get a lot of “free” responses by showing them and then “deleting” them before they reach the limit. So, it’s a tradeoff for us.

We might be able to do something like giving each presenter a maximum of 5-10 “deletes” that they can use for any given poll question. That way you can remove a few bad responses that you never want to display, but prevent gaming the system.

Do you think that would work…

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base