Skip to content

Ideas

64 results found

1. Help powerpoint learn to wait until your in-poll build is complete before auto-advancing the slide

When using AutoAdvance in a PowerPoint show, polls that build on-screen (like free text) get cut short. The auto advance timer ignores your on-screen animation and advances whether the poll is finished or not. This is not the case with native PowerPoint animations. There is a flag to show when the animation is complete and the Transition routine checks that flag before triggering the transition. It would be great if your add-in could also set/clear that same flag. Then the PPT would wait until the poll finishes loading before firing the slide transition. That would allow your polls to work…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately the timer is tied to when a poll is activated. Once you present the poll, the timer will begin. We have no plans to separate the two. We’re doing this primarily to ensure that everyone is able to respond and to stay consistent about when the timer starts for all presenters. Sorry we can’t accommodate your use case.

2. Expand 'Wait screen' across multiple slides to enable more event details to be shared

Having the option to make this a multi-tab or multi-slide holding page to enable Event planners to share more details of the event e.g. the venue, the dress code, the agenda. For a number of events, we work with an agency to produce a web-portal that enables delegates to register pre-event, and shares with them details of the venue, venue location and other key details about the event. If Poll Everywhere had a feature that enabled you to share more information on the Welcome page, (as well as a pre-event registration feature which I have suggested separately) it would eradicate…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. RAFFLE (for collecting attendance data)

Students submit their name (and possibly major and email address as desired for data collection). Then a randomizer selects one entry as the raffle prize winner.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s a couple of ways to do this currently:

1. Create a Multiple choice activity, set it to require registered participants only, and after you collect responses, run the Participant response history report and export to Excel to choose a winner randomly.

2. If you don’t have a plan that supports registered participants, create an Open-ended activity asking for their names. After you collect responses, run the Participant response history report and export to Excel to choose a winner randomly.

4. Place a hyperlink in the question to direct students to a webpage before responding.

It would be nice to be able to link text to an outside webpage for students to be directed to before they respond to the question. Keeps students from wandering or fumbling with a long url.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we are unable to link out to external websites for security purposes. It is something that we’d love to do and I certainly understand the draw.

While 99% of the time people presenting polls have nothing but good intentions, we need to protect all participants by assuring that any link/URL posted on a Poll Everywhere poll is a safe, secure link that we own.

Thank you for the feature request! Sorry that we aren’t able to help out more for this. My best recommendation is to post the link the title or something and let the students copy/paste

5. Include ability to use hyperlinked items in poll questions.

I was trying to create a poll for a presentation where attendees would evaluate the veracity of a variety of news articles. I wanted to include a link to an article as a question, where the user could click the link, read the article and then go back to the poll to answer the question. However, Poll Everywhere does not have the ability to use a linked item and I think it should.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we cannot have hyperlinks on our poll questions to pages outside of our application for security purposes. It is one of those things where 99.9% of the time everyone means well and it’s just a link to a news article like you suggest. But, allowing a hyperlink also allows bad actors to do phishing attacks and send their audience to a website that could be collecting password/email or other data and we become liable for that.

6. Segmentation reports

Up until recently ( last used Dec 2017) I was able to do poll by poll segmentation reports. I have been told by your support team that this is no longer supported as you have changed to only support a graded answer system. Unfortunately unless I am planning on running a pub quiz type setup this isn’t very helpful in a commercial/conference environment. Segmentation data, or demographics as we know it, can be a really important factor in using polling. Using the polls to breakdown where people are from, what kind of organisation they work for or what size of…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Do not randomize a ranked poll

Do not randomize a ranked poll

I would like to create a poll where an initial ranking is given, so that the participants can change it instead of starting from scratch.
    Especially with a large set of answer options (around 20) a sensible starting point makes things easier.

So it would be helpful if a ranking poll could be configured so that it does not randomize the items.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, I can certainly understand your situation. That makes a lot of sense for you. Unfortunately, we very hesitant to add the complexity handle randomized and not. We wanted to prevent biasing the responses to any particular order when we built the feature.

And, we’re worried about the cost to maintain both. My only suggestion for you would be to try our Q&A poll. You could seed some responses to this poll in the order that you want and then let your audience up or downvote the replies. It’s not exact either, but it is often easier when you are dealing with a large set or replies like you are.

8. Custom Text Messages

Would love to be able to customize the initial text message that participants receive. We’re finding that our users are confused with the message they receive since it doesn’t provide them with an action to take. The only action it provides is what to do when they're done (reply LEAVE). It just seems odd to be able to customize the reply message, but not the initial one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, unfortunately we have to send that text message for legal reasons. It’s part of the Mobile Marketing Association Best Practices which necessitates that we inform anyone using us clearly the name of the company responsible for the message and clear instructions for how to prevent more messages (reply LEAVE).

So, there’s not a whole lot we can do until some of the rules/laws change. Sorry for the bad news, but that’s an excellent question and we appreciate the feedback!

9. music

add music or songs while participants making their choice

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has come up a few times in the past and we definitely understand the desire to have something to fill up the time it takes for the participants to reply. But, we just cannot commit to the cost it takes to support audio. There’s a lot of unknowns there and we do not want to take the blame if the audio is screeching load, starts skipping, or any of the other things that can happen with audio.

We recommend just setting up a sound bite you can manually control. But, we’ll let you know if we change our minds!

Thanks for the suggestion

10. Multiselect for Multiple Choice Questions

It would be nice to be able to allow a user to multi-select in response to a multiple choice question and then have the percentage results scale correctly. By this, I mean that if there is a question with possible responses A, B, and C and if a single user responds to the poll by selecting A and C, then A and C would have 100%, not 50 %, as with the current feature that allows a single user to supply more than one response. With a multi-select question, the percentages for all the responses do not necessarily sum to…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We’ve heard this a couple times, but unfortunately it’s actually a pretty significant effort for us to change how we calculate the live percentages on the charts. Everything we do is based around counting the individual results and not the results from a specific participant. It also adds a good bit of complexity for us to perform live, which could slow down the rendering of the chart.

For now, we plan to stick with our current method of tallying results.

11. Ability to Modify Corner Colors in LiveSlides

It would be really great if you could change the colors of the three boxes in all four corners of the LiveSlides placeholder images. That would give corporate PPT users the ability to match their corporate branding color requirements. Huge user benefit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we actually use those colors to help determine where to display the poll with our PowerPoint integration for Mac. So, we really do need the colors of those 4 squares set.

That said, we do have some changes coming out in a month or two (hopefully sometime in November) that will make those boxes much less intrusive. They will be smaller and will be grey and black instead of the blues they are today. Hopefully, this will solve the most intrusive issues for the placeholder images.

12. Sharing presentations with LiveSlides without installing add-in

Hey there,

I have downloaded the LiveSlides Add-in and I'm loving it, but I was wondering if you have any plans on developing this so that we can share presentations that include LiveSlides.

We use PPT to develop systems training. I have interactive HTML5 videos that we use as demos. Right now the trainers have to open a browser to view the video, then view in full screen mode before playing. Your add-in takes away some unnecessary steps.

We would need to be able to share these presentations without installing the plugin. We sometimes share with trainees, or we often…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, I’m glad that we’re able to help save you some time, unfortunately there isn’t really a way to share presentations without installing our add-in right now.

The API that we are using with Microsoft Office requires installation for security purposes. In the long-run as Office 365 becomes more and more widespread and settled, we might be able to do this with the Office 365 App Store. But, until that is settled and more widespread, we plan on continuing our current architecture so we can support all versions of PowerPoint from the last few years.

I’ll mention this to the team though and see if our engineers can think of any possible workarounds

13. App for Windows Phone

I have downloaded the iOS app and found it to be very good, easy to use, simple, straightforward.

However, not everyone has an iPhone (or an Android), my current clients have all been issued Windows phones. I don't know how much market Windows has in phones (probably not much) but having tested the Poll Everywhere experience through texting, I have to say that the app is better. If there was an app for Windows, I would strongly recommend to my clients that they use that instead.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Let the users send photo responses to a poll.

For example, during an icebreaker poll have them send a photo of their pet

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It really is a great idea and I wish we could. Ultimately, we just do not want to open the can of worms that it would take to host/display live images sent from the audience. There’s just no telling what certain people may think is funny to submit as a picture. And, no censorship or moderation filter will ever be quite enough.

In the meantime, I would definitely recommend you use pictures and even gifs on polls. Either as the background image, answer choices for multiple choice, or our clickable image polls.

Please post if you have any other ideas or if we can help you with anything else though!

15. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change or Allow Administrators to Customize the Wording of the Texbox for Q&A (So it Doesn't Say Response)

Right now the default message for the Q&A textbox says "Enter a response". The wording above also says "You have not responded." This wording is confusing, we want people to enter a question (not a response.) Please change the wording or allow the administrator to customize the wording

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we just cannot be sure if that will be true for most of our customers. Some will be using it for questions others for comments or replies. Our goal was to find a more generic term that will work for everyone.

That said, we can do some customization options for individual clients as part of our Custom Branding package for our enterprise clients. If you are interested, please contact sales@polleverywhere.com and we can get you set up with a quote for customizing anything on the response page.

17. API Call for tabulated results

The API call "/results" returns all individual responses. It would be useful to have an API call to return tabulated results for multiple choice polls. Usually an vote count or percentage is needed and not all responses.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually used to offer a /results/table option however it was so rarely used we ultimately deprecated it a few months back. We’re reluctant to add something like that back in the near future.

Sorry for the trouble caused for you, but let us know if there’s anything else you have for us.

18. Ask participants to enter a screen name before they respond to a poll via text

Currently, this feature is only available through web responses. It should be an option for text responses as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We discussed this a lot when we first released the Screen Name feature a few months ago.

Ultimately, we were (and still are) concerned that adding the extra time it would take for the participants to submit their screename, receive confirmation, and then reply to the actual question could take too much time and cause participants to miss the question entirely. In part because sending the confirmation over SMS can take 10+ seconds depending on their cell connection.

We didn’t want to take the risk. Above all, we want to make sure that the participants are able to quickly reply to poll questions and have their responses seen, heard and recorded.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

19. Web embedded polling widget should have the option to not show percentages when vote is cast or dynamically update as other votes are cast

Web embedded polling widget should have the option to not show percentages when vote is cast or dynamically update as other votes are cast

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, unfortunately our Web Voting Widget isn’t getting as much use as it used to and we aren’t planning on adding more functionality to it. If you do not want to display the results → I recommend using an iFrame to embed the shareable response link. That link is available on the same /embed page that you found the widget.

If you have any trouble getting an iFrame set up, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team at support@polleverywhere.com

We’re happy to help you out.

20. A new real-time voting system for the people—to reach our elected representatives when we need an immediate consensus with political topics.

I believe that the poll activity should be categorized into at least three groups within different domains. One for students and teachers, one for businesses and presenters, and also those who would like to vote on an international scale. So you have a public and private voting system. The private domain could have the individual’s name, but the public can permit the name of validated organizations, and also include the feature of searching for public polls to vote upon to network entire communities, organizations, and nations. This polling system has the potential to integrate a wider spectrum of audiences and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?